Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should be Starting RB in 2018??? (Public Poll)

Renegade7

Who' should be Starting RB in 2018???  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Starting RB in 2018???

• Trade for Le'Veon Bell
    • Draft RB in 1st Round
    • Draft RB in 2nd-7th Round
    • Sign Veteran FA
    • Sign UDFA
    • Trade for Veteran RB (Not Le'Veon Bell)
    • He's already on the Roster
    • IDK, but I know he's not on the Roster

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

i know, it was a bit of rhetoric on my part regarding my 'hope.'  

If AP could come in and give us 100 carries for 450 yards, I'd say that would be more realistic.  Between the rotational ability of Perine / Kelley and how often we'll likely have Thompson lined up in the backfield, I don't see him going for anywhere NEAR 'bellcow' type numbers.

If he doesn't get injured, and he's been injured the past two seasons, I seriously doubt he will put up 4.5 yards per carry this year.  When you take away those two big games he had last season, he averaged 2.5 yards per carry.  

I wasn't interested in him last year and still not this year.  And Jamaal Charles isn't a better option either, imo.  I think we should stay away from both of them, but my gut tells me that with Alex Smith's connection to JC, he might actually get signed.  

4 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Nice reporting Schefter.

Welcome AP... would have preferred Charles, but this certainly doesn't put the team in a worse position.

I actually agree but thinking about it, he may not have been ok with the role we were wanting him for.  1 year deal, minimal money, and a rotational piece. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I admit, seeing him in a Redskins shirt got me a little jazzed -- albeit he's obviously not what he once was.  But still I'd be surprised if he's an upgrade over Kelley -- hopefully he's given a real chance to compete.

Did you mean to say that you'd be surprised if he isn't an upgrade over Kelley?

I predict he will be used somewhere between how NO and AZ used him; more than 8 per game, less than bellcow, probably in the range of12-15. I can see Kelley being cut if Perine is healthy.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I admit, seeing him in a Redskins shirt got me a little jazzed -- albeit he's obviously not what he once was.  But still I'd be surprised if he's an upgrade over Kelley -- hopefully he's given a real chance to compete.

I am wondering about the dynamics of this.  I normally don't get caught up in the FO/Coach crap but I am wondering if Snyder and Allen were like "yes" while Gruden was like "no" and then Snyder and Allen were like "we're gonna do it anyway" and Gruden's all having a hissy fit over it cause of Kelley.

Kinda like when your wife or girlfriend does something after you ask her not to do it and she does it anyway.  I am wondering if thats how Gruden feels right now.

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I am wondering about the dynamics of this.  I normally don't get caught up in the FO/Coach crap but I am wondering if Snyder and Allen were like "yes" while Gruden was like "no" and then Snyder and Allen were like "we're gonna do it anyway" and Gruden's all having a hissy fit over it cause of Kelley.

Kinda like when your wife or girlfriend does something after you ask her not to do it and she does it anyway.  I am wondering if thats how Gruden feels right now.

very interesting point... I guess we will see how good he looks and if he's even here week 1.  

17 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I just heard the details of the contract, apparently his contract is only guaranteed if he's here Week 1.  IIRC, he gets paid for the time that he's here but nothing is guaranteed.

Hope he's able to crack the roster.

Amigo, he's a lock.

39 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I just heard the details of the contract, apparently his contract is only guaranteed if he's here Week 1.  IIRC, he gets paid for the time that he's here but nothing is guaranteed.

Hope he's able to crack the roster.

Expected this, but good to know anyway.  AP wants to show what hes got, and at the minimum, Washington needed another preseason body to take carries. Works on both ends.

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

Nice reporting Schefter.

Welcome AP... would have preferred Charles, but this certainly doesn't put the team in a worse position.

Has Charles left yet?  Considering what's going on with CT, I was hoping we'd sign both.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Has Charles left yet?  Considering what's going on with CT, I was hoping we'd sign both.

I assume it was an either/or decision. But with CT still recovering and Byron possibly heading to the PUP, I'd welcome bringing in Charles also. I doubt he'd be interested now with AP signed and Perine and Kelley still here.

Archived