Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

zskins

3 hours ago, Redd said:

In Kirks week 17 post game interview he said it's just year one.  By year 3 the Vikings will be ready.   Anybody else watch it.  It was like every interview he had here.

So they've gone from a QB away to a three year project? Is it a coincidence he's a free agent in three years?  

100517-Shows-HHA-Best-Memes-Roll-Safe.gif

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 3

On 6/27/2018 at 11:31 PM, Tsailand said:

Funny, but at least VOS is going to have someone to root for come January.

Is it the Eagles? Or the Bears?

On 7/26/2018 at 4:55 PM, Tsailand said:

The truth here is you don't want to make a concrete prediction about Kirk, because he'll probably exceed it.  So you'll wait until the Vikings lose a playoff game, and then you'll call him a choker who loses big games.

NEVER MIND GUYS. Pack it in, we can't criticize him this year, he choked BEFORE he made the playoffs, so he's exempt this time.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 4

Kirk definitely came up limp yet again.      What I can’t wrap my head around is why he won’t embrace his legs.  He’s going to have to or he will always be the gift that keeps on giving to the battered fans here that have nothing else to reap joy from.  When your Oline is poor and/or your running plays that take a while to develop, you’ve got to take off and run.  His outright refusal or inability to do that will assure that’s the last big contract he ever signs.  

That said, I’d say that atleast 80% of the Kirk arguments I’ve entered into are based more around how he was handled here and the character assasination, and about 20% of it based around his actual play.  I see the usual suspects are still at play with all sorts of wild allegations in reference to the 80%.  He won’t take hits, greed monger, fake Christian, and on and on and on.  Similar to the argument s about Gruden, any legitimate point against him that gets made tends to get diluted by the massive amounts of BS that gets thrown in on top.  

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Kirk definitely came up limp yet again.      What I can’t wrap my head around is why he won’t embrace his legs.  He’s going to have to or he will always be the gift that keeps on giving to the battered fans here that have nothing else to reap joy from.  When your Oline is poor and/or your running plays that take a while to develop, you’ve got to take off and run.  His outright refusal or inability to do that will assure that’s the last big contract he ever signs.  

That said, I’d say that atleast 80% of the Kirk arguments I’ve entered into are based more around how he was handled here and the character assasination, and about 20% of it based around his actual play.  I see the usual suspects are still at play with all sorts of wild allegations in reference to the 80%.  He won’t take hits, greed monger, fake Christian, and on and on and on.  Similar to the argument s about Gruden, any legitimate point against him that gets made tends to get diluted by the massive amounts of BS that gets thrown in on top.  

Brother he was the one that said god told him not to sign with the Redskins. All after proclaiming to the fans how much he loved it here and wanted to be a part of something special here. 

13 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I just listened to his presser after reading some of the stuff he said on twitter....yeeeesh lol. Not his best moment.

What did he say on Twitter?

I watched the pressers of Kirk, Thielen and Diggs based on what was being said in here to see if there was any legitimacy to the talk of Thielen having to hold back from punching him.  Kirk was his usual post game self, not saying much of anything good or bad.  Thielen refers to their ‘argument’ as a good conversation and when Diggs was thrown the bait to criticize Kirk, he defended him hard and basically said everyone who can’t play QB wants to crap on the QB when you lose.

I was actually expecting angst from those guys given how their season shook out, but didn’t sense any of it.

On 8/14/2018 at 1:24 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

He has all he needs in Minny -- I suspect we will be on this thread somewhere around week 8 when they are running segments about how Kirk has taken his game to the next level and has easily cemented himself as a top 10 QB -- and some here (not saying you) and more so on twitter will give him no credit for it as if any QB is a stud with a good supporting cast.  

Love ya SIP, but I gotta burn the last bit of rubber off the rims on this victory lap.

• Like 2

On 10/7/2018 at 5:27 PM, Skinsinparadise said:
Patrick DaughertyVerified account @RotoPat
FollowingFollowing @RotoPat
More

Seriously, who did the Redskins think Kirk Cousins was? Not sure I've ever seen a more wrong in-house evaluation. Cousins has hit as many wow throws as any quarterback in the league this season.

Oh, Patrick...Pat, Pat, Pat lol....

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I meant what others were quoting from his presser on twitter.

Edited by Califan007
  • Haha 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

When you finally ‘win’ one, you might as well celebrate Caps style.  No harm, no foul.

The Redskins have given me misery, and misery loves company. The Vikings provide a lot of company. $84 million worth of company!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He’s going to have to or he will always be the gift that keeps on giving to the battered fans here that have nothing else to reap joy from.  

Booiiii don’t do it lol

26 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I see the usual suspects are still at play with all sorts of wild allegations in reference to the 80%.  He won’t take hits, greed monger, fake Christian, and on and on and on.  Similar to the argument s about Gruden, any legitimate point against him that gets made tends to get diluted by the massive amounts of BS that gets thrown in on top.  

I mean we made football arguments for at least 8 of 16 weeks so you don’t really have a point. As usual. But if you want we can start it back up! 

34 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Hangman- C_Hanburger

• The Special Teams Ace
  • The Hangman- C_Hanburger
  • Members
  •  
  • 388 posts
On 8/20/2018 at 10:03 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My comment had nothing to do with Kirk being great.  It was more about how picky and fickle some of our fans were about Kirk when he was here.

What I find "funny" is how Kirk's 1st 2 preseason games are a microcosm of " Kirk the Redskin". One game he's HOF..then lays an egg the next. It was a recurring question for the last two seasons "Which Kirk will show up??!!"  There seemed to be no in between or consistency ( and don't quote stats made up from garbage yardage when the game was lost. Kirk was a Good QB with consistency/trust/choke issues that *could* have been coached to be GREAT'R (I'll give the eR for the games where he pulled the string and played aggressively)

Just like RG3, Kirk seemed to think he knew how to play QB better than the coaches. aka Gruden's frustration on the tentativeness on some throws/patterns.

So this is my opinion based on my observations..he was not worth the Cap hit it would have cost to keep him. Had the price been right/better, I would have loved to have him back with the caveat that he play the game the way coach wanted it played. Gruden would have been the 1st to say "I told him to take that risk/make that read"

I swear..we just drafted a bunch of "Diss ready" players in 2012 with too big of ego's. I am glad that it has ended. I just posted the 3/8 for 12 to make the point..same old..same old.

13 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

We spent $71M on Alex Smith, who is a lot worse than Kirk.

Yet wins a lot more than Kirk as well. it's not a coincidence that every team Smith has played on over the last 8 years have all had winning records with Smith behind center. It's not as if he's just the luckiest mf'er in the history of the NFL who just happens to land on teams that will win no matter how below average the QB is. And it's not as if Cousins is just the unluckiest guy the NFL has ever seen, and just happens to land on teams that can't win no matter how great the QB play.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Booiiii don’t do it lol

I mean we made football arguments for at least 8 of 16 weeks so you don’t really have a point. As usual. But if you want we can start it back up! 

You’ve talked out of both sides of your mouth in this thread dependent upon what happens in any given week. 

When you continuously throw crap against the wall, eventually something will stick.

57 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I watched the pressers of Kirk, Thielen and Diggs based on what was being said in here to see if there was any legitimacy to the talk of Thielen having to hold back from punching him.  Kirk was his usual post game self, not saying much of anything good or bad.  Thielen refers to their ‘argument’ as a good conversation and when Diggs was thrown the bait to criticize Kirk, he defended him hard and basically said everyone who can’t play QB wants to crap on the QB when you lose.

I was actually expecting angst from those guys given how their season shook out, but didn’t sense any of it.

Eh, I'd take what Thielen and Diggs said with a grain of salt. It sounded like being a good soldier and "coach speak". Mostly a PR move. You could tell Thielen was super heated at Kirk, and not just in general. In their argument he seemed to be saying "JUST THROW THE BALL" to Kirk when Kirk was saying he didn't have enough time. But kudos to them for not airing dirty laundry in public and saying the right things I guess. 

• Like 1