Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

14 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

10 yards or less from the goal line. Can't get a first down without scoring, but its not technically a goal line carry as only some of them are right at the goal line. 

Technically you could have a goal to go carry outside of the ten yard line from a penalty

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

I would imagine it's any time they get a carry on any down where there's no chance of a first down only a touchdown. 

Like first and goal or second and goal etc,  etc. 

You're pretty smart.  I wasn't sure.

I like Guice more and more. He might not be standard (old skool) pro athlete but he seems to be a nice guy. He is little nerdy happy quirky guy but he does good stuff. Like that fundraiser he did. Playing a computer game with fans to raise money. It's a little odd (but that's what youngsters do these days) but it works. 

Its nice when you like a players public persona, but I couldn't give a rats ass. As long as they don't beat women, get caught with drugs, don't torture animals to death or kill anyone I don't care. I like that he's nasty on the field and seemingly not someone who's going to get arrested or annoy teammates. He's definitely going to make us much better. 

18 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Its nice when you like a players public persona, but I couldn't give a rats ass. As long as they don't beat women, get caught with drugs, don't torture animals to death or kill anyone I don't care. I like that he's nasty on the field and seemingly not someone who's going to get arrested or annoy teammates. He's definitely going to make us much better. 

So they can torture animals just not to death??   Lol. Totally kidding. Your hard work in terms of animal shelters and animal protection is well known to anyone who had been here very long and much respected. 

I agree with your point also. Players do not all need to be charismatic. Just work hard, play well and don’t do anything stupid like the items you listed.   

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

So they can torture animals just not to death??   Lol. Totally kidding. Your hard work in terms of animal shelters and animal protection is well known to anyone who had been here very long and much respected. 

I agree with your point also. Players do not all need to be charismatic. Just work hard, play well and don’t do anything stupid like the items you listed.   

Smart ass :ols:

Sure, I'd love to have 52 guys that were my best friends on the team and teach me to be the long snapper so I could go to games and **** too, but come on. 

You'll see people call for guys like "so he beats women and stomps puppies, I like that nastiness on my team. Were not looking for choir boys". I think it's some of the dumbest, more disappointing things I read and makes me want to finally stop giving a **** about football. 

Guy that plays nasty on the field and goes to nickleback concerts is fantastic. I don't want to "have a beer" with him though. And that's fine. 

Im a bit weary of Guice and his social media crusading and interractions with fans.  Im not hating on it, but i do wonder how he is going to deal with adversity when it hits.  The whole thing could spiral south very, very quickly

Guice strikes me as a sensitive guy who can get his feelings hurt pretty easily.  Thats not always a bad thing, certainly not in his case,but if i were his dad i would tell him to stop trying so hard to prove himself to fans. Fans are the biggest assholes in existence and will turn on players in a split second.  Let the game come to him, good things will happen.

We kind of saw this a little with Cravens

11 minutes ago, zoony said:

Im a bit weary of Guice and his social media crusading and interractions with fans.  Im not hating on it, but i do wonder how he is going to deal with adversity when it hits.  The whole thing could spiral south very, very quickly

Guice strikes me as a sensitive guy who can get his feelings hurt pretty easily.  Thats not always a bad thing, certainly not in his case,but if i were his dad i would tell him to stop trying so hard to prove himself to fans. Fans are the biggest assholes in existence and will turn on players in a split second.  Let the game come to him, good things will happen.

Your point is well taken and I was a little worried about this as well. 

Unfortunately, his father was killed at a young age but I think (hope) he has other family authority figures that serve as rocks for him to lean on for when the seas get choppy - which they will.

17 hours ago, zoony said:

His dad is dead and he is from the ghetto so I doubt he is a sensitive as he strikes you to be.  The rest I can understand what you saying.

17 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

His dad is dead and he is from the ghetto so I doubt he is a sensitive as he strikes you to be.  The rest I can understand what you saying.

You can't be from the ghetto and be sensitive? Thats dumb. Have you watched anything about this guy? 

1 hour ago, beachboy757 said:

Guys, i know his dad is dead.  When i say `if i were his dad`, i mean someone he talks to and trusts.

Also, there are plenty of sensitive people from tough neighborhoods

I think this team has some vets that will take him under their wings. He seems to be very well liked from what I’m reading and I imagine at least  one of these vets will be doing some mentoring in regard to how he handles social media as well as other matters. Guys like V. Davis and C. Thomas could be great in that role.

18 minutes ago, Tarpon75 said:

I think this team has some vets that will take him under their wings. He seems to be very well liked from what I’m reading and I imagine at least  one of these vets will be doing some mentoring in regard to how he handles social media as well as other matters. Guys like V. Davis and C. Thomas could be great in that role.

Who are the other gamers on the team? 

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

You can't be from the ghetto and be sensitive? Thats dumb. Have you watched anything about this guy? 

How is it dumb??! Sure you can be from the ghetto and sensitive but most kids that grow up and deal with murder and poverty at a young age do not tend to be sensitive and crack under pressure easily. There are some cultural expectations that are related to this also but that is another discussion.

Yes, I have watched Guice mainly on social media and I think he is great personality wise.  I think he can be a player to really get the younger fans engaged again.  I also think he can be that one superstar player that we all have been wanting for a long time.  Hopefully everything works out with him personally and professionally.  If you are asking me if I watched him play Fortnite or some other **** and seen some emotional **** on there the answer to that is no. 

Just so it's said, being sensitive doesn't mean you're weak. To actually stay sensitive in the face of brutality is to have a stronger nerve than others who allow their feelings to dull.

Whether you crack under pressure has to do with resiliency and maintaining a fighting spirit under pressure, rather than sensitivity. Older generation guys have been getting that **** backwards for awhile now.

5 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Just so it's said, being sensitive doesn't mean you're weak. To actually stay sensitive in the face of brutality is to have a stronger nerve than others who allow their feelings to dull.

Whether you crack under pressure has to do with resiliency and maintaining a fighting spirit under pressure, rather than sensitivity. Older generation guys have been getting that **** backwards for awhile now.

I agree. being sensitive does not mean you are weak and resilient is the better word to describe how someone folds under pressure.  So to kind of back-track on my previous post:

Yes, you can be sensitive even though you came from a tough upbringing, but it is my opinion that a tough upbringing makes you more resilient and less likely to crack under scrutiny and pressure.  As far as Guice, we will find out what he is really about when the tough times come; and for this team they come early and often.

And yeah it does sound like we are all on some therapist type ****! Cant wait for training camp so we have some real ? talk.

Archived