Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you could have a few cars...

Spaceman Spiff

My first car was a '93 Audi 100.  White, just like this one.

1993_audi_100_sedan_cs_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

This was before Audi got niiiiiiiiice.  Like, this was a nice car and I was very appreciative to get it, but it certainly wasn't like Audi today.  Pretty plain interior, nothing fancy.  It had some electrical problems.  But it was really solid, safe and mostly reliable.  IIRC, Audi struggled in the 80s and 90s because of some recalls they had where some of their cars had issues with accelerating and not being able to slow down.  Some people died as a result and Audi wasn't popular.  I think that's why Ferris Bueller's dad drove an Audi.  Anyway, it got me where I needed to go and it meant that mom didn't have to drive me to work every day the summer between my junior and senior year in high school.

It was plenty powerful, at least to 16 year old Spaceman Spiff.   I'm pretty sure it had a v6 engine and I did a lot of dumb **** in that car, like 90 in a 35 near my house, catching air off a hill and other stuff I wouldn't think of doing today.

If I ever have a kid and get them a car, it's going to be the biggest piece of **** 4 banger ever.  0-60 in like, an afternoon.

28 minutes ago, GoSkinsGo said:

That's awesome. I love that generation of Plymouth and Dodge cars. The E body cars of the early 70s are my favorite.

My first car was a 1987 Cadillac Brougham with the Interior d'elegance.

This is about the closest I can find, it was a crushed blue velvet interior with front and back bench seats. I got 10 people in that car once.

Damn that interior is sweet. 

20 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Gimme "Baby" aka a 67 Impala.

You beat me to it.  Love that car.  When I went looking for pics to post after seeing this thread yesterday, I got wrapped up into trying to find one for sale at a decent price :ols:   Gotta get the hardtop with no posts though, lot's of ones with posts.  Either way, cool cars.

So second me for the 1967 Chevy Impala.

Add to that the 1977 Pontiac Trans Am, everyone wants to be the Bandit right?

Image result for 1977 pontiac trans am

Then probably a 1969 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

Image result for 1969 shelby gt500 mustang

5 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Add to that the 1977 Pontiac Trans Am, everyone wants to be the Bandit right?

No

I'm not into the whole car crush thing, I'd just like to have something solid w/ off road capability

Like this...

Stryker-30mm-1200x640.jpg

3 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

first car was a 1967 Dodge Coronet 500 convertible, 383 4barrel, Positraction rear. Bronze like this only with black

I miss two things about the auto industry

1.  Big, comfy, sofa on wheel cars.  I dont think you can even buy a full size sedan anymore?

2.  For a time in the 60s and 70s, seems like detroit was offering everything in a convertible.  Nowadays its only tiny sports cars and roadsters

40 minutes ago, zoony said:

Check this mother****er out.  Cool 1.5 million

That's pretty impressive. If you're going balls to the wall for an offroad machine, I would go for the below.

Mercedes G63 AMG 6x6, you can save 500k

2014-mercedes-benz-g63-amg-6x6.thumb.jpg.8fc77fa64913afaa25fadfb88a743530.jpg

24 minutes ago, zoony said:

1.  Big, comfy, sofa on wheel cars.  I dont think you can even buy a full size sedan anymore?

I don't think anyone does bench seats up front anymore. But you can you can still get a full size sedan they are just rare. The premium manufactures make them and some of the domestic. They've gotten rare because of the cross over style.

Mercedes S Class

BMW 7 series

Audi A8L

Ford Taurus (kind of)

Cadillac CT6

Lincoln Continental

31 minutes ago, GoSkinsGo said:

Mercedes S Class

BMW 7 series

Audi A8L

Ford Taurus (kind of)

Cadillac CT6

Lincoln Continental

I recently sat in a continental, my head was pressed up against the sunroof

3 hours ago, zoony said:

2.  For a time in the 60s and 70s, seems like detroit was offering everything in a convertible.  Nowadays its only tiny sports cars and roadsters

I'm with you.  I've had 2 Wranglers in my life, will definitely own a 3rd.   But I don't want a sports car.  I really wish Land Rover would make Defenders again (and they might).

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2019-land-rover-defender-svx-considered-jaguar-svx-models-also-possible-121051.html

Image result for land rover defender

I'm not into old cars. And I'm relatively cheap. And don't like change. 

Happy with a two-door coupe that performs. Will probably get a Q60 again as my next car.

If I wait a couple of years the Black S might be an option.

2016-infiniti-project-bla-4_800x0w.jpg

https://carbuzz.com/news/infiniti-may-finally-get-serious-about-a-performance-q60-coupe

And keep a compact SUV for transporting muddy dogs.

I'm not a car guy in the slightest, and in fact don't even like driving that much, so these would all be wasted on me.  I drive a Toyota now and might upgrade to something like an Audi A4 in the future, but I don't have any real desire for something extremely fancy.  I can appreciate the look of a car but have no need for one.  I don't even understand half the **** some of you are posting about the specs.

I'd like an retro mod version of the car I had in college, a 1968 Ford Torino GT Convertible (they only sold 5,317), and it was used as an Indy Pace car. Mine was this color but without the hood scoop and had the 390 engine.  

1968-ford-torino-gt-convertible-1.JPG

• 2 months later...

Jaguar is brining over a wagon.

I love a performance wagon, aluminum fame, supercharged V6 making 380hp 0-60 in 5.1 seconds. There haven't been this many choices in over a decade for this segment. The new Volvo V90, V60 Polestar, Mercedes E wagon and the Jaguar. If Mercedes would bring over the C63 shooting break it would be complete.

maxresdefault.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:57 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

1987-buick-grand-national-front-quarter.

1987 Grand National.

Well, that happened.  Me and Spiffy just became best friends.  I'd love to have a twin turbo. 

14138-1987-Buick-Grand-National.jpg

2003 Mercury Marauder

374819_38be757b80ea_low_res.jpg

1989 Chevrolet Caprice Police Package

8562540024_large.jpg

Fox Body Turbo LX Mustang on drag radials

m5lp-0206-01-+mustang-lx-drag-car+sievie

1969 Plymouth RoadRunner

1969_plymouth_road_runner-pic-8390575541

7 hours ago, Chew said:

Build me one of these, @spacemanspiff  0 to 175 MPH in 7 seconds. 482ci twin turbo :o

He launches so hard at the 1:57 mark, the on-board camera goes out of focus and he appears to travel through time into another dimension.  :o

That is...amazing.  That sound is awesome.  

@Chew check this out:  The guy in the beginning, his story is awesome.

Archived