Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

• 2 weeks later...

Reading the Vikings message board.  Good times.  Rumor is that Cousins forced Diggs out with Bible-thumping preaching.

I must say, at least the Skins got it right by not giving that guy tons of money.  Lots of Vikings fans want to cut him and take the crippling cap hit.

3 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Reading the Vikings message board.  Good times.  Rumor is that Cousins forced Diggs out with Bible-thumping preaching.

I must say, at least the Skins got it right by not giving that guy tons of money.  Lots of Vikings fans want to cut him and take the crippling cap hit.

My Vikings friend hit me with a Tank for Trevor message after their game against the Packers. I thought he was joking. He probably was. I don't think he's joking anymore.

• Haha 2

Kirk, as always, has ebbs and flows. But he is not a $30M/year guy. Never was. He’s not that guy.

He’s an adequate starting QB in the NFL who will help you sometimes, hurt you once in awhile, but mostly allow the talent you have to have a chance to win. 

This is why some stress keeping your QB on a rookie contract and treating the position like college.

I think that’s a great approach unless you have a top 8 guy. Then pay them well. Top 4, pay them whatever.

Save your cap for building the support cast around them. Don’t have that guy? Build your line. 

Cousins has NEVER been too 8. Maybe top 15.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Did Veryoldschool finally commit and join the Vikings message board?...

Did you honestly think he'd post with the games KC has done? He'll appear when KC has a good game..

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Kirk will always have those 1 or 2 absolute clunker games every year. But it also doesn't appear that the Vikings have that good of a supporting cast this year. The OL is shaky and they lost Diggs.

Here we go again with the excuses. They do nothing but draft WR and OL and TE and have one of the 5 best running back situations in the NFL, yet, his supporting cast is weak.

Give me a break.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Far from a cure, Kirk Cousins is what ails the Vikings

https://www.startribune.com/souhan-far-from-a-cure-cousins-is-what-ails-the-vikings/572789842/

Signing Cousins as a free agent made sense. The Vikings, internally, did not trust Case Keenum, and they felt like a solid quarterback could put them over the top.

The second contract? That’s the killer. Cousins would cost $41 million against the salary cap in 2021 if they cut him after this season. Cutting him doesn’t become affordable until 2022, when he would cause a $10 million dead-cap hit.

They’re stuck with him for at least another year, in part because of his contract, and in part because the Vikings have failed to develop their own quarterbacks since Teddy Bridgewater’s knee injury in 2016.

We Are Laughing GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Barry.Randolphe
  • Haha 4