Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think it's an ironic point though to make on this thread.

Did you take that personally?

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't post much on this thread. 

You post every time he wins or is on a streak and when he loses its 🦗.

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

Did you take that personally?

Not sure what you mean by take it personally. If that means was I offended by it?  No, i wasn't as to that post.  I find your last post to me slightly offensive though because you throw a snarky shot in it that has no basis in truth.   But that's fine I get its a hot button topic.

Did I think you were referring to me in the mix?  Sure, I posted about Bruce just above your post.   That's fine and I responded in kind.  You thought people should get over Bruce since it's been a week now.  I said I think if we are talking about getting over things the point is more apt to Kirk (not Bruce) since 2 years is a long time and a week not so much. 

You post every time he wins or is on a streak and when he loses its 🦗.

🤣 I guess that's a snarky comment for the sake of being snarky since its not even close to being true.  Check my posting history on this thread.  Kirk has had many more ups than downs for the last two years.  I rarely posted at all -- ups or downs.    

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Califan,

i don’t like the Vikings chances   because I think Zimmer is cautious to the point of being a success governor who reduces their chances against good teams.  Zimmer tried unsuccessfully to sit on his lead against New Orleans and it nearly cost him the game.  Kirk’s OT heroics saved him but only because New Orleans failed to exploit opportunities regulation , I doubt Zimmer will be as lucky in SF.

I fear Zimmer will waste too many possessions trying to run and eat clock and stick Cousins in too many 3rd and obvious passing situations behind an OL that is effective zone run blockers but weak pass protectors in 3rd and obvious situations.

That said,  you better get some bigger pins for your voodoo doll and a young chicken to sacrifice because you and the other Kirk deniers are going to be laughingstocks again if Cousins comes up aces in SF.  

I think SF has a better defense and Kyle is superior to Zimmer so I think Shanny moves on and if that is the case I hope Shanny wins it all because it will be mortifying to Snyder and Allen.

Edited by Veryoldschool
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's fine and I responded in kind.  You thought people should get over Bruce since it's been a week now.  I said I think if we are talking about getting over things the point is more apt to Kirk (not Bruce) since 2 years is a long time and a week not so much. 

The difference is that there's a legitimate debate to be had about Kirk but there is nothing worthy of debating when it comes to Bruce.  

The Kirk story keepings developing, Bruce has no story, he's not interesting and there is no debate to be had concerning him.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The difference is that there's a legitimate debate to be had about Kirk but there is nothing worthy of debating when it comes to Bruce.  

The Kirk story keepings developing, Bruce has no story, he's not interesting and there is no debate to be had concerning him.

That's your opinion.  And you got a right to it.  You were the one who opened the topic of judging that people should move on from Bruce since time has passed and he's no longer with the Redskins with your "my god, move on" comment.  I just don't think that anyone who posts on the Kirk thread (including me even though I don't post on it much) for the last two years could easily tell others to move on from another ex-Redskins because a dude has been gone from the Redskins a mere one week.   And that's just my opinion so I expressed it. 

I don't think "moving on" is an operate point of this thread, it's kind of the opposite of that concept.  And that's fine. To each their own on that front.  But you brought up the moving on stuff and I simply responded.  Kirk might be as you say a running story.  But that running story is his Vikings career.   I personally find the damage Bruce left in his wake and the efforts to recover from it more relevant to the current Redskins than Kirk.   But that's me. My opinion.  To each their own. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
34 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I couldn’t watch the game much, I saw a couple drives.  

It looked like the 49ers pass rush overwhelmed the Vikings OL, Kirk was hitting check downs, and they couldn’t run the ball.

Did I miss anything?

That’s basically the story. He missed a few open guys. Diggs dropped more passes than he caught. Play calling like they don’t trust him. Same **** different L 

Edited by Llevron
On 1/11/2020 at 11:46 PM, Llevron said:

That’s basically the story. He missed a few open guys. Diggs dropped more passes than he caught. Play calling like they don’t trust him. Same **** different L 

Reading Vikings message boards apparently Diggs has a 50/50 reputation with drops.  It’s just something they live with because he makes big plays (when he doesn’t drop them).  

After watching the Vikings get overwhelmed by the Packers pass rush a few weeks back, I didn’t give them much of a shot to beating the 49ers.  The 49ers dominated the line is scrimmage.  The Vikings couldn’t even block well enough for Cook to make some noise, he finished with 9 attempts for 18 yards.  

Vikings need to completely retool their offensive line and maybe their line coaching.   

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Destino said:

Reading Vikings message boards apparently Diggs has a 50/50 reputation with drops.  It’s just something they live with because he makes big plays (when he doesn’t drop them).  

Josh Doctson fits that team like a glove lol

• Haha 4
5 hours ago, Destino said:

The Vikings couldn’t even block well enough for Cook to make some noise, he finished with 9 attempts for 18 yards.  

Vikings need to completely retool their offensive line and maybe their line coaching.   

That's the way I looked at it. Cousins couldn't do much with the running game on hold. That left the 49ers doing what Kirk can't deal with when he has to rely on passing most of the time... blitz. They should go after Callahan.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/kirk-cousins/

2018 Passing Opportunity

Deep ball completion 36.15%

rank #15th

Analyze

Snap Share Team Pass Plays Attempts Red Zone Attempts Deep Ball Attempts Supporting Cast Efficiency Protection Rate
100.0% 40.4 p/g 606  (37.9 p/g) 72  (4.5 p/g) 63  (3.9 p/g) +3.60 76.1%
#1 #6 #4 #11 #14 #16 #33

2019 Passing Opportunity

Deep ball completion 40.4%

rank #10th

Analyze

Snap Share Team Pass Plays Per Game Attempts Red Zone Attempts Deep Ball Attempts Supporting Cast Efficiency Protection Rate
100.0% 30.9  (2.21 pace) 444  (29.6 p/g) 52  (3.5 p/g) 57  (3.8 p/g) +16.43 88.1%
#1 #31 #24 #27 #17 #2 #2
Edited by FrFan
6 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

There wasn't much blitz, it was straight up their front 4 destroying the Viking in front of them for the most part.  

Yeah, they did so well that it seemed like blitzing :P Kyle knew what would razzle Kirk once the running game never took off.

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Did they, i thought doctson was still on IR 

He was let go: He was activated on November 15, 2019 prior to Week 11. He played seven snaps without making a reception in the Vikings' 27–23 comeback win over the Denver Broncos, but was waived during the team's bye week on November 26, 2019.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I wrote this in another thread, but it bares repeating.   

This is the year that the Kurt Kontract Kills the Vikings.  

They currently have 42 players under contract for 2020.  They currently are 5.4 million over the cap.  So if they fill out their roster with vet min guys, they will be over $10 million OVER the cap.

Unless they extend Cousins, there is nothing they can do with his contract to get cap relief.    

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, hatchetwound said:

I wrote this in another thread, but it bares repeating.   

This is the year that the Kurt Kontract Kills the Vikings.  

They currently have 42 players under contract for 2020.  They currently are 5.4 million over the cap.  So if they fill out their roster with vet min guys, they will be over $10 million OVER the cap.

Unless they extend Cousins, there is nothing they can do with his contract to get cap relief.    

I see a new Free Safety for the Redskins...thank you Vikings & Kirk!

• Like 1