Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

zskins

8 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

When Kirk initially left, Bruce Allen was the villain, for "allowing" him to leave.

It’s not that he let him leave, it’s that he let  the relationship get so bad that he wanted to leave.  And then got absolutely nothing in return.  No matter what people think of Kirk Cousins, that’s a massive screw up by a GM.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

20 hours ago, Tsailand said:

https://www.dangerrangerbear.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/IMG_4122.jpg

This thread after another big win by Kirk.

He's now at 30,000 career passing yards; our franchise leaderboard tops out at 25,000

Come back and talk to me when Kirk takes his team deep into the playoff and wins the Lombardi. The Vikes thought they were QB away from getting into the SB and thought Kirk was that guy. You don't pay that much money for a mid-tier QB.... oh wait. The Vikes are still waiting. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

13 minutes ago, zskins said:

Come back and talk to me when Kirk takes his team deep into the playoff and wins the Lombardi. The Vikes thought they were QB away from getting into the SB and thought Kirk was that guy. You don't pay that much money for a mid-tier QB.... oh wait. The Vikes are still waiting. 

You don’t?

Ryan Tannehill is on a 4 year 118 million contract

Stafford 5 years 135 million

Jared Goff 4 years 134 million 

Carson Wentz 4 years 128 million

Jimmy Garapolo 5 years 137 million

You can argue that you don’t think it’s wise, that you think having a bad QB is better than over paying for a good one, but you can’t tell me guys that are barely more than proven starters in this league aren’t getting paid huge contracts.  They most certainly are.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Kirk has $45M guaranteed next year.

That’s on the Vikings for how they’ve structured his contracts.  Kirk is on a 2 year 66 million dollar deal. 

if you look at total cash earning for 2022 he's second among QBs at 35 million.  Feels insane, but he’s 13th this season at 21 million.  How teams work their cap is up to their business side to handle.  

(Speaking of insanity, Dak is 1st this season with a stunning 75 million cash.)

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Man, Kirktober is taking over the mods.

You don’t like Kirk Cousins for personal reasons.  Not sure when he kicked your dog but you didn’t even like him when he was here and playing well.  

I think Kirk is essentially an overpaid Joe Flacco or Eli Manning.  He’s going to go far with an awesome team around him, but he isn’t carrying a bad team anywhere.  He’s certainly overpaid too, but he’s got plenty of company in that category.

my issue isn’t with Kirk being here or in a minny, it’s my hatred for a Bruce Allen.  He mishandled our most valuable asset, and no matter what you think about Kirk, he was that.  

1 hour ago, Destino said:

You don’t?

You can argue that you don’t think it’s wise, that you think having a bad QB is better than over paying for a good one, but you can’t tell me guys that are barely more than proven starters in this league aren’t getting paid huge contracts.  They most certainly are.

Okay but wasn't Kirk paid all that before the above mentioned QBs got paid? Inflation happens. 

By the way, when I created this thread it clearly says TOPS biggest contracts. Vikes overpaid for a middle of the pack QB. ;)

Kirk set the tone for other QBs too. I call it the Kirk Cuz Effect..lol :P

Edited by zskins

21 hours ago, Destino said:

You don’t?

3 of those 5 are considered not worth their contracts and got fired or will be fired as soon as the dead cap doesn't become a total embarrassment to them. 1 of them is still kind of overrated for being Derrick Henry's ball holder.

I don't hate Cousins for leaving the team. I hate Cousins for fancying himself a plexiglass-encased preacher who speaks the good word of "I'm not taking all this money for  my own benefit, I'm taking it to help other QBs on the market when their contracts come up. Oh yeah, and that $84 million is guaranteed."

Edited by NickyJ
  • Thanks 1

I don't think Kirk is someone who can allow you to know if you have an awesome team around him and no he's not going to go far.  But careers at that position being what they are, and long, maybe this year is the year.  What's his record against winning teams?  7 and 40 what? 

On 10/17/2021 at 11:51 PM, Tsailand said:

https://www.dangerrangerbear.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/IMG_4122.jpg

This thread after another big win by Kirk.

He's now at 30,000 career passing yards; our franchise leaderboard tops out at 25,000

"Where's your dignity?"

4 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Except when he goes 13-3 with Keenum under center, of course.

In 2017 he had the best defense in the NFL, and the second-most rush attempts in the NFL. 

He's a good defensive coach, but his offensive philosophy is stuck in 1975.

50 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

In 2017 he had the best defense in the NFL, and the second-most rush attempts in the NFL. 

He's a good defensive coach, but his offensive philosophy is stuck in 1975.

Love the profile picture.  Awesome.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tsailand said:

If Dak can't go, Mike Zimmer will run the ball 50 times.  He always coaches down to the other team.

This upcoming game leaves me with a lot of mixed feelings.  As much as I love the Cowboys, I have only ever been to 3 of their actual games.  I live in South Dakota, so the closest NFL stadiums to me are in Minneapolis and Kansas City.  I have been thinking I should go to another game before I die.  To give you a hint about how long it has been... the last game I went to, I got to experience the frustration of watching Deion Sanders looking good in warm ups, then not playing against KC.

When this year's schedule came out, I knew I didn't want to watch Mahomes carve up Dallas while I sat in the cold.  I thought about going to the Vikes/Cowboys game, but didn't want to shell out a ton of $ with the risk of covid shutting down fan attendance.  The past few weeks, I have been thinking I wish I had taken the leap.  With the news about Dak being questionable, I wonder if I dodged a bullet.  

I want Dallas to win this week.  However, there is a part of me that will feel better about my decision not to go... if Dallas ends up getting smoked.