Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYP: Troubling details emerge about Toronto attack suspect’s private life (Incel Thread)

China

On 4/25/2018 at 10:38 PM, Renegade7 said:

Man, this may seem weird even saying this since I'm 29, but back in my day, we just called these people "losers".  Now they all finding each other and in urban dictionary.  For better or worse, its easier then ever to find people with a like mindset to your own now.

That's the trick in a way. I think for SOME groups, the ability to relate to people and gain a sense of community saves them from doing weird things or stepping too close to the abyss. It's the sick ones who feed off of this to gain more confidence or radicalize. 

But for every one person who leverages this sense of belonging to be hateful, there is probably one or more people who find comfort and live happier/friendlier lives because there are others out there just like them. 

It's complicated and maybe that doesn't make sense...

Edit: And I want to be clear - I'm talking much more broadly than incels (just heard of that today). Anyone who identifies as one of those and blames the world for their lot in life has issues. I'm talking about the effects of technology on anyone who feels alone or isolated. I think there are maybe more cases where it helps than hurts. That's all. 

Edited by TD_washingtonredskins

The surprise over the whole "Incel" thing is kind of a reminder that a lot of internet culture is still pretty niche and underground. I remember when these guys were relegated to the /r9k/ forum on 4chan for being too pathetic for the rest of 4chan (which is really saying something) - same as how /pol/ was made to keep the overly fascist bunch in a containment area. 

And they are connected. These incels are basically the gender relations and sexuality wing of the latest fascist movement. If you look at the Points of "Ur-Fascism" it's chilling how many points they check off:

http://www.openculture.com/2016/11/umberto-eco-makes-a-list-of-the-14-common-features-of-fascism.html

1. -The cult of tradition. 
  2. -The rejection of modernism. 
  3. -The cult of action for action’s sake. 
  4. -Disagreement is treason. 
  5. -Fear of difference.
  6. -Appeal to social frustration.
  7. -The enemy is both strong and weak. 
  8. -Pacifism is trafficking with the enemy.
  9. -Everybody is educated to become a hero.
  10. -Machismo and weaponry. (“Machismo implies both disdain for women and intolerance and condemnation of nonstandard sexual habits, from chastity to homosexuality.”)
  11. -Selective populism. 
  12. -Ur-Fascism speaks Newspeak. 

Bolded a couple point for emphasis but you get the point. These guys (and their ilk) have created a false narrative about a natural social order where women's bodies are the property of men to be used at-will. But that natural order has been disturbed by interlopers - namely, those who do not conform to the status quo and their cohorts (members of the LGBTQIA+ community, feminists, most interracial couples, "SJWs," etc.) while also holding this bizarre love/hate relationship with individuals who do fit into the status quo and are, in their eyes, more successful . They believe they've been driven East of Eden by said interlopers and they want to punish them - because God knows that ways easier to do than some self-evaluation.

It's no wonder they're part of the "Alt-Right's" orbit. 

Edited by thebluefood

America will have its reckoning with the alt-right soon enough. There are consequences to young sexually frustrated men feeling persecuted yet having a sense of superiority that can only be expressed if their enemies are defeated. 

I don't think we will see any kind of mass scale domestic terrorism but violent, lone-wolf style attacks are really not out of the question.

One thing that I've been wondering, how many guys in their teenage years flat out suck with women but mature in their adult years and go on to lead healthy, happy lives?

I wonder if having access to communities like this is actually stunting the totally normal personal and emotional growth that is just a part of life. But if at 15 you start looking at your peers through the lens of the alt-right and the incel community?

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

America will have its reckoning with the alt-right soon enough. There are consequences to young sexually frustrated men feeling persecuted yet having a sense of superiority that can only be expressed if their enemies are defeated. 

I don't think we will see any kind of mass scale domestic terrorism but violent, lone-wolf style attacks are really not out of the question.

One thing that I've been wondering, how many guys in their teenage years flat out suck with women but mature in their adult years and go on to lead healthy, happy lives?

I wonder if having access to communities like this is actually stunting the totally normal personal and emotional growth that is just a part of life. But if at 15 you start looking at your peers through the lens of the alt-right and the incel community?

I think it all comes down to the environment a child grows up in. If they are nurtured and guided, and grow up around enough strong male personalities to help mold them into solid young men, and aren't allowed to turtle up, the likelihood of all of this goes down dramatically.

I think the problem lies with children who are left to their own devices by parents who either don't care, or are too busy to actively raise their own children beyond basic needs. And so someone or something else fills that void, and they are left to learn from the tv, or infinitely worse, the internet, and they don't understand how to ask for help. 

Then they just wall themselves off in their own little world where they become not only normal, but "Right." 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2018 at 8:51 AM, LadySkinsFan said:

point is that their hate is specifically targeted at females. 

Want to bet these monsters are spawned as 100 percent a result of the relationship with their mother?

No doubt there are very sick men out there.  You do a great job pointing it out.  Wondering if you ever stop to realize that behind every male sexual deviant, harrasser, and sicko is a sick, twisted mother figure.  Not even gonna mention serial killers and where they get their sickness (sick, twisted moms)

I think its important you recognize that... this is not a `male` issue as much as you want it to be one... it is a societal issue.  Men and women play important roles

7 minutes ago, zoony said:

Want to bet these monsters are spawned as 100 percent a result of the relationship with their mother?

No doubt there are very sick men out there.  You do a great job pointing it out.  Wondering if you ever stop to realize that behind every male sexual deviant, harrasser, and sicko is a sick, twisted mother figure.  Not even gonna mention serial killers and where they get their sickness (sick, twisted moms)

I think its important you recognize that... this is not a `male` issue as much as you want it to be one... it is a societal issue.  Men and women play important roles

I agree to an extent , and also sort of speak from personal experience of a different kind. Watching the stuff my mother went through and how she initially handled it, made me resent her a bit as I got slightly older, and it absolutely could have impacted my development as I got older. The fact that she has a very fiery personality also nearly could have led to me being the type of cat that falls into the viscous cycle of abuse were it not for the strong men in my life to sit me down and help me understand why i was wrong.

So mothers absolutely play a factor, though I don't  think it is always the issue. I think there is notbing more detrimental than to ignore a child, or let them ignore you. The mother can be the nicest woman in the world, so can the family. But a child with no direction, especially a male ( in an ever increasingly complex world, with dark **** tugging at you in all directions, leading you to feel inadequate in whatever form if you don't know how to combat it), is a tragedy waiting to happen.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm a "NICE GUY (TM)" in recovery (basically an Incel-Lite) but I never went all the way to "the dark side" in large part because I had a solid foundation of emotionally available men (especially my father) and influential women (like my mom and grandma). By about my sophomore year of high school, most of my friends were women and it's been that way ever since.

I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate them because guys like him and Elliot Rodgers could have been me. 

1 hour ago, zoony said:

It can be the mom, or lack of a deep emotional relationship with the father, which has all kinds of damaging results including crime, lack of independence in life , victim complexes etc.

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

I absolutely believe this.

• 2 months later...

Inside Incels’ Looksmaxing Obsession: Penis Stretching, Skull Implants And Rage

Unhappy with how they look, thousands of young men are joining anonymous message boards such as Lookism.net to dissect their looks and exchange detailed tips on looksmaxing — their term for enhancing their appearance. Penis stretching, eyebrow botox, wrist enlargement, “neck training,” nostril shrinking and 3D-printed skull implants are among the desired procedures and “coping strategies” discussed at length on these sites.

Lookism.net bills itself as a forum for incels, or men who identify as “involuntarily celibate,” suggesting that users are aware of their faults and “were born into a prison where you cannot escape.” Many members are young men who say they are unable to sexually attract women because of their looks. But it’s not just about sex: Looksmax forums are echo chambers for shame, hatred and entitlement. Users fixate on their perceived flaws and rage against the women who, they say, deny them sex — something they feel they are owed.

When Incels Kill

Lookism, or discrimination based on appearance, is real. Research shows that people who are considered unattractive get paid less and have fewer job opportunities. One study found that juries are less likely to convict someone they consider good-looking.

But men and women respond very differently when discriminated against in a romantic or sexual context, experts say. While women often internalize or blame themselves when faced with rejection, men tend to lash out.

“Males tend to take rejection as a challenge to their masculinity or an insult to their perceived place in the social hierarchy. Women are likely to feel emotionally hurt by the rejection and to assume that there is something lacking in them that warranted the rejection,” according to Suzanne Degges-White, the chair of Northern Illinois University’s department of counseling. “Women are encouraged to ‘get over it,’ but men often feel the need to ‘get even.’”

The urge to “get even” is widely discussed in incel groups, with radical members openly discussing a violent movement to strike back at women and their chosen sexual partners.

These men often describe themselves as the “losers of the genetic lottery.” Not all members appear to hate women, but as more fanatical misogynists have flooded incel and looksmax networks with vitriol in recent years, they have pushed out less extreme men.

For radical incels, dating and sex are rife with emasculating injustice. They believe that any woman — regardless of looks — can find someone to have sex with, while an ugly man can get sex only by force or by paying. They also believe that women are interested exclusively in good-looking men.

This distorted view of women fuels violent resentment. On Incels.me, one of the more extreme incel forums that has hosted more than 1 million messages in less than a year, men routinely argue that violence against women is justified because women deny unattractive men their “right” to sex. 

Click on the link for the full article

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

"Wrist enlargement" is what happens when incels take advice from other incels about how to be more attractive to women.  

How about, get a job, stop being such a dick and go for a run once in awhile.  

I thought wrist enlargement was what they got from beating off so much because they can't get a date.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

These guys are making it way too hard.

#1: Lower your expectations. It’s pretty easy to get some if you expand your list of possible partners.  You might not be attracted to fat and ugly chicks right now but trust me, you can learn. There’s also another way to double the pool if you’re willing to keep an open mind.

#2: “Have a little dignity.” This is the worst advice you were ever given. You’re gonna give that **** up (I’m actually going to go ahead and put a ✅ here for the people I just read about in that article).

#3: Cut out all the stupid crap... like conversation. Think about it. How long does it take to say, “Do you wanna go ****?” My personal record is  3104 in just under five hours. A certain percentage of the population WILL GO FOR THIS.

Thats it. Simple. Follow the Sacks N Stuff formula and you are GUARANTEED to get laid any time you want.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

"Wrist enlargement" is what happens when incels take advice from other incels about how to be more attractive to women.  

How about, get a job, stop being such a dick and go for a run once in awhile.  

Honestly,  Im starting to believe the best advice would just be "Kill yourself". After all, thats what they used to do, anyway.

I think @No Excuses touched on it, but the above is just too much earth shattering stupidity and self defeatism to expect someone to come back from and be anything close to normal. It's like mentally crossing the Dumbass Rubicon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

These guys are making it way too hard.

#1: Lower your expectations. It’s pretty easy to get some if you expand your list of possible partners.  You might not be attracted to fat and ugly chicks right now but trust me, you can learn. There’s also another way to double the pool if you’re willing to keep an open mind.

#2: “Have a little dignity.” This is the worst advice you were ever given. You’re gonna give that **** up (I’m actually going to go ahead and put a ✅ here for the people I just read about in that article).

#3: Cut out all the stupid crap... like conversation. Think about it. How long does it take to say, “Do you wanna go ****?” My personal record is  3104 in just under five hours. A certain percentage of the population WILL GO FOR THIS.

Thats it. Simple. Follow the Sacks N Stuff formula and you are GUARANTEED to get laid any time you want.

All jokes aside, it's probably a good place to start. They all create these warped, Barbie doll cartoon versions of women in their minds and because they have little to no experience in that dept, that is what they think they want/deserve.

No disrespect to anyone, but it could definitely provide some perspective... Like "Wow, that was great, I like her," or "Meh, could've been worse, but I finally did it! Now i just need to put in a little more effort to get where I want!"

Spend all your life trying to climb Everest, and you can't climb out of your parents basement to go holla at Big Bessie who works at the Wawa down the street, when you both could solve a small amount of your internal conflict if you threw some...

Can't have Madison, who works at a firm downtown DC and has a studio apt in Arlington. Bessie is your wheelhouse (for now).

• Like 2