Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

7 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

The chance of a player being the same is one in a million.

The only guy I can remember coming back just as good was AP and he broke the 2000 yd mark.

Dont bank on it for Cook or Guice

edgerrin james had a nice career after acl tear

you're writing him off and not all players are the same.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I wonder if BA now has his built-in excuse to Snyder for when we miss the playoffs.  Hope not.  I’ll be sad to see Jay go, but this should be BA’s last year. 

After wiping the tears from my eyes, the next thought I had was this only provides an excuse for Bruce and everyone else that thinks he's on the right track, for when things inevitably don't go well.

3 minutes ago, Soup22 said:

edgerrin james had a nice career after acl tear

you're writing him off and not all players are the same.

Sure, but do you not know who  this team is?

We’re the Redskins. It’s not gonna work out for us. Ever.

1 minute ago, abdcskins said:

Yep, that's what I expected, called it yesterday. This team is doomed.

Who is next? It will be someone major.

My money is on Zach Brown, Josh Norman, or Brandon Scherff.

Anyone who is good, for that matter.

Any chance we can trade for a capable back at this point?  I have ZERO faith in what we currently have.  FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

The chance of a player being the same is one in a million.

The only guy I can remember coming back just as good was AP and he broke the 2000 yd mark.

Dont bank on it for Cook or Guice

Frank Gore tore his ACL twice in college.  He recovered nicely.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Tbh, this hurts me more than if we had lost Smith for the season. 

On the bright side, if Smith miraculously makes the playoffs this year, people can’t point to Kirk not having a running game anymore. 

Well he has to play half the year without 4/5 of the starting line up and 3rd stringers in some cases.  So we are not quit apples to apples yet.  

Can't even really put into words how heartbreaking but also par for the course this is. We never get lucky enough or smart enough to draft these kinds of franchise-level talents. Almost never. And this happens week one of preseason. It's hard to care about this season

1 minute ago, HOF44 said:

Well he has to play half the year without 4/5 of the starting line up and 3rd stringers in some cases.  So we are not quit apples to apples yet.  

Right, I'm not sure you'll ever get apples to apples.  This team is still loads better than what Kirk played with last season.  That is....as of right now....no telling how many more injuries will pile up considering we haven't even played game 2 of the preseason.

The “he will be back healthy next year” crowd needs to temper their expectations. With knee injury, in particular to explosive backs they either...

1. Are never the same

2. Re-injure the joint

3. Injure the other knee

You need to start mentally getting ready and envision another RB getting drafted. 

This is ****ing sad.  

From a selfish perspective, I was really looking forward to taking photos of him this year.

A few years ago someone told me about the rumor that Native Americans cursed the Redskins until they change the name or something.  I laughed it off.  Then RG3 blew out his knee and came back and proved to be a total bust.  This team can never win.  And now this.   And now I'm not laughing.  I'm not saying it's true because I think the whole sports/curse thing is dumb but...I can't lie, when I heard this news, I thought it was possible.  

Nothing ever works out for this team.  I'm not looking forward to this season as nearly as much as I was 24 hours ago.  

10 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

All this, while Saquon looks incredible in his debut. Was really looking forward to that battle between the two this year. 

Eagles vaunted running attack, E. Elliot, Barkley -- and our featured guy is likely Kelley?  I wasn't among the crowd (unlike most of the national media) that thought the Redskins are slam dunk the 4th best team in the NFC East.  I thought for example we could be better than the Giants.  Now, I am not sure I do.  Look at their weapons versus ours -- you take Guice out of the equation the gap is insane. 

Kelley averaged 1.5 yards a carry yesterday.  If I recall he's had 1-2 100 yard games in his career and none in college.  About 4.65 speed.  I love Jay but don't get his love for Kelley.  Bibbs yesterday averaged 12 yards per carry -- I think he's more explosive than Kelley.  But based on what beat guys say Bibbs has little shot to make the roster.  If so I don't get it.  

Archived