Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

zskins

50 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Wasn't he winless against them as a Skin ?

This would be his first win against the Cowboys with them using a first string QB. He did pretty good I'll have to admit. With their running game and their defense showing up, it's hard to say how far he can take them. 

• Like 1

That was a good win, especially after losing to the undermanned Chiefs team the previous week.

I don't know how good the Cowboys are but its never easy to win in Dallas against that defense so I think this is a quality win and the type that has eluded Kirk for so long.

I haven't seen a RB gash the Dallas defense that bad in years, Cook is playing out of his mind.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

No, after the Cowboys collapse in December to finish 7-9, this will only count as Kirk beating a bad team.

The Cowboys' wins have come against teams with a combined record of 10-27 lol (12-35 if you count the Giants twice)...so you may not be too far off.

2 hours ago, Tsailand said:

No, after the Cowboys collapse in December to finish 7-9, this will only count as Kirk beating a bad team.

I think Dallas and Philly are fringe playoff teams, obviously one of them will win the division with probably 9 or 10 wins and the other most likely doesn't make the playoffs but who knows.

Kirk has beaten Philly and Dallas before so it's not groundbreaking but they have the Seahawks and Packers coming up and IMO those games will tell you a lot about the Vikes.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I think Dallas and Philly are fringe playoff teams, obviously one of them will win the division with probably 9 or 10 wins and the other most likely doesn't make the playoffs but who knows.

Kirk has beaten Philly and Dallas before so it's not groundbreaking but they have the Seahawks and Packers coming up and IMO those games will tell you a lot about the Vikes.

And of course the Vikings D gave up 397 yards in the air to Dak.  While they shutdown the run, that secondary of theirs was horrendous.   They have given up a lot in crucial situations this year.  Not impressed with Vikings D this year.

Wilson with decimate it IMO, and probably so will Rodgers, although Rodgers has had some of his own accuracy issues, at times this year.  

The biggest test will be against Seattle on the road in that stadium.   Outdoors.  A real team over .500.  Yup that is the test, and then maybe, just maybe, if Kirk plays well and his D does not suck, the critics will.....nah, never mind. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, skinsmania123 said:

the critics will.....nah, never mind. 

Once he wins a playoff game ill give him the credit yall say he deserves. Thats what I think separates him from the guys above him currently. Hes playing well I cant really take anything from him. 

Well, If I tried I could say he has some of the best weapons I have seen on the field at the same time this season. The running game by itself is ridiculous and teams have to stop that, which sets them up for the play action, which he is a killer in. Hes always been a dog on play action but now with his targets and that run game with this play calling its almost impossible to stop. Im impressed with their entire package and that includes his consistency back there. Right now there is no reason to think he cant do it in the playoffs other than he hasnt yet. But things change. 

28 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The biggest win of Kirk’s career has come against a .500 Cowboys team in early November.

Thats all the credit he gets...and I’m sure Kirk would be the first to agree.  Plenty of opportunities for him to raise the bar in December and January.

I agree. I was being a little snarky with the anti-Kirk crowd because I think most people when they form a strong determination about someone or something, tend to stick to it, even when something, sometimes even multiple somethings, comes in that are contrary to the position.  It is cognitive dissonance.

I just don't think the Vikings defense, generally their secondary, and their CB Hughes specifically (who was targeted 17 times and was absolutely abused by Prescott), are  going to help them win against teams like Seattle and Green Bay..  I know he is back from being out with the ACL from 2018 but Hughes is slower and quite awful.  And then would it ever be said for Kirk, which it is said for many other NFL QB's,  "Kirk did everything possible that any decent NLF QB could do but they lost because their D was shredded."

Hell that is the determination I came to when Cousins was here.  Our D often and our O many time did him no favors, and then he tried force things.

There are two major tests for both Kirk and the Vikings D. It is Seattle:  better then .500 team, outdoor stadium, on the road, led by a future HOF QB.

But even if he passes these "tests" the one game that he is not able to win, regardless of the circumstances, people will revert back to Kirk is a choke position.   Man imagine if we took each game in all dimensions and honestly evaluated the whole thing....nope most fans do not.

• Like 4

The Vikings pass defense is terrible.  Zimmer and his defense have a reputation from past seasons but the pass defense gets worked routinely, not just by the Cowboys.   Zimmer tries to protect his porous pass defense by a time-consuming run-heavy approach that can disruptive to the rhythm of the offense.  I think this weakness limits their playoff chances.  I don't think Zimmer has it in him to adapt and win track meets.  He may have the offensive firepower win track meets in the playoffs but not enough defensive talent to win playing close to the vest.

Edited by Veryoldschool
  • Like 3

On 11/12/2019 at 11:58 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I haven't watched but the few games on nationally and what I've caught on the RedZone but the Vikes D regularly gets thrown on, over and over again, every time I've watched.  The O can bail them out but against better teams that want to toss it around the yard, they'll get waxed.

Against the better teams is when you need Kirk to “wax” the opponent as well. Wouldn’t you agree?

Sure, there are games your defense may contain an elite guy, but can’t rely on it. 

10 hours ago, wit33 said:

Against the better teams is when you need Kirk to “wax” the opponent as well. Wouldn’t you agree?

Sure, there are games your defense may contain an elite guy, but can’t rely on it. 

But lots of people want to put Eli Manning into the HOF because his defense did exactly that, multiple times.

Which just happened to be every time because the Giants didn't even score that many points.