Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

3 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

It feels a bit quick for me. Don't you want to wait and see how this evolves in court? 

But reading around here it seems like they knew. So for us it's new, for them not. So they probally did there research. 

So if Derrius murders someone, are you still going to feel that it is a bit quick for you and Redskins should wait and see how this evolves in court?

Edited by KWilliamsAWinfield
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

So if Derrius murders someone, are you still going to feel that it is a bit quick for you and Redskins should wait and see how this evolves in court?

Dude, why take this to the point of "absurd"? 😂 Come on, that makes no point in any discussion about this. 

Is it really that weird that my first reaction of hearing "dude is charged" "dude is fired" is...-> okay that went quick! You can put him on inactive and wait for the investigation. 

And that's the point in the second part of my post. Based on some posts the team knew this was an issue and that it was beeing investigated. They choose to keep him involved until he was charged. So the timeline and info of the team is different.

Look English is neither my first or second language. When I got a pop up that Joe Gibbs resigns, I thought that he got a new contract 😂. So this in this case for a better lack of word I used court. I just wanted to say that you might want to put him inactive, wait for investigation to complete and then choose to fire. But it looks like we did it that way(?) only not put him on inactive. We knew some person went to the police, we knew Guice was part of an investigation. Investigation is completed and charges are made. 

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

They must have been privy to some damning evidence.

I say that because initially they issued a statement saying he was going to be suspended from the team indefinitely.

Then later they changed it, and announced his release.

Almost as if something blatant was revealed in between those announcements.

I'm not aware of the US legal system. But is it possible that the team first handled on the Intel "charges filled" and then got the report which charges. They where like "okay this is even worse then expected". I'm not sure how open that info is (feels like US system is pretty open with Mug Shots and stuff)

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

3 separate allegations?! 

Come on man!

The team has had an offseason to forget. 

Unfortunately, Guice does not get to have the benefit of the doubt. 

3 separate incidences?!!

That's a pattern.

He should not have put himself in that position the first place especially after the first incident. 

I think with a normal team, in a normal off-season, he probably lasts a little longer.  But we are kinda Drama Inc. right now..  Maybe he still gets cut, but not THAT quick.  

On the Finlay pod,they posited that maybe he didn't tell the whole story at first, then the charges come out and this was a "you lied to us" situation.  Which I can also believe.

Edited by justice98
11 hours ago, WilberMarshall said:

If he was in Washington he won't be ranked. The bias against Washington is pretty obvious. 

Dude is not anywhere as good as Matt Ioannidis or even Kerrigan. 

There tends to be a bias against teams that stink. That's part of it.  These are players voting for fellow players. 

Preston had 12 sacks last year.  Preston didn't deserve it when he was here.  Kerrigan has made the top 100 when he has good years, last year wasn't one of them. 

Devastated to lose Guice, I have been super excited about him since we drafted him but this was the right move. Rivera and co just sent a strong message to the locker room about accountability and the type of culture that we're building. Feels a bit like Guice was a sacrificial lamb to an extent in terms of the speed with which we dealt with him, but I don't know the facts of the case and a statement had to be made.

Really glad we drafted Gibson. I liked the pick when we made it but no doubt it has become exponentially more important in light of the Guice situ.

I sincerely hope justice is served with Derrius - whatever that may be, innocent or guilty.

Whatever the facts of the matter, there's just no way we could keep him with those allegations, in the position we are in with the FO sexism and sexual harassment stuff hanging over us.

• Like 6

Well, at least there's a good chance Guice doesn't contribute positively to any other teams any time soon.

Not because of the charges but because stiff breezes are his kryptonite.

Some of y'all really sleeping on JD McKissic.  IMO he's already an upgrade over Guice with the same violent running style but better hands and better lateral jumping ability. 

I expect him to be our most productive back this season in Turner's Christian McCaffrey role.  Check out some highlights.  Insane spatial awareness at 4:45 against Patriots

And here's a

101 yard TD against Skins in pre-season a few years ago

He was also a Red Wolf in college...just saying

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 2

@TK posted months ago that Guise needed to check his behavior, because the new coaching staff was already sick of his crap and he was in the dog house. 

After the second allegation, we immediately signed Barber. 

Now, Love can play, Guise hurts his knee and gets arrested again.

There's no mystery or even a quick trigger really. The staff handed him a long rope and he still hung himself, so he's out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

@TK posted months ago that Guise needed to check his behavior, because the new coaching staff was already sick of his crap and he was in the dog house. 

After the second allegation, we immediately signed Barber. 

Now, Love can play, Guise hurts his knee and gets arrested again.

There's no mystery or even a quick trigger really. The staff handed him a long rope and he still hung himself, so he's out.

Interesting.   ditto this nugget below.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I was one of guice’s biggest fans even when others were not.   Drafted him in our mock draft.  Count me as glad as **** they dealt with him swiftly.  No more games.  RR is taking no ****.  Glad we have an adult in charge of the team again. 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

This time last year we'd have already reached out to his agent if he was on another team. Now, he's out.

Don’t get me wrong.  The team handled the situation correctly for a change.  And this problem is by no means isolated to Washington.

But there is a curse on this team.  I’m convinced Synder made a pact with the devil 30 years ago.  And payback is the rest of the time he owns the team.    I wonder what negative thing I will read about Washington next week?

• Haha 3
16 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I was one of guice’s biggest fans even when others were not.   Drafted him in our mock draft.  Count me as glad as **** they dealt with him swiftly.  No more games.  RR is taking no ****.  Glad we have an adult in charge of the team again. 

Ditto with me, he was one of my all time man crushes pre-draft.  And he definitely has a nice side to him.  I've never seen a player so generous with his time with fans.   Clearly though he has some problems that need to be resolved. 

8 minutes ago, Csup said:

Don’t get me wrong.  The team handled the situation correctly for a change.  And this problem is by no means isolated to Washington.

But there is a curse on this team.  I’m convinced Synder made a pact with the devil 30 years ago.  And payback is the rest of the time he owns the team.    I wonder what negative thing I will read about Washington next week?

Yeah it seems like this team is snake bitten in a big way.  And i do somewhat believe in karma.  And the stories about Dan not being the nicest dude I think doesn't help.

But then I think of an owner who had similar personality traits and habits, George Steinbrenner, did eventually win. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I didn't know all that, it's hard for me not to feel sympathetic towards innocent men that get taken to the cleaners through the legal system. I've witnessed it with a friend while he was going through a divorce/custody battle. Some of the ugliest stuff you will ever see. 

So now that you know that, does it change your opinion on Reuben Foster and how he should also be released? 

51 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

So nice having a staff that doesn't take flyers on head cases and injury prone players. Every roster spot will contribute. 

Every head case or injury prone player is worth a look. It’s the cost that needs to be considered. If Guice had been a 6th rounder I would be fine with the chance being taken.

• Like 2

It really hurts a team when you bank on a play who quickly gets hurt every season. 

that said, I don’t think new management was building game plans around him, considering the emphasis they put at the position. 

I think we’ll get a fair look at others who wouldn’t have had much of a chance now. I wasn’t counting on Bryce love returning to form but people forget that he finished 2nd to baker mayfield for the heisman. He has potential to replace the flashes you saw from guice and I don’t think he would’ve gotten a shot with guice around. He’s got a good head on his shoulders as well.

ive said since we got them that mckissic and barber were underrated pickups. gibson is an absolute wild card. And AP is good at what he does.

The team can move from guice without a hitch. Hope Haskins has worked on his screen game, this rb crew has some potential there.

Bye Felicia.

Guise hardly even played.

There was a very obvious reason why Quinton Dunbar was worth only a 5th rounder. It wasn't his ability on the field...

1 hour ago, Csup said:

That's a ****ty pact he made with the Devil. "Hey, Devil, allow me to buy an NFL Team and run it into the ground, be universally hated and despised and the subject of mockery and scorn in the entire sportsworld. Oh, and NO SUPER BOWLS! And ABSOLUTELY no seasons with more than 10 wins."

Devil: "Sure. Give me your soul for that?"

Snyder: "It's a DEAL!"

Devil: "Uh .... OK. Beelzebub? Have him sign the papers."

(Walks away laughing.)

Edited by Dissident2

Seems to me, that everyone has taken a long, measured and careful approach when it came to the Guice situation. Neither the 'skins nor the police jumped the gun. Think about it.  If the incidents happened between February and April and the arrest is happening now, it likely means that all the i's were dotted and t's were crossed. The only question I have is when the charges were made. If they were made after the third incident then the investigation has taken five months before the police decided there was enough there to go forward and the 'skins decided to terminate the contract. If it happened a few days ago, then that's a little different, but it does generate the question, "What provoked the alleged victim to come forward now?" which brings up the specter of more recent incidents.

In any case, if people have been investigating this for five or six months, then neither the firing nor the arrest is sudden. It was a serious response to series of serious events. I do think that one side note is that the Redskins as an organization probably would find it very difficult organizationally to give this kind of thing the benefit of the doubt. Their argument about the sexual harassment and abuse is that they fired or had the guilty resign and that they are working diligently to change the culture. To give the appearance of turning a blind eye to multiple allegedly  felon level domestic abuse charges would really hurt their case. Those looking to fine, penalize, take away draft picks, or force a change of ownership could just look at this and say, "See! Nothing has changed!" 

So, the 'skins acted "quickly" because it was the right thing to do and because they probably had to from both a PR and league point of view. I mean would it surprise anyone if Goodell and the owners went to Snyder after the Post article and said, "We got you this time, but no more ****. You can't keep dirtying up the shield. It ends here. You need to be the squeakiest clean organization."

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

That's a ****ty pact he made with the Devil. "Hey, Devil, allow me to buy an NFL Team and run it into the ground, be universally hated and despised and the subject of mockery and scorn in the entire sportsworld. Oh, and NO SUPER BOWLS! And ABSOLUTELY no seasons with more than 10 wins."

Devil: "Sure. Give me your soul for that?"

Snyder: "It's a DEAL!"

Devil: "Uh .... OK. Beelzebub? Have him sign the papers."

(Walks away laughing.)

I take it you weren’t a big fan of The Twilight Zone....

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Csup said:

I take it you weren’t a big fan of The Twilight Zone....

I was, but I get it now. I should've noticed you said "30" years ago (pre team-buying), not 20, so that makes more sense.

Typically, though, those deals with Old Scratch don't affect so many more millions beyond the original signer. So far at least, it's still the fan base that's taken the cloven hoof to the taint the hardest. 

9 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

It feels a bit quick for me. Don't you want to wait and see how this evolves in court? 

But reading around here it seems like they knew. So for us it's new, for them not. So they probally did there research. 

No. 

He contributed very little, so it was easy to move on.

Now, had he been a 1500 yard RB the last 2 seasons; then things probably would be different. We would deactivate him and let the process play out.

He wasn’t and was brittle. We have don’t have the time to waste anymore on him and we got plenty of rbs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TK locked this topic