Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

Derrius Guice is rated 29th overall in the league in Madden ratings, for those interested.  When I played Madden I always followed how people were rated.  Now, not as closely, but still interested.

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Is it a crazy idea to think that maybe Guice could play some TE ?

I mean, he seemingly can do everything a TE needs to do, just about.

He can dish out punishment when he runs - so maybe he can block, he can run good routes, he can catch, he can run well after the catch.

If AP is still looking sharp as a starter at RB, and we've yet to find a legit TE, could he make the switch ? I want to emphasize - temporarily ; A permanent switch would be a waste of his RB talent. But then, we could have a crowded backfield too, which could factor into the switch.

Probably the most obvious criticism is his weight. And if it's just temporary, it's probably not worth it to add the weight, only to later subtract it.

I'm curious, how much lighter in weight than an H-Back, he really is.

Yes, it's a stretch to think that. But with the lack of real football news, combined with our lack of talent at TE, I couldn't help but to start "stretching" things.

He’s much much too small. Guide messed 5’10” and 224 pounds at the combine. He doesn’t have the length you’d like as a receiver or a blocker. And he lacks the weight to be an effective in line blocker. 

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

Derrius Guice is rated 29th overall in the league in Madden ratings, for those interested.  When I played Madden I always followed how people were rated.  Now, not as closely, but still interested.

Is he the 29th rated player, or the 29th rated RB?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Dudes played what? 40 snaps in 2 years? 

Team was horrible last year, good year to rest the body. No more risk to injury than Harmon playing back yard football with friends.

Who knows, but an argument can be made that his percentages should be higher to remain healthy than others at his position due to the rest he’s had. Let’s hope that’s the case. 

51 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Team was horrible last year, good year to rest the body. No more risk to injury than Harmon playing back yard football with friends.

Who knows, but an argument can be made that his percentages should be higher to remain healthy than others at his position due to the rest he’s had. Let’s hope that’s the case. 

Dude doesn't play football. Hope that changes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 7/19/2020 at 4:57 AM, Vanguard said:

Yea, sorry, 29th rated RB.  His overall score was 81.

Not that Madden matters, but he wouldn't even be in the top 50 RBs in the league imo. This is his last year to prove anything.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Uh oh.....guice might be in some troubleeee. 

And another draft pick wasted on a talented, oft injured and apparent troubled player.  Sad. I hope he get's his life together.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The guy is a loser. Get him off the team. 

but do we even have two intact ACLs among them? 

Gibson is healthy... I think. 

But Guice wouldn’t have helped that observation.

Edited by KDawg

Obligatory "Innocent until proven guilty", before we pile on too much.

Look, I know I said he was done after he got injured his first preseason game, and never left off that.  But even I didn't want to see it end like this.

Best Not Like This Matrix GIFs | Gfycat

• TK locked this topic