Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Michael Cohen/Trump SDNY Investigation Thread

No Excuses

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Granted. 

The probable cause must have been persuasive to overcome attorney client privilege. 

It hasn't overcome it at this point, it is tbd by a special master or taint team.

the probable cause was concern records could become unavailible

3 minutes ago, twa said:

It takes a lot more than that, to get a federal judge to issue a warrant to seize client records, on an attorney representing a sitting POTUS. 

No doubt that was part of it. 

Just now, Larry said:

It takes a lot more than that, to get a federal judge to issue a warrant to seize client records, on an attorney representing a sitting POTUS. 

No doubt that was part of it. 

I'd certainly hope so, especially since Cohen has been producing requested documents.

I'd hate to see a good prosecution thwarted.

11 minutes ago, twa said:

It hasn't overcome it at this point, it is tbd by a special master or taint team.

Not all the records probably contain elements of criminal activity. There must be something there, like the payment to Stormy Daniels might violate FEC laws.

11 hours ago, twa said:

I'd certainly hope so, especially since Cohen has been producing requested documents.

Oh yeah, I’m sure he has ? He probably walked into Mueller’s office, set a folder labeled Россия сговор on his desk and was like, “Here you go! It’s all in here.”

11 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Not all the records probably contain elements of criminal activity. There must be something there, like the payment to Stormy Daniels might violate FEC laws.

You know of course that he wrote that post from the same condescending and snarky tone that he views anything anti-Trump, right?

The comment on a “good prosecution tharted” is dripping with resentment.

13 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Oh yeah, I’m sure he has ? He probably walked into Mueller’s office, set a folder labeled Россия сговор on his desk and was like, “Here you go! It’s all in here.”

[1.Goes to Google Translate.  2.Enters Россия сговор. 3.Sees Russia the Conspiracy. 4.Smiles.]

2 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

You know of course that he wrote that post from the same condescending and snarky tone that he views anything anti-Trump, right?

The comment on a “good prosecution tharted” is dripping with resentment.

Resentment at the incompetence,at this rate he might get two terms.

btw...If you are going to quote me at least spell it right :P

14 hours ago, twa said:

I'd hate to see a good prosecution thwarted.

Your vast legal experience is appreciated here, but I trust the Southern District of New York. They tend to hire fairly bright people. I'm surprised you have never worked there to be honest.

17 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

?

They recited lots of precedent decisions too. I (back in the 90s) had opportunity to actually read further and found that they really tried to stick to making law apply to the story, or the other way around. First half was the evidence, second half was how to use it.

Most of the stuff they cited was pretty basic, but - by and large - they cited it accurately. I always assumed that the writers audited a 1L crim law class and an evidence calss, because they pull a lot of stuff from those particularly the legal clichés - indicting a ham sandwich, fruit of the poison tree, not letting that in through the back door when you couldn't get it in through the front, etc.

15 hours ago, twa said:

These crimes are determined w/o a trial?

Interesting concept.

THAT"S NOT HOW THIS WORKS!!! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW THIS WORKS!!!

Maybe you should learn how this works.

47 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

THAT"S NOT HOW THIS WORKS!!! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW THIS WORKS!!!

Maybe you should learn how this works.

Apparently it works slowly.

Archived