zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

1 hour ago, Redd said:

Kirk Cousins is working with Diggs, Thielen, and Rudolph who are an overall better package. Imo besides our average oline(which isn't even that much better), Kirk is working with a better team than what he had here.

Kirk has one of the best, if not the best, pass catching units in the NFL to work with. Diggs, Thielen, and Rudolph are all excellent and are all young and/or in their prime and compliment each other perfectly. Garcon and DJax were good but we got them both on the downward slope of their careers. 

7 hours ago, TheShredSkinz said:

Maybe KC will rework his contract so the Vikes can put some better talent around him.

Image result for chappelle clutching money gif

Good luck with that.

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Redskins fans to Vikings fans, after all the ****-talking they did during the offseason:

Not really accurate - you're giving RedskinsNation too much credit here. SOME of us saw Kirk for what he was and wanted absolutely no part in signing him to a LTD, let alone for the money he eventually got. I would say probably most of the fanbase were screaming about letting him walk out the building. In fact plenty of us on here took quite a bit of flak for daring to say Kirk was not Marino 2.0. 

My record on KC was absolutely not wanting him here, not just because I thought he was a fraud of a QB who choked harder than Romo. I also think he's an absolute douchebag who has little interest in winning a SB. Kirk wants to win it all in his contracts, he couldn't care less about winning it all on the field as long as he's winning off it. Self-interested little punk who portrays this angelic image whilst talking out of both sides of his mouth.

In light of that - I expand your GIF targets to all the Redskins fans who gave some of us **** for daring to have the opinion Kirk wasn't the second coming of Christ.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

27 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Kirk wants to win it all in his contracts, he couldn't care less about winning it all on the field as long as he's winning off it.

Then he should have stayed here, Winning off the field is our Team President's motto!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, UKskins said:

Not really accurate - you're giving RedskinsNation too much credit here. SOME of us saw Kirk for what he was and wanted absolutely no part in signing him to a LTD, let alone for the money he eventually got. I would say probably most of the fanbase were screaming about letting him walk out the building. In fact plenty of us on here took quite a bit of flak for daring to say Kirk was not Marino 2.0. 

My record on KC was absolutely not wanting him here, not just because I thought he was a fraud of a QB who choked harder than Romo. I also think he's an absolute douchebag who has little interest in winning a SB. Kirk wants to win it all in his contracts, he couldn't care less about winning it all on the field as long as he's winning off it. Self-interested little punk who portrays this angelic image whilst talking out of both sides of his mouth.

In light of that - I expand your GIF targets to all the Redskins fans who gave some of us **** for daring to have the opinion Kirk wasn't the second coming of Christ.

I've been a pretty big Kirk guy here but I've avoided this thread because I was kind of done with the topic and of course Kirk's play in Minnesota certainly backed your position and not mine.  But sorry, I'm not going to let you get away with the claim that Cousins does not want to win and only cares about his contract.   

If you think Kirk is unique in his desire to "win it all in his contract" you would be wrong. Virtually EVERY professional athlete tries to maximize his earnings. Who can you name other than Tom Brady, who has more money then Dan Snyder, have taken a less than market deal to help his team win?  The answer is virtually none.  And there isn't a damned thing wrong with that what so ever. So does that mean every professional athlete does not want to win a championship? Of course not.  They are simply trying to maximize their earnings in the small window they have to earn it knowing it all comes to a stop sooner than later. Again that does not mean they do not want to win. That's nonsense. 

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

So it turns out our super blow was watching Kirk have a late season meltdown over a total stud WR not running a route as crisp as he demands.   Yes, we liked that and was almost predictable.  I think its safe to say he is a perfectionist, in a game where perfection is constantly getting countered by 11 guys that are also getting paid.  If Theilan screwed up who cares its spilled milk you rally for the next series and not have temper tantrums. Patting Theilan on the shoulder after a 20 second meltdown was worth a laugh.  Someone should have told HIM to pull himself together.

It's kind of funny trying to see him take on a leadership role - it just doesn't look like him.  Channeling his inner Brady.... is more like channeling the Brady Bunch ft. Greg or Peter Brady.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

it’s kind of funny trying to see him take on a leadership role - it just doesn't look like him.  Channeling his inner Brady.... is more like channeling the Brady Bunch ft. Greg or Peter Brady.

321B41EF-E456-42D4-A8E8-966E026715F1.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

If you think Kirk is unique in his desire to "win it all in his contract" you would be wrong. Virtually EVERY professional athlete tries to maximize his earnings. And there isn't a damned thing wrong with that what so ever. So does that mean every professional athlete does not want to win a championship? Of course not.  They are simply trying to maximize their earnings in the small window they have to earn it knowing it all comes to a stop sooner than later. Again that does not mean they do not want to win. That's nonsense. 

I don't think he is unique, but at least most athletes have the balls to front it out. Sometimes it backfires like it did with Galette, but most athletes don't take to making ludicrous claims about God telling them not to take a deal etc. If you're chasing the money, own it, don't pretend it has anything to do with anything else. 

Kirk has more money than he can ever spend - Way more than most people earn in a lifetime so the "it's a short window" argument is nonsense. It's a fair point for players who are making Vet min etc but when you've got $50+mill in the bank,plus endoresements on top of NFL money, it's nothing more than an excuse. He milked us dry. He also has more money than the next 6 or 7 generations of his family will ever need.

Brady's contract is prime example - they're perennial SB contenders because they have more money to spread around due to Brady's cap hit being miniscule. No doubt there are some shady dealings with that, and I'm sure he will get paid by NE in one way or another long after he retires but the fact remains that he has got the number of rings he has because the numbers on his contract are far lower than market value. The cap difference between Brady and KC this season will buy you Patrick Chung, Amendola, Edelman and change.

Dwayne Wade dropped nearly $20million to allow the Heat to bring in Bosh and LeBron in the NBA. They won 2 championships. 

Kirk had prime opportunity last year to go all in with the Vikings to win it all - He could have signed a 3 year deal for $15mill per season - still incredibly well paid and more money than he or his family could ever spend, but enough change to get the Vikings additional help which may have taken them all the way. If Kirk really wanted to win, he could, but he values stockpiling money he will never spend over achieving in the sport.

2 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Then he should have stayed here, Winning off the field is our Team President's motto!

Ah there's the rub. He cares about Kirk Cousins winning off the field, not the team winning on or off it.

Edited by UKskins
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, UKskins said:

Isn't THIS the God awful Truth....ANYBODY who disagreed with the Clique was a looney, ignorant or (wait for it) HATER....I couldn't post without these tools commenting. Some did me a favor and put me on ignore.

They are not man enough to apologize either..watch

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, UKskins said:

I don't think he is unique, but at least most athletes have the balls to front it out. Sometimes it backfires like it did with Galette, but most athletes don't take to making ludicrous claims about God telling them not to take a deal etc. If you're chasing the money, own it, don't pretend it has anything to do with anything else. 

Kirk has more money than he can ever spend - Way more than most people earn in a lifetime so the "it's a short window" argument is nonsense. It's a fair point for players who are making Vet min etc but when you've got $50+mill in the bank,plus endoresements on top of NFL money, it's nothing more than an excuse. He milked us dry. He also has more money than the next 6 or 7 generations of his family will ever need.

Brady's contract is prime example - they're perennial SB contenders because they have more money to spread around due to Brady's cap hit being miniscule. No doubt there are some shady dealings with that, and I'm sure he will get paid by NE in one way or another long after he retires but the fact remains that he has got the number of rings he has because the numbers on his contract are far lower than market value. The cap difference between Brady and KC this season will buy you Patrick Chung, Amendola, Edelman and change.

Dwayne Wade dropped nearly $20million to allow the Heat to bring in Bosh and LeBron in the NBA. They won 2 championships. 

Kirk had prime opportunity last year to go all in with the Vikings to win it all - He could have signed a 3 year deal for $15mill per season - still incredibly well paid and more money than he or his family could ever spend, but enough change to get the Vikings additional help which may have taken them all the way. If Kirk really wanted to win, he could, but he values stockpiling money he will never spend over achieving in the sport.

Ah there's the rub. He cares about Kirk Cousins winning off the field, not the team winning on or off it.

I already acknowledged the Brady situation, it is unique as was Dwayne Wade. But that's exactly two we can think of, virtually every other athlete in ever sport does everything he can to maximize his earnings. Did you claim Peyton Manning was just in it for himself and did not care about winning when he signed a huge, cap hindering deal with the Colts?  Or Joe Flacco for that matter? 

A professional athlete is well aware of how small their window is, there is absolutely nothing wrong with maximizing their earnings as they know teams show no loyalty to them as players are cut for cap purposes constantly.   The only people who get upset with that mentality are the fans of the team involved. 

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I already acknowledged the Brady situation, it is unique as was Dwayne Wade. But that's exactly two we can think of, virtually every other athlete in ever sport does everything he can to maximize his earnings. Did

you claim Peyton Manning was just in it for himself and did not care about winning when he signed a huge, cap hindering deal with the Colts?  Or Joe Flacco for that matter? 

A professional athlete is well aware of how small their window is, there is absolutely nothing wrong with maximizing their earnings as they know owners show no loyalty to them as players are cut for cap purposes constantly.   The only people who get upset with that mentality are the fans of the team involved. 

Just want to remind everyone that we are talking about a guy who said God told him to go for a long term (full guaranteed) contract. 

I have never heard another pro athlete, super Christian or not, say something like that. Think it's fair to day that even if he doesnt have money on his mind, his Lord and savior sure does. 

• Haha 4

If you want to talk Peyton Manning - he restructured his deal with Denver and took a $4million pay cut to help the Broncos out at the end of 2014-2015 season, as they were tight on cap space and wanted to keep some key players.... Who won the Superbowl in 2015-2016?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Honestly I think most people didn't want that. Even with GloboGym dudes at qb, I'm still good. That contract was nuts. But this org was just short bus af when it came to locking him up early, and I will stand by that 

they tried to lock him up early.  He turned them down

9 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I already acknowledged the Brady situation, it is unique as was Dwayne Wade. But that's exactly two we can think of, virtually every other athlete in ever sport does everything he can to maximize his earnings. Did you claim Peyton Manning was just in it for himself and did not care about winning when he signed a huge, cap hindering deal with the Colts?  Or Joe Flacco for that matter? 

A professional athlete is well aware of how small their window is, there is absolutely nothing wrong with maximizing their earnings as they know teams show no loyalty to them as players are cut for cap purposes constantly.   The only people who get upset with that mentality are the fans of the team involved. 

This isn't entirely true with Kirk Cousins.  It wasn't all about the money because the Jets offered him 30 million a year guaranteed.  He cut the Vikings some slack because in his mind and everyone else's mind the Vikings were just a QB away from winning it all. 

It wasn't about getting max value that Cousin's could get, he just wanted most of it with the best chance for Kirk to get a ring.  Like Kirk said yesterday this is just his first year in Minnesota, give him time.

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Just want to remind everyone that we are talking about a guy who said God told him to go for a long term (full guaranteed) contract. 

I have never heard another pro athlete, super Christian or not, say something like that. Think it's fair to day that even if he doesnt have money on his mind, his Lord and savior sure does. 

His Lord and savior says repeatedly you can't worship him and money, to pick one.  I'll step away, last time i touched on Kirk's religious hypocrisy i got a nice little warning.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

I absolutely loved the fight that Adam Thielen and his QB.  That's probably not the first time they've probably butted heads.  Shocker he FAILED again with a win and in situation.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Redd said:

It wasn't about getting max value that Cousin's could get, he just wanted most of it with the best chance for Kirk to get a ring.  Like Kirk said yesterday this is just his first year in Minnesota, give him time.

And 25 million a year to LEARN how not to suck

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Turns out Kirk's God is actually money :ols:

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Redd said:

This isn't entirely true with Kirk Cousins.  It wasn't all about the money because the Jets offered him 30 million a year guaranteed.  He cut the Vikings some slack because in his mind and everyone else's mind the Vikings were just a QB away from winning it all. 

This was supposed to be “his team” and he was taking that step forward. Instead, everyone has discovered he’s still KC circa-2016. This is it for him. He especially looked clownish arguing with Adam Thielen, who I’m surprised didn’t lay him out right there on the sidelines.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I've been a pretty big Kirk guy here but I've avoided this thread because I was kind of done with the topic and of course Kirk's play in Minnesota certainly backed your position and not mine.  But sorry, I'm not going to let you get away with the claim that Cousins does not want to win and only cares about his contract.   

I agree. I've probably been one of the bigger anti-Kirk posters here but to say he had no interest in winning is ludicrous. He's just not a great QB but it doesn't mean he doesn't have the competitive fire to want to win it all.

10 minutes ago, Redd said:

I lol'ed when he said that. Wasn't that what was being said here over and over as well? The excuse goalposts kept being moved..."It's basically his first year starting" "It's only his second year he's still basically a rookie" "It's only his <x> year taking snaps with the first team" "It's only his <x> year in the system".

When is Kirk going to be ready? When he's 80? If you pay a guy what the Vikes paid KIrk you expect him to be able to come in and be great from the start, especially with the playmakers they have around him. Problem is that no amount of time in a system can fix Kirk's biggest issues, which seem to be mental and/or just built in. He plays poorly under pressure (from a pocket pressure standpoint and a general pressure standpoint) and he isn't very good at improvising and making plays when things don't go exactly according to script. 

He just isn't worth what they paid for him and by hamstringing themselves with his contract they made it almost impossible to build around him without getting super lucky in the draft. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Its nice that googling rat farts still works

broncos.jpg?format=1500w