Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

Welcome to the team DG, we're all looking forward to you showing us what you got!

Personally I kinda like a kid that's nuanced, someone that wears their heart on their sleeve at times, it just seems more real, more honest to me. He's faced some tough **** already, has some scars on his soul, that can make you see things a bit differently. Not sure how some expect him do lose his dad, grow up poor in the Bottom and not have some swagger and some mouth.

To me the big question is can he hold onto it, channel that anger and that passion into making a name for himself and representin' in the pros. So often that stands or falls on the people around you, what support and acceptance you get from your peers, and I expect he will find that here.

6 hours ago, my_friend_goo said:

Having put low investment in the position since Portis, I'm excited to see how he pans out. The team has a tendency to steer clear of the troublemakers, so that should allay some fears about his character / history, but we'll see. 

Most importantly, can somebody help a guy out here? Is it pronounced "goose", "geese", "gyoose", "goo-ice"..?

Its pronounced "BALL - er". 

18 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

To me the big question is can he hold onto it, channel that anger and that passion into making a name for himself and representin' in the pros.

To me the question is can he not cause drama and be a reliable pro?  I'm not bothered by a big personality if he is a worker and does his job.  But judging by the way this fanbase reacted to RGIII, that's not true for most.  Big personalities are not tolerated in football players unless they are Hall of Famers.  And then not always.

He seems like a nice kid and his extracurriculars are tame, but he's a bit of a liar and he has some hustler in him.  Survival mechanisms you develop when you have to spend a lot of your childhood finding food.  Growing up, I had a friend who came from an awful home life who was similarly charismatic and manipulative, Guice reminds me of him.  I wouldn't totally trust him, but I don't have to.  I just want him to work hard and be professional.  I like him and I want him to be successful.  I'd think the same if he were playing anywhere, even Philly or New York.

Im going to to take alot of heat for this but someone needs to say it.

First & foremost lets get this out of the way, Guice is without question the most talented runningback we have had around here since Clinton Portis and if given a choice (Talent wise) between Guice or CP it would be Guice all day for me.

Now lets talk about the ugly. Don't kid yourself for a second and think 31 other teams in the league didn't pass on this kid for a reason, The Redskins dont exactly have a history for doing intelligent things. There is a reason guys like Colin Capernick and Johnny Manziel are unemployed, Its not their talent its because they are cancer. Right now we don't have any facts, just a bunch of rumors, From Guice getting into a altercation with the Eagles during a interview to being immature and lazy in interviews, Yeah not good. Even Gruden described him as , and I quote " A character with alot of energy". My question to Gruden would be Like Terrell Owens in his prime "character with  energy"? Clinton Portis was a real character but NOT in a bad way,,, so who knows what he meant by that..

If this kid has maturity issues on or off the field I'll tell you right now this was a wasted pick. We are not the patriots, we don't straighten out problem players or "characters" . As a matter of fact this is a place where head cases and ego's manifest into wasted picks, The most recent being Su Cravens & RG3.... One has to wonder did our coaches and GM make this call or was this another Dan Snyder must have new toy pick.

Listen Im rooting for this kid, Nothing would make me happier than to see Slow Rob & Samaje "running in Place" Perine get out of the starting lineup. I think Guice is a rare talent and to be honest, I like him even more than Barkley. Who knows about the rumors and even if true look at Lagarrette Blount, he went undrafted because of "problems" and has had a pretty successful career. 

I think the reward of drafting the second best running back in the in the mid second round is worth the risk but you can't deny the cards are stacked against us, After all this is the Dan Snyder Washington Redskins.

HTTR

Guise just needs to be glad the Browns didn't pick him..lol

So I was on the road all day yesterday and didn't get home until after mid-night...now just looking at all the picks. The 3 RB before Guise had a lower grade (I usually don't pay attention to grade sometimes and look at actual footage instead). No wonder he is pissed. I would be too. 

Good thing the Bucs and them Lions didn't wanted him either. Oh well. :) 

43 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

If Doctson can take that year 3 step and Reed and Thompson can stay healthy, suddenly the offense is looking pretty good with the addition of Guice.

Here I go again, getting myself sucked into the Skins...

I know. I'm loving this draft and it's really upsetting. 

I am so amped for this pick. I wanted a power big name running back that everyone will want to watch. I wanted Dalvin cook last year but Guice looks even better than him. He’s going to play angry. We haven’t picked a RB this high in so long so it’s definitly exciting. Guice is going to be sick.

Schefter says the Lions traded up and took Kerryon Johnson right in front of us at 33. Good, I think we got a steal and they saved us from ourselves. I'd rather take the risk on whatever the rest of the league (and us apparently) were afraid of with Guice AND have that 3rd round OL than just have Kerryon Johnson at 44. 

Terell Owens had serious issues.  But he loved to play the game of football.  

Guice looks like he REALLY loves to play football.  I mean really REALLY loves to play.  It's like nothing else matters in the world to him.  

So if there are some character issues, which I would imagine there are, he is first and foremost a player and lover of the game.  

A+ pick, and welcome to the 'Skins Guice.  

2 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

There is a reason guys like Colin Capernick and Johnny Manziel are unemployed, Its not their talent its because they are cancer.

Colin Kaepernick is not a cancer and no players or coaches in his college or NFL career have indicated that BUT that is topic for another thread.

Guice has not had any issues either. If they were any legit stories don't ya they would be out right now.? Most of the time these stories come out before the player is drafted. Like with Cam Newton and Jameis Winston.

8 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

Guice has not had any issues either. If they were any legit stories don't ya they would be out right now.? Most of the time these stories come out before the player is drafted. Like with Cam Newton and Jameis Winston.

I'd like to agree, but isn't the stories being hidden basically what happened with Sua Cravens? I don't recall hearing any rumors about him when we drafted him.

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'd like to agree, but isn't the stories being hidden basically what happened with Sua Cravens? I don't recall hearing any rumors about him when we drafted him.

I feel like we never got the complete story about Su'a in college.  Also, for me personally I would not consider walking away from football as a character issue.  He may have mental issues though. 

https://twitter.com/HogsHaven/status/990236098264780801

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">From <a href="https://twitter.com/TomPelissero?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TomPelissero</a> on Guice: &quot;He doesn&#39;t drink. He doesn&#39;t smoke. No criminal record. Just concern from teams he&#39;s &#39;high maintenance&#39;. Redskins had high first-round grade on him. Felt like they got a huge steal.&quot;</p>&mdash; Hogs Haven (@HogsHaven) <a href="https://twitter.com/HogsHaven/status/990236098264780801?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 28, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He really does remind of Portis the way he runs. If we get LG right, we could have a dominant run game 

3 hours ago, seantaylor=god said:

Really cool interview where you can see some of his personality. He seems like an awesome dude. Reminds me of CP. Going to be a beast for us!

He reminds me of Portis too.  Or maybe Odell Beckam Jr.  He's a natural star and it would be very very good for our franchise if he panned out because he's got face of the franchise type of charisma.

His enthusiasm is winning me over.  He's a very energetic kid.  Really hoping he works out.

Archived