Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

9 hours ago, wit33 said:

The Vikings are literally top 5 in points per game allowed and forced TOs, but the defense gets crucified in here. No defense in today’s NFL is going to dominate in 80% of games with the rules as they are. 

Expecting a defense to shut down the elite teams/QBs isn’t realistic. The key will be for Kirk to establish momentum when opportunities present themselves or shift it at times when needed. Blows will be exchanged by all units, but the QB will have the most control over it.  Hence, why he and Brees are paid a lot. 

I believe it’s 8th in points allowed, 5th in sacks and 4th in turnovers forced.

Which is a pretty awesome defense, really.

Like Kirk, the Vikes D appears to feast, against lesser opponents.  Their corners are terrible.  Not a chance in the world no matter how Kirk plays, the Vikings win in NO.  I'm taking the Saints giving up the 8.

For Kirk, he just has to let it rip for the Vikings to have any chance at all.  If they can't get the running game going and they don't run routes to move the chains, he'll sit in there and get pulverized just like he seems to do every single time he faces a good defensive line.  For all the talk of him being a choker that shrivels under the bright lights, I find that to be lazy.  What happens in these 'big' games is they are against good teams, that pin their ears back and feast on him because they know he's not going to make them pay with his legs.  In my opinion, that will be the reason he doesn't get it done in these 'big' games vs. him being scared.  We saw flashes of him trying to evolve his game a bit and make plays off schedule but I just don't think it's in him and will ultimately be what prevents him from ever being considered great or shedding the stigma he's a choker.

• Like 1

If they call the right game for him dude will be ok. Throw it fast on 1st. Run/PA on second and short/med and if they can keep the theme like that it will be fine. Mix in enough screens to keep them guessing and he can make it look good. I dont really think hes a choke artist, I just think hes not good enough to make a play on his own. They have to help him. Which is fine to me most QBs are this way. 

I think they lose, I think he makes it look atleast acceptable for him by taking the easy passes with little yac. The more they run the ball the better off they will be offensively. 

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Like Kirk, the Vikes D appears to feast, against lesser opponents.  Their corners are terrible.  Not a chance in the world no matter how Kirk plays, the Vikings win in NO.  I'm taking the Saints giving up the 8.

Generally the case with most Top 5-10 type defenses. Those are the games a defense pads it’s stats and the like. Sure, there’s an elite or all timer type defense that comes along and is the primary catalyst to a team being great, but that’s becoming less and less, but still happens (Broncos being the most recent). 

30 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Generally the case with most Top 5-10 type defenses. Those are the games a defense pads it’s stats and the like. Sure, there’s an elite or all timer type defense that comes along and is the primary catalyst to a team being great, but that’s becoming less and less, but still happens (Broncos being the most recent). 

As with most positions, units, etc., stats only tell part of the story.  If you’ve watched the Vikings this season, you’ve seen their corners get abused and the defense not stop the run when needed.  There are several reasons nobody on earth is taking them this weekend, and only one of them is Kirk.  I wouldn’t expect that any team in the NFL has a good chance to go down there and win.  I’d go so far as to say that if the Vikings do win it will require an all world performance on both sides of the ball.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

As with most positions, units, etc., stats only tell part of the story.  If you’ve watched the Vikings this season, you’ve seen their corners get abused and the defense not stop the run when needed.  There are several reasons nobody on earth is taking them this weekend, and only one of them is Kirk.  I wouldn’t expect that any team in the NFL has a good chance to go down there and win.  I’d go so far as to say that if the Vikings do win it will require an all world performance on both sides of the ball.

This is where it becomes incredibly subjective and nuanced, as I believe the Vikings have the talent to have a chance at various moments to seize momentum for certain periods of time (5min, 10min, or incredibly fortunate a quarter), but most likely, there will be moments Kirk will have to reverse the momentum to keep the team in it.

For example, if the score at half is Saints 10 and Vikings 7 in my view, that would be a failed opportunity for Kirk and offense to seize control of the momentum in the game, no matter the result, even if the defense collapsed in the second half. 

20 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

He will throw 0 Td's but have 4 interceptions.   

Some posters are still stuck in 2014.

Here in 2020, we already know how to beat Kirk: A relentless pass rush against his garbage O-line.  You'll get sacks, maybe a fumble, and most of all, Kirk won't be able to get the passing game in rhythm.  Lots of three-and-outs.

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Here in 2020, we already know how to beat Kirk: A relentless pass rush against his garbage O-line.  You'll get sacks, maybe a fumble, and most of all, Kirk won't be able to get the passing game in rhythm.  Lots of three-and-outs.

Everything you said is correct, but it would really do wonders for the dude to make plays off schedule, and I'm convinced that's just never going to happen and will be the reason he never becomes great.

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

it would really do wonders for the dude to make plays off schedule,

He just needs to put that on his schedule, the one that plans ever day in 15 minute chunks.

"1pm-1:15 PM: Make plays off-schedule.  1:15-1:30 PM: Make plays off schedule." etc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 1/2/2020 at 6:07 PM, JSSkinz said:

I think this game will be a lot closer than many expect and I think if Cook is healthy the Vikes can beat the Saints.

Kirk made the plays at the end, breakthrough game for him and he deserves credit.  He didn't do much all game but when it was on the line he threw the dime to Theilen.

I'm surprised so many thought this would be a route, even the Kirk lovers which I'm not.

On another note Drew Brees was horrid, how do you fumble that ball when in scoring position so late in the game, he's supposed to be the all mighty Drew Brees, he got outplayed by Kirk.  This is karma for all the ****in last year and the lawsuits, happy to see the Saints go down.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Kirk won that game, nothing else to be said. The Theilen pass and the final one to Rudolph were picture perfect.

Good for you. I don't always agree with you but man he did. And boy did he need to. What horrible albatross he was carrying on his back.

I said to my brother when OT started they just need let him loose.  And boom there it was.

• Like 1

Bruce canned by his pal Dan is a fashion where it was good riddance and let's build a good culture for a change.

The dude that Bruce made a rich man and Bruce looked stupid doing so via his dumb franchise tags and stupid statements -- made the playoffs and helped his team win on the road as an underdog.

Trent might be coming back now that Bruce is gone

Hopefully Dan gets his act together for a change next😀  

giphy.gif

Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 4.59.59 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6