Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Rams acquire Brandin Cooks in trade with Patriots

zCommander

Looks like the Rams are getting ready to go 16-0 this season... well at least that is how it seems on paper right now.

So is this a good move? 24 years old and has been traded by the Pats. Why? Do they see something the rest are not seeing?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Les Snead isn't finished wheeling and dealing.

The Los Angeles Rams have acquired receiver Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick in a trade with the New England Patriots, the team announced via its official site. The Rams are sending their first-round pick in the upcoming draft (No. 23 selection) and a sixth-round pick to the Patriots, according to the announcement.

Cooks lands on his second new team in as many years, being dealt from the organization that acquired him via trade last offseason. The speedster, who was sorely missed in the latter stages of Super BowlLII, leaves New England after posting a 65-catch, 1,082-yard season that also included seven touchdowns.

Cooks is perhaps the best receiver to be traded twice over a young career that has shown plenty of promise and production so far. The game-breaking wideout is one of only three players with 1,000-plus receiving yards and five-plus receiving touchdowns in each of the last three seasons. The other two: Antonio Brown and Larry Fitzgerald.

More here: 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000924657/article/rams-acquire-brandin-cooks-in-trade-with-patriots

I wouldn't pay much attention to what happened in NO and NE. Both those teams have had largely interchangeable offenses, and don't keep stars around for long.

I'm hesitant to call anyone paper champs anymore. Defenses aren't capable of being as dominant as they once were. it's all gonna come down on Goff's shoulders. Solid pickup, though.

Nothing is wrong with Cooks, it's the Pats we are talking about.  He's on the last year of his contract and they probably didn't want to pay him or give him the extension he is due.  Plus, they got a higher 1st round pick from the Rams than the 1st round pick they gave for him in the Saints trade.  They now have two first round picks and two second round picks.  

What's disturbing is they just played in the dang Super Bowl and are loaded with draft picks to make their team even better.  Gotta admire an organization that is always winning and still in position to continue building through the draft.  

35 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Nothing is wrong with Cooks, it's the Pats we are talking about.  He's on the last year of his contract and they probably didn't want to pay him or give him the extension he is due.  Plus, they got a higher 1st round pick from the Rams than the 1st round pick they gave for him in the Saints trade.  They now have two first round picks and two second round picks.  

What's disturbing is they just played in the dang Super Bowl and are loaded with draft picks to make their team even better.  Gotta admire an organization that is always winning and still in position to continue building through the draft.  

They always do that ****. Pisses me off. And makes me jealous :kickcan:

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I swear there was an ATN Random Thought thread, but I searched 5 pages back, and can't find it.

Does it go back further than that ?

I know there is one on the Stadium Forum, but I don't remember seeing one here.

Archived