Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

There's no doubt that many people that suffer from bipolar disorder don't resort to violence. I do think that it is possible that a violent person with an unchecked disorder like that is at more of a risk of committing the crime. Strangulation is a "crime of passion", that's a very emotional crime, bipolar is an emotional disorder. Im just saying if he was untreated that's kind of ****ty. 

I'm saying we leave it out the conversation at minimum until his diagnoises is confirmed to limit confusion.

Not that I really care what's fair to him right now, but its certainly not to anyone actually diagnoised.

Crime of passion...nah...there's a difference between a drive-by shooting and looking someone in the eye when you stab them in the rib cage.  A mentality difference.

Again, this is going to court, and the truth will be out to be parsed.  

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep I mentioned that.   And to add insult to injury.

If he was in Washington he won't be ranked. The bias against Washington is pretty obvious. 

Dude is not anywhere as good as Matt Ioannidis or even Kerrigan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I'm not mad about this. I'm just...disappointed.

The talent Guice has us undeniable. He has the ability to be an electric runner. His injury history, and now his unacceptable off the field behavior, assures him of "bust" status. I thought we really had a steal. Now, he's just another in a long line of BA failures. 

Releasing him is the right move. Nice job, Ronald and Co. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Get off your high horse. I don't remember seeing a single fan that wasn't elated when we traded down and still grabbed him. We were ALL thrilled with this. 

Hopefully I’m not wrong in remembering this, but I was kinda indifferent when we drafted him and even more so once I saw him play. But I still would have wished he worked out.

42 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Yup, he’s good and super expensive. He also represented the dc sniper. 

Weirdly enough, my fed judge was the same judge that Paul manafort had.

Damn. Thata one hell of a life right there :ols:

• Haha 1

Just read the Espn article by Keim.  Nothing like a bad Friday night surprise to start the weekend off.

In hindsight, The Prince of Darkness made another bad draft decision.  Finding and drafting good character guys needs to be a priority for this new front office now. The old way of doing things has been a disaster for this franchise.

The first concern is for the victim(s), but I'm sad for Derrius too.  It sounds like he did some terrible things, but I liked him and was rooting for him.  If he did these crimes, then they are terrible and he needs to pay for them and doesn't need to be playing football.  Damn.  He is a talented and charismatic young player who could have been the face of a team if things had turned out better.

Feels cynical to discuss this but I know we're all thinking about roster implications--this is one of the only positions where we could afford to lose a projected starter.  Guice is a missed opportunity, but losing him isn't going to make a big dent.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, volsmet said:

There is enough out now to post here that Guice is believed, by several close to him, to suffer from bipolar. I spoke with a few sexy ESers about it privately, but it seems more than fair to mention here now.

I'm not saying that you are necessarily insinuating this, but I hope people don't associate DV with bipolar disorder.  A lot more people have it than one would think, and I don't want these two things to get conflated.  He allegedly committed several acts of DV.  That doesn't mean it has anything to do with bipolar disorder anymore than what he ate for lunch.

Just trying to end the stigma here.

Source:  Am therapist.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I'm not saying that you are necessarily insinuating this, but I hope people don't associate DV with bipolar disorder.  A lot more people have it than one would think, and I don't want these two things to get conflated.  He allegedly committed several acts of DV.  That doesn't mean it has anything to do with bipolar disorder anymore than what he ate for lunch.

Just trying to end the stigma here.

Source:  Am therapist.

I don't think he or anyone is really assuming this. Normal people do not commit crimes like this though, is it not likely that there's underlying issues going on here? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I don't think he or anyone is really assuming this. Normal people do not commit crimes like this though, is it not likely that there's underlying issues going on here? 

People hear a diagnosis, like being a psychopath, and assume that means a person will act in a certain way.

There's a million reasons he could've done what he's alleged to have done; I can't and won't speculate.

I'm just glad he's gone and hope justice is served.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

People hear a diagnosis, like being a psychopath, and assume that means a person will act in a certain way.

There's a million reasons he could've done what he's alleged to have done; I can't and won't speculate.

Psychopath is Anti-social and does not have sympathy or empathy.  Bi-polar has no correlation to violence that I am aware of.   However, unmedicated and during a manic episode I am sure buttons or more easily pushed.  I had a client like this who is doing very well right now.  I hope if he is bi-polar that he takes the right steps and leads a productive life.  If not bi-polar I hope he takes the right steps and leads a productive life.

• Like 1

About a month ago when we were talking about final rosters I predicted Guice might be a surprise cut, but I thought it was because he was one injury away from the team just giving up on his ability to stay healthy.  I hope he gets his life right. If guilty, he hope he pays the criminal price as well and gets the help he needs. Humanity first. From a football point of view it's a shame. He flashed such talent, but he was on the field as often as a solar eclipse. Can't miss what you never had, can you?

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Yeah that's true, every case really must be entirely different. The team had to release him after the WaPo article. 

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

After the Guice release, does it seem odd that the much-less talented Latimer is still on the team, despite also nearly killing someone (with his gunshots)

Or Reuben Foster

• Like 1

I'm just really sad about the whole thing.  For the victim/s.  Terrible that anyone had to endure this, strangulation is terrible.  And 3 times in 3 months, it's a disturbing pattern.

Sad about Guice.  Of course we can **** on the guy now but we all were thrilled when he was drafted.  Those days after the draft where he and Payne were out at Redskins park and Guice was cutting up and having fun, joking around.  How he treated fans, he was super accessible and seemed nice.  I got to be around him, he seemed like a good, engaging dude.  Maybe a bit of a headcase but which of these guys doesn't have a bit of an ego?

Obviously he was hurt a lot but he worked hard to get back on the field.  And this year, for a few flashes, for a few brief moments you could see him and Haskins on the field together with TMC and you could get a sense that these three could grow together and be central pieces for the team moving forward.

Yeah, I get it, Bryce Love, AP, we've got a lot of running backs and that makes him expendable.  But you couldn't watch him last year and help get excited.  

I hope he gets his life together.  It's just really sad on a number of levels, IMO.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Reuben Foster, the guy that had the charges dropped? The one who has stayed out of trouble his whole time here? That Reuben Foster? 

Is there another Reuben Foster floating around on the team im unaware of? Let's not forget this guy was released by the 49ers and had Bruce Allen vouch for him. Let's just get rid of every player with domestic violence history. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
1 hour ago, Gibbit said:

everybody does have the ability to commit domestic abuse? But put in that emotional situation there are folks that can rationalize and there are folks that emotion consumes them

Ability was perhaps not the right term. Everybody does not have the “capacity” or propensity to commit acts of domestic violence. 

• Like 1
  • TK locked this topic