Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

Regardless of severity, it’s very concerning that either through bad luck or something Guice keeps getting injured. 

Its sadly like Reed and CT.  Remarkably effective when available, not available near enough.  

You can t count on Guice to be healthy anymore.  Sadly.  Bryce Love is coming off of his own ACL. 

I think they need to consider another back as well for next year regardless of anything else.  

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Regardless of severity, it’s very concerning that either through bad luck or something Guice keeps getting injured. 

Its sadly like Reed and CT.  Remarkably effective when available, not available near enough.  

I was thinking something along the same lines. It's a shame. When he's on he's so good, but his body looks like it can't take football. It may be premature, but 3 knee injuries in about 6 games played is really bad.

Right. We already have CT as an unreliable #3 RB, we can't afford to have the #2 guy, who is eventually expected to be the workhorse eventually, getting injured every other time he is hit as well.  It sucks, because when healthy he has all the goods, but from a business side of things how many millions can you really invest in a part time player?

Unless he is 100% by the middle of the week, zero reason to even play him.  

The danger is he becomes the next Reed.  Great player but absolutely cannot stay on the field.  I think you can blame alot of the lack of offensive this year on that position.  Reed was not able to play and then his back up gets injured and they have nothing beyond that.  Meanwhile all of the good teams in the NFL have excellent pass catching tight ends.  We have nothing.  The opposing defense doesn't even have to worry about the tight end.  

Where is the “don’t you dare say he’s injury prone because he said he’s not” crowd?

He’s a very good RB and seems to be a decent human being but going to need to keep AP around another year, fingers crossed on both Guice/Love and draft another RB

3 hours ago, method man said:

Nope. Just keep AP to be your workhorse next year and have Guice, Love and another guy behind him

Yes. Keep an increasingly aging running back to be your workhorse, backed up by another RB, coming off a devastating knee injury that required multiple surgeries... And they'll both back up someone who at the moment has shown himself to be fine china.

Seems like a sound strategy.

I mean 2/3 of our RB corp can't play 60% or the season and the corps that can play is 34. I mean with Guice I feel is running style isn't gonna last in the NFL. I feel his legs are always vulnerable when he runs, like he flails them and he doesn't get down low to protect himself when he gets hit... I feel like he runs like the animation in madden '95.  Like his upper body is there, but his legs aren't caught up yet to him. In terms of symmetry..

22 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

I mean 2/3 of our RB corp can't play 60% or the season and the corps that can play is 34. I mean with Guice I feel is running style isn't gonna last in the NFL. I feel his legs are always vulnerable when he runs, like he flails them and he doesn't get down low to protect himself when he gets hit... I feel like he runs like the animation in madden '95.  Like his upper body is there, but his legs aren't caught up yet to him. In terms of symmetry..

<Madden 95>

Anyone else remember being blown away by the quality of the graphics? Lol.  Man, I'm getting old.

4 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

I'm beginning to think this is the begging of the end for Guice :( 

I dunno. As I said before though, hecertainly  can't be counted on to be "The guy". We have to stop falling in love with hypothetical gems and start drafting dudes that can stay on the field.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I dunno. As I said before though, hecertainly  can't be counted on to be "The guy". We have to stop falling in love with hypothetical gems and start drafting dudes that can stay on the field.

What do you think we will do to fix it.  RB is clearly a need, maybe our greatest one.   Should we use our high 1st on it.  Or do we take a shot gun approach in the later rounds and draft several and hope to hit on Alfred Morris again?

Guice on twitter, seems to be hinting at not the rosiest things.  If they did the MRI hours ago I don't see how they don't have the results.  I've had an MRI, my kid, too.  And in my kids case it was a serious injury, we had the results in minutes after it was done.  Maybe there is something different here?  Otherwise i am wondering if they are just waiting until later in the day to spill so its less newsy.  If you release it at 6 pm or so, you miss the heart of the news cycle for the day.  I hope am wrong and its good news.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Guice on twitter, seems to be hinting at not the rosiest things.  If they did the MRI hours ago I don't see how they don't have the results.  I've had an MRI, my kid, too.  And in my kids case it was a serious injury, we had the results in minutes after it was done.  Maybe there is something different here?  Otherwise i am wondering if they are just waiting until later in the day to spill so its less newsy.  If you release it at 6 pm or so, you miss the heart of the news cycle for the day.  I hope am wrong and its good news.

Hated to see him get hurt. He's a beast, I hope he has a fast and full recovery.

Archived