Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

53 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The only rehab in question is that of Keith Marshall. What is it now, 3 years straight on NFL injured reserve ?

Ran the fastest 40 time at the 2016 NFL Combine, at 4.3. But can't seem to survive an NFL training camp.

This is the name (along with Robert Davis) that keeps coming to mind when i get excited about a player who was injured. Every year he was so hyped for having size and speed and vision and stuff, but in my opinion he (the old Marshall) is the same as this guy Byron Marshall. Meanwhile we've had guys like Bibbs who play every game and can't get any respect. But i think we cut K. Marshall because he couldn't stay healthy. 

16 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

This is the name (along with Robert Davis) that keeps coming to mind when i get excited about a player who was injured. Every year he was so hyped for having size and speed and vision and stuff, but in my opinion he (the old Marshall) is the same as this guy Byron Marshall. Meanwhile we've had guys like Bibbs who play every game and can't get any respect. But i think we cut K. Marshall because he couldn't stay healthy. 

Yes Marshall was cut I believe prior to training camp last year. I disagree with you on Bibbs. Is he a nice complimentary back sure but I much rather have CT than Bibbs. Didn’t he get hurt which allowed Marshall to play?

Regardless I can’t see Marshall or Perine making the team with Love on board. We’re not gonna carry 4 rbs and I don’t think either is PS eligible. In my opinion running back is the easiest position to pick up a player if you’re depth gets hurt.  

By the way speaking of Robert Davis, he is definitely our version of DK Metcalf. I’ve never been a believer that a guy who is as cut up as he is translates well to the field but who knows? Maybe this is his breakout year. 

389D47A9-5930-4ED9-8950-D29A3350E1A6.jpeg

I did hear on the radio last week a quick comment from Gauldy (sp?) that the rehab process was not going as quickly as what the team had hoped.  I don't know if that was based on any real information, and if so whether that simply means that the healing process for him as an individual is just going to take longer relative to others. (i.e. there's no issue with re-injury/other setbacks, and he'll still be back near 100%).

On 3/7/2019 at 7:03 PM, skinny21 said:

I’m hoping we draft a viable back this year.  One that can potentially play all 3 downs.  I actually wouldn’t mind taking Love late if we re-sign AP.  Whether we put him on IR or PUP, there’s a good chance we have to shut down CT later in the year.  

Ya i think the RB position is the strongest group on our Offense 

2 hours ago, HoggLife said:

Ya i think the RB position is the strongest group on our Offense 

Ha!  Forgot I posted that... thanks for the reminder :)

Group has awesome potential, but legitimate health concerns as well.  Gonna keep my fingers crossed. 

4 hours ago, kfrankie said:

I did hear on the radio last week a quick comment from Gauldy (sp?) that the rehab process was not going as quickly as what the team had hoped.  I don't know if that was based on any real information, and if so whether that simply means that the healing process for him as an individual is just going to take longer relative to others. (i.e. there's no issue with re-injury/other setbacks, and he'll still be back near 100%).

I see JP Finlay tweet out that he is on the field but not wearing a jersey.  I guess that means he is not at 100% / cleared, otherwise he wouldn't have bothered with the tweet.  We are at 8+ months.  He had a lot of complications so delays shouldn't come as a surprise, if indeed what you heard is correct.

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I see JP Finlay tweet out that he is on the field but not wearing a jersey.  I guess that means he is not at 100% / cleared, otherwise he wouldn't have bothered with the tweet.  We are at 8+ months.  He had a lot of complications so delays shouldn't come as a surprise, if indeed what you heard is correct.

I just got a Sleeper notification that Guice will be 100% and full-go at training camp.

2 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but didn't he get ripped towards the end of his career, when he was actually on the decline ?

Almost as if getting ripped was going to save or prolong his declining career ?

I could be wrong, and not remember it clearly.

I honestly dont have a clue.

• 1 month later...

The most important ability is availability; doesn't matter how good you are if you can't get on the field.  Looks like Perine might get another chance after all.  Guice and Love both miss camp (and probably more); start off this year just like last year AP, Perine and Thompson.  Hopefully Chris Thompson can stay healthy.  

22 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I said he was done already last year and unfortunatly I stand by that

Done meaning you think he’ll miss a second straight season? What I’m gathering is that he’ll miss the start of training camp, possibly a couple of weeks to let the hamstring heal. 

13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What I’m gathering is that he’ll miss the start of training camp, possibly a couple of weeks to let the hamstring heal. 

This can be common as a compensation injury when coming back from an ACL. The same thing plagued Dalvin Cook coming back from his own ACL tear. I hope it doesn't, but these things can really linger throughout an entire season. Especially for a guy who hasn't spent a significant amount of time in an NFL conditioning program to begin with--he's already been stuck rehabbing most of his career rather than being able to learn how to take care of his body throughout a season like a pro. Shoot, young players commonly have hammy issues for that very reason even when they AREN'T coming back from an ACL.

So we may need to be patient. 

Archived