Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

I just realized what truly bothered me about this quote from Kirk...he separates himself from his teammates and comes across as feeling superior in a way. They may not be gay, but they have sins, but they can help us win, and I can love them and help them. That aspect of his personality HAS to be registering with other players, I would imagine. Comes across completely different if he says "We all have our sins, and none of us are perfect...but each one of us can use our given talents to help the team win, and learn and grow from one another."

(mods, this is not meant at all to be a post about religion, just a post about Cousins' personality and perspective on himself and his possible disconnect with the team)

EFuDKrLXoAAHGn0.jpg

• Haha 1

I'm really starting to think Kirk likes the sound of his own voice. Why even bring that up? If there's one think I can't stand even more than virtue-signaling and white-knighting, it's doing it from the pulpit.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

I'm really starting to think Kirk likes the sound of his own voice. Why even bring that up? If there's one think I can't stand even more than virtue-signaling and white-knighting, it's doing it from the pulpit.

To be fair, I think this was said back when that one openly gay player was drafted by the Rams, was it?...It was the topic of the day and he may have been asked about it. Regardless (for me anyway), i got a vibe of him separating himself from his teammates. Some Vikings talking heads on the radio mentioned how Kirk made some comment last year about promising his HS coach (or someone) about promising to keep his body tattoo-free...and was proud that he was. Since like 90% of the players on the Vikings have tattoos that comment didn't go over well with them.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

To be fair, I think this was said back when that one openly gay player was drafted by the Rams, was it?...It was the topic of the day and he may have been asked about it. Regardless (for me anyway), i got a vibe of him separating himself from his teammates. Some Vikings talking heads on the radio mentioned how Kirk made some comment last year about promising his HS coach (or someone) about promising to keep his body tattoo-free...and was proud that he was. Since like 90% of the players on the Vikings have tattoos that comment didn't go over well with them.

He reaaallllllly seems to think his fecal matter has no odor LOL!!!!

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, Nerm said:

Interesting scenario if the Vikes really want to move on from Kirk after this season.  I wondered about a swap with the 49rs if Garopalo(sp?) struggled this year, but they are doing well with him currently.

I would predict they try a partial buyout and/or trade if it becomes clear that they have to make a change.

I bet the Dolphins can do this. I haven't looked at their salary cap, but they've wiped every good player on the team out. If they do a Browns, they can swallow Kirk's contract with some draft picks to help it down. Sucks for Rosen, but at this point he's just a glorified door mat for franchises to wipe their dirty shoes on.

35 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Kirk has a no-trade clause.

Dang, Kirk didn't fool around. On the plus side, he also had a $500k bonus for winning the Super Bowl. At least they save some money there.

• Haha 6
43 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Kirk has a no-trade clause.

How but a no cut-clause? On that video I posted above about the rant, the guys on that show are saying to cut Kirk after this season. 

Edited by zskins
6 hours ago, ntotoro said:

I have to admit, this has been fun and good, saying he fleeced the Vikings, etcetera and so on... and it’s all true... but I’m really just starting to dislike him as an individual of late.

Join us. We are many. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Join us. We are many. 

Oh, I've been on-record many, many, many times in this very thread jonin' on him... just didn't feel personal until now. Now I just really dislike his character as an individual and a man, not just a QB.

1 minute ago, ntotoro said:

Oh, I've been on-record many, many, many times in this very thread jonin' on him... just didn't feel personal until now. Now I just really dislike his character as an individual and a man, not just a QB.

A few of yall are gonna call me crazy but I KNEW the minute RG3 ran that 70 something yard QB keeper in for a TD against the Vikings in 2012 something was up with dude. Literally the entire team is off the bench yelling and cheering for their teammate helping them win and making plays was THAT guy. And he was a rookie! If I was in the NFL on a squad I would at least fake being excited about a big play. Dude had a scowl. Says something when you cant even fake it with the rest of the guys. 

*insults to my character incoming* 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 10/1/2019 at 11:15 AM, Califan007 said:

Remember how we criticized the way Brunell would talk about team mistakes or performance issues and his team and how that seemed to transfer to Campbell?  

I've never liked it when QBs avoided or minimized saying "I" when talking about performing poorly but say "we" when their ass got bailed out by their defense or running back.

I know Joe believed in Brunell but it always rubbed me the wrong way and I don't think great leaders at the QB position have this divide.  Sure, maybe in their mind, but publicly they know how to reassure the rest of the team that they are all in it together and if the team fails, the QB will publicly take the heat (sort of like the coach.)

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

A few of yall are gonna call me crazy but I KNEW the minute RG3 ran that 70 something yard QB keeper in for a TD against the Vikings in 2012 something was up with dude. Literally the entire team is off the bench yelling and cheering for their teammate helping them win and making plays was THAT guy. And he was a rookie! If I was in the NFL on a squad I would at least fake being excited about a big play. Dude had a scowl. Says something when you cant even fake it with the rest of the guys. 

*insults to my character incoming* 

I didn't want to believe it at the time, I thought maybe he was just caught off guard or distracted but...

As for Kirk Cousins, I don't want to hate the man. It might be that he's awkward and shouldn't be in a leadership position but that he's generally a nice person.  Who knows!? But I'll say he falls short of the mark his faith sets for him, I believe.  

I was upset with the Vikings not keeping Keenum, it was a big mistake.  

• Like 2

The thing with Kirk is he comes off a little calculated in his "nice guy" public persona.  He could perfectly well be a swell guy most of the time, but man did he ever lay it on thick to help the sell job for that contract.  Kudos to him I guess, it worked.

• Like 1