Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ES Heavy Metal Thread

33 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

And that's when you knew she was "the one".

Haha, yes. She also punched one other guy at a Devin concert. We were standing side by side in the back and this douche came between us and pushed us, she punched him in the back of the head. He turned around and I stepped in front of her. He turned around and went into the pit. I decided that was a good time to go in the pit as well.

I have so many concert stories. One weird one was when I went to Metallica. I was sober and this drugged up dude kept bumping into me. I tried to move and stay away, but he found me again. It was outside, and rainy. Eventually I got ticked and pushed him into the mud. A week later, I met him. The concert was in Tampa, we both lived in Melbourne. The weird thing was that we both were born in Alexandria. We became besties❣️ He was also the one that went to me to the LSD Pantera concert.

• Like 1

Ozzfest 2004? Glenhelen San bernadino. The biggest moshpit I've been. 100+people, bonfire burning in the middle. Saw some people get trampled n dragged out. Lost my truck keys, had to call AAA.

Edited by GibbsGreen11
  • Haha 1

I almost got crushed in a Slayer pit...some shirtless dude saw it about to happen, ran toward me and threw me over his shoulder & carried me out. I bought all of his beer the rest of the show. 

Edited by skinsmarydu
  • Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Ayreon album drops in a few days.  Between all the beer and bourbon I've been drinking tonight, and the fact that I was simultaneously playing an indie point-and-click adventure game featuring the voice of Tom Baker, and listening to a new track from Transitus featuring Tom Baker's narration, I just pre-ordered a signed copy of the album along with a t-shirt and a comic book.

I won't regret this decision in the morning.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Devin's Crappy Halloween Party starts in 40 minutes. It's $5. I am giving $20. So, that means I can offer a couple people free rides. I have 1-3 spots/tickets available. I asked a couple of friends this morning and haven't heard from them. So depending on if m;y friends respond or not will determine if I can give tickets. I'll at least have 1 available, 1st come first serve.

So, I think what you need to do is go to this page: https://www.stageit.com/devin_townsend/devin_s_crappy_halloween_party_quarantine_concert_5_rarities_by_request/88531

Log in and sign up for a ride/hitchhike let me know your name. Mine is Prog314. I will check back here in about 25 minutes and see if there is any response. Once the concert starts though, I probably won't be on here. We'll see.

He's having a costume party as well as an all request set list that is going to include Anneke, Gene Hoglan, and Vai.

On 11/6/2020 at 6:33 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

This could be great, this could also be terrible.  I feel like there's no in between.

Yeah, that was in my feed the other day, I got skeerd...

I don't know if anyone has posted this live version, but I had to clean up all the pizza rolls I threw around the room after the last turnover in the game. 

I will offer no other explanation. 🤬 

Glenn is still a god.

• Like 2