Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

10 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Kirk is the one laughing... All the way to the bank. Watch the Colts sign him.

Well Kirk wanted the most money and a championship.  Jets offered him more than the Vikings back then but Cousins went with a Super Bowl ready team with the Vikings and Kirk'ed it all up. 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Redd said:

Well Kirk wanted the most money and a championship.  Jets offered him more than the Vikings back then but Cousins went with a Super Bowl ready team with the Vikings and Kirk'ed it all up. 

Yup...went to a super bowl ready team....and kirked it up....

;)

• Haha 4

The cereal thing reminds me of the days when we argued over if Griffin having a logo made him a diva and focused on the wrong things and then a year later Kirk had a logo and we loved that mother ****er so much anyway lol. Got damn if only I could go back and be more right hahahahaha 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Llevron said:

The cereal thing reminds me of the days when we argued over if Griffin having a logo made him a diva and focused on the wrong things and then a year later Kirk had a logo and we loved that mother ****er so much anyway lol. Got damn if only I could go back and be more right hahahahaha 

You didn't love it. You Viked it.

• Haha 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Kirk makes Sundays enjoyable. When my heart gets stomped on during our games, other people say to stop and smell the flowers. I don't. I stop and look at Kirk's first half stats. It sustains me. It's that wholesome feeling of wrapping myself in a warm blanket, sipping a cup of cocoa, and gazing out the window into the pouring rain that's falling on my mortal enemy's parade.

• Haha 6

1) Cook goes wild and carries the team to the brink of the playoffs.

2) Kirk grins his way to week 17 throwing 15 passes a game but makes a super clutch play late to get the Vikings into the playoffs.

3) Vikings get beaten 38-13 in the first round.

4) Vikings sign Cousins to a 2 year/65M extension to create cap space.

*evil laugh*

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

On 11/14/2020 at 10:29 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

1) Cook goes wild and carries the team to the brink of the playoffs.

2) Kirk grins his way to week 17 throwing 15 passes a game but makes a super clutch play late to get the Vikings into the playoffs.

3) Vikings get beaten 38-13 in the first round.

4) Vikings sign Cousins to a 2 year/65M extension to create cap space.

*evil laugh*

*3)...by the Washington Football Team!

• Haha 2

Despite today's win, I can't help feel that the Vikings getting Cousins is one of those lose-lose situations. They are not a better team relative to the contract they gave him. The Redskins are a worse team without him.  Both teams screwed up.

Now, I get that Washington by the end had no chance to resign Cousins, but the Vikings can't really think that he has been worth that contract either.

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

If we had Cousins this year we'd be at least 7-4 and be running away with the division.

Counter-point, if Alex Smith had started (and played like he has been the last 3.5 games), the WFT would be 7-4 and running away with the division.

And Cousins cost a hell of a lot more. 

The sin of the entire Cousins situation was in the off-season leading up to the 2016 season when they didn't work out a long-term deal with him, and franchised a 10-15 QB for top 5 money.  Once you've done that, you're cooked.  That's where the mistake was made. 

I also said after the 2016 season they should have moved on from Jay immediately, and they should have promoted McVay, and let him make the decision if he wanted to keep Kirk or not.  If not, then let him walk and find another QB a different way.

In typical WFT fashion under Dan and Bruce, they did everything wrong.  They franchised Kirk for a second time, the next season (leading into 2017) extended Gruden, and completely screwed up the franchise.  We were stuck paying top 5 money for a top 10-15 QB, and a loser coach.  Oh, and we let the 2 best offensive weapons we had walk just for fun because we thought Doctson and Ryan Grant were starting WRs.  God, the 2016 off-season was just so unbelievably stupid. It makes me physically ill.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
31 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We had Alex Smith and lost to the Lions and Giants twice. I'm just not sold.

Alex didn't play until the second game with the Giants. The Lions game was close and lost by 3. If Alex had played from the 1st game then there would have been more Wins in the W column. 

Kirk should be better this season but he is no better than Alex. 

1 hour ago, zskins said:

Alex didn't play until the second game with the Giants. The Lions game was close and lost by 3. If Alex had played from the 1st game then there would have been more Wins in the W column. 

Kirk should be better this season but he is no better than Alex. 

There is no universe where Alex Smith's checkdowning and 13 completions for under 80 yards is better then Kirk Cousins. You're crazy.

• Like 1