Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

zskins

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The key to Kirk Cousins succeeding this season is to bench Dalvin Cook.

They should trade Dalvin Cook. To us. He's snake bitten, they should pay us to take him.

I fully support this idea. 

For kirks success, i mean. not ours. No way..... :)  

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/28/2021 at 2:44 PM, justice98 said:

I think if you did a blind resume of his stat lines, you'd say this dude was killing it.  His numbers say he's been dominating the league for the last 7 years. Except that W-L record is very pedestrian.

When you put those stats in context, though, not so much...

59 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Is that good?

Well if the numbers here are correct: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/kirk-cousins-9915/cash-earnings/

Then so far Cousins has earned just under $162 million so far in his career (including this year). So if you divide that by 7, he's earned just over $23 million per win against winning teams.

That's a pretty damn good deal for Cousins.

Vikings get a TD in the first quarter and then nothing for the next quarters. With little over 6 minutes left Kirk had the opportunity to tie the game. He throws a deep ball and looked very impressive until it ended up in an INT instead...lol

Then with over 2 minutes left on 4th and 3 he throws a bad pass. Got bailed out by a penalty and still couldn't muster a comeback. He did throw a hail marry type of throw with 3 seconds left and it was intercepted instead. 

There were more highlight of the game about the Browns than there were of Kirk...lol 

On 9/27/2021 at 6:54 PM, NickyJ said:

The key to Kirk Cousins succeeding this season is to bench Dalvin Cook.

They should trade Dalvin Cook. To us. He's snake bitten, they should pay us to take him.

Dalvin played yesterday. Cousins lost. It's time, Vikings. The age of Dalvin is over.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Morneblade said:

Which is why I LOVE what we have right now so much.

“I can throw it over someone’s head, I can throw it up for grabs. or I can take the completion,” Cousins said when asked about the pass to Conklin that took the Vikings from the 32-yard line to the 26. “Let’s at least buy ourselves more time before we have to (go to the end zone) and potentially give it over the defense if it’s a tough look.” 

That answer is Cousins in a nutshell. He’s almost robotic in the way he trusts his reads more than he trusts his weapons."

Yeah, this is the anti-Heinicke mindset lol...

• Haha 5
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Tsailand said:

https://www.dangerrangerbear.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/IMG_4122.jpg

This thread after another big win by Kirk.

He's now at 30,000 career passing yards; our franchise leaderboard tops out at 25,000

It's a weird situation.

When Kirk initially left, Bruce Allen was the villain, for "allowing" him to leave.

Now, Kirk is the villain, for "leaving".

I don't think that both can be true.

But I don't care one way or another. I don't have a dog in the fight. And I don't judge others.

But I'm always prime for a good joke once in a while !

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

When Kirk initially left, Bruce Allen was the villain, for "allowing" him to leave.

I won't speak for anybody else, but for me, Bruce was a dumbass for letting him walk away in FA and tagging him twice instead of getting any kind of trade value knowing damn well he wasn't gonna stay.

Kirk hasn't been worth what he's been paid the last 5 years, but I'm certainly not gonna be the guy who bags on players for "robbing" billionaire owners of 8 figures a year. He played the system well and won.