zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

26 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

On a side note, what will you guys do if Minny plays Dallas in the PO’s?  Who do you root for?  Dalvin Cook to run for 150 and the Minny D to score all the points?  Let’s say, it’s a 4 point game, less than 2 mins left and Kirk has the ball, do you root for him to throw a TD or a pick?

I always root against the Pats and Cowboys,always.  Not even a good question. 

Always root against them unless it helps the Skins but you gotta hate yourself having to do it.

10 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

(2) Kirk winning a playoff game for another team might be the straw that gets Bruce Allen fired.

This is what I mean by me being more AntiBruce than a Kirk guy.  Kirk being successful only further hammers the nail in Bruce’s coffin.  Wierd to me how any other sane Redskins fan sees it any other way.  You should be rooting for him to do well to amp up the humiliation for Bruce and Dan.

I kind of get it over the offseason, when there was some semblance of hope. But given where we are right now, it only makes sense to want the worst for Bruce.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

if Minny plays Dallas in the PO’s?  Who do you root for?  

The only reason for right now that I'm hoping the Vikes keep losing is to help us get a shot in the PO's (until we're eliminated of course).  If the Vikes do make the PO's and it's against the Cowboys, then I'm rooting for the Vikes as far as they can go. More pro Vikes than anti-Bruce. Nobody's going to be rooting for the Cowboys no matter who they play. Anyways, Viking fans on their message board feel that they're one and done in the PO's.

Edited by BleedBNG

He’s generally had good weapons his whole career (at WR) and he can’t get in done in the big big games. Must be a mental block. Probably thinks about things too much

At this point Kirk Cousins would have to win the superbowl for anyone to question the move we made to finally be done with him. You are right to question all the tags and not giving him an extension before then, though its arguable that he would even play ball with that ultra inflated ego of his. But it's a fair argument to say we messed up this process from the start with him and that's what got us here. 

But short of winning the Superbowl, there is nothing he can do himself to be the reason Bruce is fired. If anything, not signing the guy to the biggest contract in history is the one mistake Bruce didnt make. 

And the smarter half of our fanbase actually agreed with him. It wasn't rocket surgery lol. Dude isnt and wasnt worth the money. 

Also if minny plays Dal in the playoffs I'm rooting for another 0-7 nothing burger of a game where Kirk throws 5 ints and the back up comes in and wins it for them. 

See always a way lol

20 minutes ago, Llevron said:

And the smarter half of our fanbase actually agreed with him. It wasn't rocket surgery lol. Dude isnt and wasnt worth the money. 

Yes, the guys who hate Kirk clearly exhibit football smarts at a high level.  🤣

Most of the AntiKirks buy into or con themselves into believing in most everything this team does.  Look no further than the replacement plan that was celebrated and has sunk the team for the foreseeable future.  Egg on face, per usual.

I have yet to really see anyone in the “dumber half” say they wanted to pay Kirk 28M, per season.  The “dumber half” never wanted to create a scenario where he could get that kind of money.  

Please tell tell us more about “rocket surgery”, sounds interesting.  

Also, you’re crazy if you don’t think watching Kirk play well down the stretch and go to the playoffs, while Dan strokes another check to Alex Smith and watches his fanbase further deteriorate, would have no impact on Bruce Allen. 

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

Karma is a b*tch ain't it. Looks like the big K is coming back to bite both sides responsible for the contract "impasse". Both side DESERVE IT! At least I have a reason to watch an NFL game not featuring the Skins and HAVE FUN watching. I know it's shallow but that's how my season feels so F I...

11 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Karma is a b*tch ain't it. Looks like the big K is coming back to bite both sides responsible for the contract "impasse". Both side DESERVE IT! At least I have a reason to watch an NFL game not featuring the Skins and HAVE FUN watching. I know it's shallow but that's how my season feels so F I...

Real ****. The Vikings are like my second favorite team right now. And they dont let me down as often as the Skins do. It's a ****ed up dynamic but it works for me. 

Guys whose job status is negatively affected by Kirk Cousins’ play:

Vikings GM Rick Speilman

Vikings OC John DeFillipo

Guys whose job status is not negatively affected by Kirk Cousins’ play:

Redskins GM Bruce Allen

Guys who went all in on a $28M schlub and need to keep moving the goalposts to maintain their chosen narrative:

Too many to list...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just for fun, I went to a Vikings message board...if it wasnt for the purple everywhere I would have sworn I was on ES from the last 3 years regarding the KC arguments.

Personally, I dont care how he does, it's just entertaining to watch from the sideline.

• Like 3

On that note, this DeFillipo guy. How has he messed this up so bad? The last two games they were averaging around 9 yards per carry and abandoned the run early. He has gotten NONE of his other WRs or TEs open outside of the top two guys, and his QB went from the 84 million dollar "How could we be so lucky to have him??" man to Common Kirk from Washington. 

I mean, I like that he has put so much on the QB they paid to be the man. It helps me prove the point that overall it's better to pay a guy to just be another guy and build the rest of the team than it is to pay a dude like hes the best in the game and he cant help you win. But he has to either have an agenda or be dumb as ****ing rocks to keep calling plays the way he is. 

I don't understand what hes doing. 

4 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Just for fun, I went to a Vikings message board...if it wasnt for the purple everywhere I would have sworn I was on ES from the last 3 years regarding the KC arguments.

Personally, I dont care how he does, it's just entertaining to watch from the sideline.

It's like being a Redskins fan without all the pain. I dig it. Makes me happy to see them suffer. In particular the Kirk threads that continue from the time he was signed to now give me the warn and fuzzies. 

8 hours ago, Redd said:

I always root against the Pats and Cowboys,always.  Not even a good question. 

Always root against them unless it helps the Skins but you gotta hate yourself having to do it.

Curios who you rooted for in the Super Bowl.  Between NE and Philly, it was a struggle for me.  My hate is strong for both of them.

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

It's like being a Redskins fan without all the pain. I dig it. Makes me happy to see them suffer. In particular the Kirk threads that continue from the time he was signed to now give me the warn and fuzzies. 

IDK...my friends that are Viking fans  claim they have alot of pain watching this team too...

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Curios who you rooted for in the Super Bowl.  Between NE and Philly, it was a struggle for me.  My hate is strong for both of them.

I watched the Doug Williams Redskins Broncos Super Bowl.  Im2 serious.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Xameil said:

IDK...my friends that are Viking fans  claim they have alot of pain watching this team too...

No I mean no pain for me lol

Looks like Kirk is having similar results.. Really good in some stats, but the W/L category suffering. I've not been to any Vikings board, do they blame him or the defense? Seems he'd do great good here and the D would let him down. Or the D would get us in a tie game late and he'd let us down.. Just doesn't (yet) seem to have that "it" factor.. 

4 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Looks like Kirk is having similar results.. Really good in some stats, but the W/L category suffering. I've not been to any Vikings board, do they blame him or the defense? Seems he'd do great good here and the D would let him down. Or the D would get us in a tie game late and he'd let us down.. Just doesn't (yet) seem to have that "it" factor.. 

I think if Kirk had the sane Vikings team as last year he would look a lot better.  I'm sure I read Cousins saying the Vikings season would be on him if he couldn't even get them to the NFC championship like last year.  He still got time though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Hes definitely not doing anything on his own to change his reputation.  From the games I’ve seen, earlier in the season he was rolling, they were moving him around, and he was making all the throws you’d expect out of a high paid QB, even with a terrible, almost criminal offensive line, no running game and poor defense.  However of late, their defense has picked up and their offense is terrible.  They give up pressure almost immediately, he gets uncomfortable, and never settles in.  I think the only possible way he can turn it around is to start fleeing the pocket and take off running to move the sticks.  If he doesn’t embrace that kind of change, he’s going to fail miserably in that situation.

23 minutes ago, Llevron said:

No I mean no pain for me lol

Lol ah yes. 

23 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

You wanna know what the Vikings fans say about him..just do a search for Cousins on the ES board...its all the same..lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

They weren't blitzing him at all last night. They were sending multiple people into coverage to slow his reads down and it worked. The pocket, while not ideal, was there to stand in most times. 

Problem is dude wanted to force it to his top two, and the OC did him absolutely zero favors in terms of getting other guys open. And by the time they figured that out, they were so out of rhythm everyone was dropping the good passes he did make. 

Vikings fans are generally blaming everyone. OC, Oline, and QB all share the load in their eyes. But they understand they are stuck with the QB and that they cant change it, so are focused on improving around him. Though some dont see it as possible. 

54 minutes ago, Redd said:

I think if Kirk had the sane Vikings team as last year he would look a lot better.  I'm sure I read Cousins saying the Vikings season would be on him if he couldn't even get them to the NFC championship like last year.  He still got time though.

The Vikings are a Top 5 Defense right now.  And in the past 4 games they have been top 2 in Defense, but Kirk has 5 4th QTR Turnovers in the 3 loses!!!!

The Vikings are the same team.  To put it bluntly, they downgraded their talent at the QB position.  Keenum, for all his faults, is a very able scrambler who makes plays off-schedule and can keep the chains moving.

Kirk brings none of those intangibles to the table.  In fact, Kirk may have the least amount of “intangibles” of any big-name QB I can think of.  He makes Matt Ryan look like Fran Tarkenton.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You cannot blame the Vikings Defense.  They held Chicago to 14 points but Kirk had a pick 6, They held Brady to 24 with Kirk throwing 2 INT, they held Seattle to 14 with Kirk giving up a fumble TD.  Actually since the return of Griffen they have been 1 of the best defenses in the NFL

2 minutes ago, dckey said:

You cannot blame the Vikings Defense.  They held Chicago to 14 points but Kirk had a pick 6, They held Brady to 24 with Kirk throwing 2 INT, they held Seattle to 14 with Kirk giving up a fumble TD.  Actually since the return of Griffen they have been 1 of the best defenses in the NFL

I didn't know this.  If Vikings let go of Zimmer I hope the Redskins get him and fire Jay.

• Like 1