Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

Just now, theTruthTeller said:

Multiple people on this thread have noted that Guice seemed to be running differently yesterday.  I didn't see the second half, so I don't have an opinion, although on the replay of Guice's touches, he seemed to be dancing a bit.  Was he ever taken to the tent?

Yes he was but I believe then came back after

7 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Last year, it was reported that a knee injury in college contributed to his ACL tear.

Yeah that was from a reporter not a doctor. A knee injury he didn't mis time for. He wasn't injury prone coming out of college. It seems as you become injury prone when you're in a Skins uniform.

Just now, DJHJR86 said:

Well that and the fact that he couldn't even make it to week 2 this year.  

Might have been smart to ease him in after no football for 13 months...gee, maybe AP should have been active.  Like I said: enough is enough.  We need coaches with brains.  

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

He had 10 carries.

True but if a.p had been active he could have had zero after he injured his knee.

Instead Gruden had to either rely on a third down back to be our first down back or put guice out there on a tender knee.

Either option sucks compared to being able to have Peterson take over.

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Yeah that was from a reporter not s doctor. A knee injury he didn't mis time for. He wasn't injury prone coming out of college. 

Most teams passed on him because of the potential knee problem...now we are holding the bag

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Yeah that was from a reporter not s doctor. A knee injury he didn't mis time for. He wasn't injury prone coming out of college. 

"Injury prone" might not be the right way to describe him. But he did hurt his knee in college:

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_1627b6aa-ad4d-11e7-b504-dff38ee30e17.html

My gawd......this is why you don't force someone coming off ACL surgery into the feature back role in their first game back..........ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE AP ON YOUR ROSTER.

Come on Gruden.....do you even want to be a head coach anymore?   

This franchise just continues to amaze at all the wrong things. 

On 9/8/2019 at 11:45 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

I for one will be fake praying for these guys.... So a piece of lint doesnt blow through the air and hit Chris Thompson, shredding his aeorta making Wendy Smallood come in, and so after Jay Gruden sends Guice smacking into the back of an O linemans fat ass on 1st down for the fifteenth time he doesnt just collapse in a heap.

I'm sorry, fellas. 

Just now, CjSuAvE22 said:

Most teams passed on him because if the potential knee problem...now we are holding the bag

Please get the facts straight before some of you make up BS. This is why he fell in the draft.

"He was described to me as high-maintenance, as immature, someone who did not handle his emotions well," NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported shortly before Guice was drafted. "I'm told there were also a couple off-the-field incidences at LSU that were unreported."

NFL Network's Mike Mayock added: "[Guice] is a first-round talent. He had several issues meeting with teams, missed some flights, [they] didn't like his attitude. ... [He] fired his agent ... and it was a tumultuous offseason for this young man. ... There is another investigation out there that could be potentially embarrassing for the kid and the team that drafts him. ... That's why he's sliding right now."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/derrius-guice-on-draft-day-fall-things-came-out-of-nowhere-and-werent-true/

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I said that last year and no one wanted to hear it.  I wanted to be wrong, I have a Guice jersey, hes done.

You....have a guice Jersey.....? Well that doesn’t seem smart does it 😂😂😂 usually one waits until the player actually does something in the nfl before spending money on a jersey :P 

i say this jokingly, as i did the same exact thing in 2012. Not a shot at you, i promise!!

9 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Some of you guys are pathetic. People come back from ACL injuries all the time. Lets wait to see what his injury actually is. It might not be that bad.

Pathetic? It's a pattern, hes had multiple knee injuries spread out over his college and now pro career.  We've seen this before, we've all seen this before, its denial until he proves otherwise at this point, not the other way around.

1 minute ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Most teams passed on him because if the potential knee problem...now we are holding the bag

Actually most teams passed on him because he liked dolls when he was a kid.

I'm totally making that up but I wanted to join in the speculation barrage. 

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Pathetic? It's a pattern, hes had multiple injuries spread out over his college and now pro career.  We've seen this before, we've all seen this before, its denial until he proves otherwise at this point, not the other way around.

LOL what guy doesn't have injuries playing football. Again he didn't miss anytime in college because of injury. So he wasn't hurt that bad. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You....have a guice Jersey.....? Well that doesn’t seem smart does it 😂😂😂 usually one waits until the player actually does something in the nfl before spending money on a jersey :P 

Friend had some weird back and forth during his rookie year at fan appreciation day so I took it. It's probably curesd : /

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

My gawd......this is why you don't force someone coming off ACL surgery into the feature back role in their first game back..........ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE AP ON YOUR ROSTER.

Come on Gruden.....do you even want to be a head coach anymore?   

This franchise just continues to amaze at all the wrong things. 

I feel like this sequence of events including the blown 17 point lead would finish most coaches but it won’t here with Gruden. 

And I really am rooting for Gruden but this is too much. Very bad decision that the fans and even the players didn’t like. Lost the fans, possibly the team, and injured what we thought was our rising star RB all with one ****ty decision. Not good man. 

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Pathetic? It's a pattern, hes had multiple injuries spread out over his college and now pro career.  We've seen this before, we've all seen this before, its denial until he proves otherwise at this point, not the other way around.

Malcomb Kelly 

Archived