PCS

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

16 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Exactly so how can anyone comment that he's still good? Can't say he's good if he's not getting carries. No one really knows. Miami is God awful as well. So no one should use that. To say AP still has it. 

I believe AP absolutely still has it!  He continues to fight for extra yardage even after getting hit behind the line of scrimmage due to the poor blocking by the offensive line.  I see AP displaying an outstanding jump cut with acceleration.  Plus he fights for every inch.  

I am going to stop here because this thread has derailed.  

1 hour ago, Redskins Reparations said:

You have to start somewhere VoR.  Who better than future Hall of Famer Adrian Peterson?  I think he may be the Voice of Reason for a majority of people at Redskins Park.  I could only dream that Daniel Snyder is one of them.

But the future HoFer is 35 years old and can’t be part of future success.  

I’m fine with having AP as a contributor if the team is playing for something this year.

If it isn’t, then you have to evaluate everybody for next year and 2020.

Which is why, if it was me, I’d cut AP, start Haskins and throw the ball 35 times a game.  And when/if Guice came back, I’d play him to see if there’s any shot of him staying healthy and see what he, McLaurin and Haskins look like together.  

If you’re not prepping for the future, you’re just wasting your time at this point.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

...start Haskins and throw the ball 35 times a game.  And when/if Guice came back, I’d play him to see if there’s any shot of him staying healthy and see what he, McLaurin and Haskins look like together....

I understand age being an issue but I honestly think it would help Haskins if AP were in the huddle and as well as provide the ability to pick up blitzes.  I am not saying sign AP to a 5 year deal...but I would be happy to have him back next year to help groom the Guice/Love connection.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I understand age being an issue but I honestly think it would help Haskins if AP were in the huddle and as well as provide the ability to pick up blitzes.  I am not saying sign AP to a 5 year deal...but I would be happy to have him back next year to help groom the Guice/Love connection.

This year, ok.  Next year?  It would depend on who the coach (or OC) is and what style the coach would like to run.  

The issue with Guice is that in 2 years, he's played 1 half of football so far.  I wouldn't go into next year trusting that he will stay healthy.  You can't.  So you might need to get another back in the draft anyway. Love is also coming off of an ACL.  

Again, you have to think about 2021.  If the player isn't going to be contributing to a playoff run in 2021, then they shouldn't be here now and you should be evaluating younger players who have the possibility of being on that team.  

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If the player isn't going to be contributing to a playoff run in 2021, then they shouldn't be here now and you should be evaluating younger players who have the possibility of being on that team.  

We will be lucky to win more than 8 games next year and that’s me being very optimistic.  We are no way shape or form even remotely close to resembling a playoff caliber team...or organization for that matter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RUSH HIM!!!

Like, yes, let him rush the ball.

But I don't think old school Callahan is going to be inclined to start him a single time this year, if AP is healthy.  Guice can hang out with Haskins on the sidelines hack the skins unpatched NE rootkit'd Surfaces admin password "password" and install fortnite.

No matter, I am going to snag Guice on my sole season long fantasy team, to be safe.

Edited by RandyHolt

Whole family went Bowling last night with Derrius in Sterling.  Was a blast, my daughter only made it 1/2 way through the second game.

Bowling1.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Howie411 said:

Whole family went Bowling last night with Derrius in Sterling.  Was a blast, my daughter only made it 1/2 way through the second game.

Bowling1.jpg

We probably lost him for another 2 years while he was bowling and broke a nail putting his finger in the ball. 

• Haha 1

Any updates from practice? The kid can play if he is trully over these injuries... Glad he has AD to learn from. AD forever changed the way the sports world and ACL surgeries are viewed. #2kAllDay

On 10/29/2019 at 11:35 AM, RandyHolt said:

RUSH HIM!!!

Like, yes, let him rush the ball.

But I don't think old school Callahan is going to be inclined to start him a single time this year, if AP is healthy.  Guice can hang out with Haskins on the sidelines hack the skins unpatched NE rootkit'd Surfaces admin password "password" and install fortnite.

No matter, I am going to snag Guice on my sole season long fantasy team, to be safe.

I snuck him in on my team just in case...

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 3:09 AM, CowboyKillerz said:

AD forever changed the way the sports world and ACL surgeries are viewed. #2kAllDay

You're a Redskin fan making that statement while forgetting to mention Terry Allen who had ACL surgery on BOTH knees in an era where ONE means career ending and he STILL came to us and broke some of Riggins records???? Motion to perma-band!!!

Edited by Playaction2Sanders
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/2/2019 at 7:00 AM, Howie411 said:

Bowling1.jpg

I just hope he can have a good career here in the league. He just comes off as too positive a person and I don't want to be apart of the campaign to annex him because he hasn't been on the field..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

You're a Redskin fan making that statement while forgetting to mention Terry Allen who had ACL surgery on BOTH knees in an era where ONE means career ending and he STILL came to us and broke some of Riggins records???? Motion to perma-band!!!

Lol perma ban??? Damn... Thats hard up!

I actually still have a Terry Allen jersey... Reebok reversable for both home and away! But I get your point... Mine was moreso AD having his knee repaired then nesrly breaking the all time rushing record the very next season.

Your point is valid minus the ban LMMFAO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hes on the fast track for local media darling, not franchise running back.  Is what it is.  

• Like 2

Just read an article saying redskins are getting one of their best players back in week 11. Guice. What makes them think he is one of the best players? He has shown NOTHING yet. Play this kid the rest of the year to see if he's worth anything. 

20 minutes ago, Monkman56 said:

Just read an article saying redskins are getting one of their best players back in week 11. Guice. What makes them think he is one of the best players? He has shown NOTHING yet. Play this kid the rest of the year to see if he's worth anything. 

It really is mystifying (not really, but you know what I mean).

At this point, I'll just hope that he makes it to the offseason unscathed

• Like 1

If he actually plays (huge question mark there of course), Guice is a big upgrade over Smallwood in terms of spelling AP IMO.  

15 hours ago, CowboyKillerz said:

Is Guice able/ expected to suit up on Sunday? Idk why I have week 11 as the time table for return (mandatory or otherwise)

Well I think week 11 was the earliest he could have come back due to being on IR and our bye in week 10. As far as I know he is ready to play on Sunday.