Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ravens Sign Robert Griffin III

Dan T.

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Forgive me if this isn’t clear, but umm...how exactly would that help the redskins?? ? 

Minnesota is in our Conference.  Presumably any loss by them would help us more than a Baltimore loss. 

Ravens game results in The AFC are completely irrelevant. 

16 minutes ago, Diehard Otis said:

Minnesota is in our Conference.  Presumably any loss by them would help us more than a Baltimore loss. 

Ravens game results in The AFC are completely irrelevant. 

This Ravens Vikings hypothetical matchup is a super bowl matchup though, so the outcome wouldn’t affect the redskins in any way 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

This Ravens Vikings hypothetical matchup is a super bowl matchup though, so the outcome wouldn’t affect the redskins in any way 

Not necessarily.  They just met this past Regular Season.  Yes, you're right; they could meet to decide The Super Bowl...but I was referring to a Regular Season meeting. 

And I don't see both QBs starting for these teams when they meet again.  

On 4/24/2018 at 2:21 PM, Diehard Otis said:

Ya know, I hadn't considered a Kirk-vs-RGIII Purple Bowl.  Now that would definitely be interesting! 

Coincidentally, I don't know who I'd cheer for in such a matchup. 

Do you??

I guess I'd root for the guy who didn't cheat on his pregnant wife.

6 hours ago, Diehard Otis said:

Not necessarily.  They just met this past Regular Season.  Yes, you're right; they could meet to decide The Super Bowl...but I was referring to a Regular Season meeting. 

And I don't see both QBs starting for these teams when they meet again.  

I get that, but in the conversation you were quoting earlier, the hypothetical matchup was for the super bowl. That’s how the conversation got started in the first place ? 

How sure are we that drafting Jackson means the end of RG3 in Baltimore?  I doubt Jackson starts this year.  I see them wanting him to sit behind Flacco for at least a year.  And if Flacco were to get hurt, especially early in the year, I don't think they would just want to go ahead and start Jackson for the rest of the year.   I could see them carrying 3 QB's for at least this year.  I'll be interested to see how it all plays out.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2018 at 8:48 PM, NickyJ said:

The RG3-Kirk Cousins dream has died. Lamar Jackson is a fascinating pick, though. I'm really curious how they're going to ship Flacco out.

Probably with a pink slip and a smile. Flacco is an overpaid JAG.

On 4/26/2018 at 11:48 PM, NickyJ said:

The RG3-Kirk Cousins dream has died. Lamar Jackson is a fascinating pick, though. I'm really curious how they're going to ship Flacco out.

I just don't see how Lamar Jackson can make it in this league at the QB position.  In his interviews he just seems so intellectually challenged.  At a position that requires less analytical skills, perhaps.

Then again, maybe he's a savant and just faking it.

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2018 at 6:21 PM, Roger.Staubach said:

I just don't see how Lamar Jackson can make it in this league at the QB position.  In his interviews he just seems so intellectually challenged.  At a position that requires less analytical skills, perhaps.

Psst.  Intellect is not a requirement for playing football.  Even quarterback.

1 hour ago, Tsailand said:

It's amazing that some fans still believe this.

Agreed. There is no one way to define intellect. I see it every day. People who can talk to me all day about the nuances of case-law or medicine, but are dumb as **** when it comes to the basics of psychology, or engineering/mathematics, etc. Or people who are smart at one thing but struggle to adapt and learn other things (the ability to recall and process new information quickly). 

Intellect is absolutely required, and I guarantee you many "Smart" (using others standards) people would struggle to pick up that information in the short amount of time that they are given. It's a different realm, for sure. Doesn't mean a certain amount of  intelligence isnt required.

How you talk, accent wise or whatever, doesn't always reflect how you think. Some people just may be a tad nervous, or something of that nature.

On 7/13/2018 at 4:16 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

There is no one way to define intellect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G_factor_(psychometrics)

People who can talk to me all day about the nuances of case-law or medicine, but are dumb as **** when it comes to the basics of psychology, or engineering/mathematics, etc.

Knowledge is not the same as intelligence

You are describing people who are knowledgeable about some things but not about other things.  This is normal.  Nobody is knowledgeable about everything.

Or people who are smart at one thing but struggle to adapt and learn other things (the ability to recall and process new information quickly). 

You are describing someone who is experienced with and knowledgeable about one subject, but is not especially intelligent in general.

Intellect is absolutely required, and I guarantee you many "Smart" (using others standards) people would struggle to pick up that information in the short amount of time that they are given. It's a different realm, for sure. Doesn't mean a certain amount of  intelligence isnt required.

I agree with you here.  The takeway is this -- being smart doesn't automatically mean you will be a good QB.  But if you are dumb, it will be difficult or impossible to be a good QB.

Thanks, Tsailand.  People bought into Howard Gardner's multiple intelligences but it's not really a "theory" as much as a hope. I think he even admits this, more or less, somewhere in an article or conference. But it is clear that athletic ability is not the same as intelligence, nor is dexterity, etc.  So it might be possible to be excellent at playing an instrument while not being very intelligent and you can be outright stupid and be strong, fast, etc.  What people mean here is talent not intelligence, even if coordination and anticipation can seem almost like an intelligence all their own.

If Vince Young is as stupid as his Wonderlic, it's no wonder he couldn't make it as an NFL QB. People probably do set the bar of minimum IQ higher than it really is for QB, though.

On 5/17/2018 at 6:21 PM, Roger.Staubach said:

Why not just come out and say it. The guy sounds like a retard. It's painfully obvious he didn't do much learning in school when you hear him speak.

The guy doesn't seem to have the mental capacity to play the position at the NFL level. Physically maybe yes, but smarts wise? No way.

Maybe that's why all the GM's that everyone was screaming Nazi racist!!!! about wanted to play him at  other positions, because they don't believe he's got the brainpower to handle the position. But everyone being as sensitive as they are these days immediately screamed racists are keeping him down!!!

Even bmitch was complaining about the same thing for awhile there.

Pfft.

Maybe he can do well at this level but I highly doubt it. 

Last I heard by Twitter, the Ravens were doing some dual-quarterback drills, with Flacco and Jackson/RG3 both being on the field together. If they can make a game out of who has the ball between Jackson and Flacco, good on them. If they think they can disguise RG3 as a WR or RB and not have him injured by week 2..... Lol on them.

Archived