Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

14 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

No. The team isn’t. The PLAYER is. The actions of one guy doesn’t mean the rest of the team (coaches, players) are a **** show. 

I wish I could agree with you. In the course of a month this team had this situation, a HUGE sexual harassment scandal that resulted in the firing of 3 people who were in prominent positions and of course the forced name change which resulted in the first team in American sports history to start a season without a name.  This would be a lot for a team in a year, here it's just another month in Redskins Land.  This coming off 25 years of ineptitude, a 3 win season with yet another losing season in the works.  Yeah we are still a S Show.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 5

i've had the snake-bit syndrome for so long that when we draft a guy with "question marks" i just confidently assume it will be a waste and write off any real positive emotional investment under the idea of "i'll wait until it turns out otherwise and then i can be happily surprised"

i (internally) pretty much wrote guice off soon after we drafted him and while i typically have little relapses of hope in such situations, they were few and fleeting and once he got hurt so early it was over for me...so his name has been a waste of a roster space to me for quite awhile (and another junk higher-round pick) 

now that's not all rational thinking, just fitting to the org's reality under snyder to date

i feel worse hearing how well he was liked and perceived by a number of folks, and i hope he gets help if needed

• Like 10
9 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

They must have been privy to some damning evidence.

I say that because initially they issued a statement saying he was going to be suspended from the team indefinitely.

Then later they changed it, and announced his release.

Almost as if something blatant was revealed in between those announcements.

I hope so because teams get this wrong from time to time.  In general I'm

against  firing anybody based on allegations because you are innocent until proven guilty.

However, you’re right.  The initial response was to suspend him pending further information.  Clearly they received that information and acted quickly to release him. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

At least our other bust, Doctson, didn't to do this kind of crap...  No heart.

Its funny, because Doctson opted out this year over in New York because of covid.

Edited by Vanguard
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I wish I could agree with you. In the course of a month this team had this situation, a HUGE sexual harassment scandal that resulted in the firing of 3 people who were in prominent positions and of course the forced name change which resulted in the first team in American sports history to start a season without a name.  This would be a lot for a team in a year, here it's just another month in Redskins Land.  This coming off 25 years of ineptitude, a 3 win season with yet another losing season in the works.  Yeah we are still a S Show.  

Honestly, it’s been a long 4 weeks with work, that apparently i had put that all out of my mind. 

however, i will say, the people involved in that are all no longer there (minus Snyder, but he’s off on his yacht somewhere far away) so with the people currently in the building, it isn’t a ****show anymore 

It doesn’t really matter how disappointing he was here, it’s not really cool to equate someone’s personal medical decisions with their talent, performance, or especially perceived softness. I mean jeez guys. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Sometimes where there's smoke there's  fire.

Looks like the scouts were right... I always shook my head at his interview after his knee injury where he claimed it was incorrect to label him injury prone. His lack of awareness during that statement was always a head scratcher for me.

Now watch some other team pick him up and be like. Well he was accused of DV while he was with Washington, not with us..

Edited by Playaction2Sanders
4 hours ago, dyst said:

Can we bring back Roy Helu, Matt Jones or Keith Marshall?

Matt’s actually trying a comeback. 

2 hours ago, petey hodge said:

At least our other bust, Doctson, didn't to do this kind of crap...  No heart.

Doc probably would have torn something if he even thought about abusing a girl.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It doesn’t really matter how disappointing he was here, it’s not really cool to equate someone’s personal medical decisions with their talent, performance, or especially perceived softness. I mean jeez guys. 

I think it was more a joke aimed at his lack of true desire to play and using the opt-out clause as an excuse. It's the "homesickness of the knees" for a new decade lol...

• Like 1

Guise had been a waste of a roster spot for a while now. I accepted that is was a possibility for him to actually break out the same way I thought Brandon Banks could....as in sure it’s possible but I’ll believe it when I see it. Actually Banks was the better player for us in the end. How ****ed up is that? 

Edited by Llevron
7 hours ago, Csup said:

I wonder what negative thing I will read about Washington next week?

Stay tuned for next week’s episodes of As The Football Team Fumbles :silly:

• Haha 4

We need quality guys to help a new reflection propel. I hope for the best for whoever had to be on the unfortunate end of his actions and that they can move on from this. For Guice's sake this is a wake up call to get his act together and mature.

Now this opens up things for Gibson and Bryce Love, we know little about Love, he's been very quiet, hopefully he's the guy we really need..

13 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

They must have been privy to some damning evidence.

I say that because initially they issued a statement saying he was going to be suspended from the team indefinitely.

Then later they changed it, and announced his release.

Almost as if something blatant was revealed in between those announcements.

My guess is that the team is aware of significant problems that have not become public yet.  He may have been on thin ice before these charges.

I remember that Dallas cut Lucky Whitehead a couple years ago after he was charged with theft.  Then it came out that the person arrested was not actually Whitehead, it was someone else who had stolen Whitehead's personal information.   Some other guy just gave Whitehead's name when being arrested.  When it came out that Whitehead was mistakenly charged, Dallas was asked about their "mistake " of releasing a player that was mistakenly charged... they said basically "We are very comfortable with the decision to release him".  It turns out Whitehead had been a problem for a long time.  One of the more interesting tidbits was that he was sleeping with the woman who had made the allegations of abuse against Ezekiel Elliott that led to his suspension.  In the middle of the season, between games, Zeek was receiving texts from an anonymous number taunting him with screen shots of Whitehead and this woman hooking up between games.  He was hooking up with this girl who had already been caught making up false allegations against Elliott, while the issue was being investigated by the NFL.  Apparently the psycho woman was just sleeping  with Whitehead so she could torment Elliott further.  But that didn't stop Whitehead from continuing to do it... between games. That was just one of the stories that came out about Whitehead after he was cut.

3 hours ago, Silvernon said:

Three DV incidents and rumors of bipolar disorder aren't recipes for success elsewhere. 

On field skill set is.

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You’re not serious.  

I am.  He said he wants to go do charity work in Africa or something.  I’m 100% serious.

• TK locked this topic