zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

6 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

That was Tampa Bay 2.0. Good to see he can beat 3 win teams.

The Vikings have are 3-1 against teams over .500 this year. Spare me this garbage narrative.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

The Vikings have are 3-1 against teams over .500 this year. Spare me this garbage narrative.

You disagree with the narrative that he can orchestrate comebacks against 3 win teams?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

You disagree with the narrative that he can orchestrate comebacks against 3 win teams?

Your post implies that the feat is not impressive because Denver only has 3 wins, piggy backing on the "Cousins can't beat good teams" argument.

Its hard to win in the NFL. We just got boat raced by a 2 win team. A 20 point comeback is impressive. Cousins has been awesome this year, probably top 5 in the MVP discussion(won't win obviously because Jackson/Wilson/McCaffery are better) and easily a top 5 QB.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Hope the haters are happy.

I came here expecting to see a bunch of hater posts from when they were down 20-0 in the first half.  Guess even the haters have learned not to count Kirk out before the clock hits 0:00

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Your post implies that the feat is not impressive because Denver only has 3 wins, piggy backing on the "Cousins can't beat good teams" argument.

Its hard to win in the NFL. We just got boat raced by a 2 win team. A 20 point comeback is impressive. Cousins has been awesome this year, probably top 5 in the MVP discussion(won't win obviously because Jackson/Wilson/McCaffery are better) and easily a top 5 QB.

Seriously, it was a good win, even if he needed the comeback because they were outscored by the Redskins for half the game. It wasn't the headliner game that last week's was, but he's got to put away the small teams too, and he did that today. He had to work without the running game, so this game was entirely on him.

Cook ran for 26 yards. KC passed for over 300 and 3Tds, 0 Ints.

Imagine how close we'd be if we still had KC here! :cheers:

Redskins fans keep saying that we're due to find a franchise QB.

Um, let's just keep pretending that the team didn't already doofus theirs out of town.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

What in his behavior makes you think Cousins wanted to stay here?  I don't see anything to suggest that was the case.  Maybe before his first franchise tag he was still open to it (or alternatively, if Skins paid all guaranteed, and no one else bit with a similar offer) but that wasn't what happened.  I do think they screwed up by not finding a way to trade him for something of value.  

• Thanks 1

Cousins would never have been here what he is there. We don’t have that team. I don’t mean to diminish his accomplishments at all, but he could never have developed here. He’s getting better because of his better environment.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Cousins would never have been here what he is there. We don’t have that team. I don’t mean to diminish his accomplishments at all, but he could never have developed here. He’s getting better because of his better environment.

You're probably right but he was damn good for most of the 2015-2017 stretch.

Our only period of two straight winning seasons was with Cousins as the QB. Now we're back to 5-11 land. Wait, we aren't even at 5 wins anymore.

• Like 3

I mean in the alternate reality where the team was ran by professionals. I.E. Bumbling Bruce ****canned along with Shanahan and real football people running the team since. Cousins would have been our franchise QB and would have wanted to be resigned here.

In the actual world that we live in where moronic ineptitude rules each and every day I agree there was never any point in keeping him and he isn't stupid enough to not be aware of the buffoonery.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Birdlives said:

I mentioned this in Haskins thread.  Dwayne may develop into a fine QB but I think that probably won't happen with the Redskins.  Kirk went to a better team and after a bad first season and shakey start this year, he's rebounded.  

I seriously doubt Cousin would've been any better with us than he was.  That should make everyone depressed for whatever happens with Dwayne or even if we draft a QB in 2020.

On 11/17/2019 at 1:26 PM, Warhead36 said:

Can you tell me who those three teams over .500 are that the Vikings have beat?...Not "at the time they played them", but teams that are currently over .500, because that's been the issue. It's about how good teams show themselves to be all season long, not whether or not they had a winning record going into week 6.

Nobody gives a rat's ass if Cousins beat the 1-0 Rams, even though they had a winning record "at the time they played them". Nobody gives a rat's ass if Alex Smith beat the 3-1 Panthers, even though they had a winning record "at the time they played them".

Edited by Califan007

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:38 AM, BleedBNG said:

This would be his first win against the Cowboys with them using a first string QB. He did pretty good I'll have to admit. With their running game and their defense showing up, it's hard to say how far he can take them. 

Worth every penny.

8 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Nobody gives a rat's ass if Cousins beat the 1-0 Rams, even though they had a winning record "at the time they played them". 

The 2017 rams that we beat in week 2? They finished at 11-5. Why wouldn’t anybody give a rats *** about cousins beating them? 

12 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The 2017 rams that we beat in week 2? They finished at 11-5. Why wouldn’t anybody give a rats *** about cousins beating them? 

Because it doesn't fit the narrative.   Shhhhhh......

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

No, the 2015 Rams we beat in week 2. They finished 7-9. Do you give a rat's ass that he beat them because they had a winning record "at the time he played them"?

Edited by Califan007

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

No, the 2015 Rams we beat in week 2. They finished 7-9. Do you give a rat's ass that he beat them because they had a winning record "at the time he played them"?

You probably should’ve clarified the year you were talking about then 😂 you can understand the confusion there, since 2015 was not the only time we’ve played them week 2 with Kirk as QB. since you’re talking about 2015, yes you’re correct. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

The goalposts move in both directions with Kirk haters.  If he beats a team with a winning record, and that team later falls under .500, the win doesn't count.  If he beats a team with a bad record, and that team later pulls it together to go over .500, the win doesn't count, because the team was under .500 when he played them.   If he beats a good team that stays good, it's because they were injured or had a bad gameplan the week they played him.

Any loss whatsoever proves Kirk is not a franchise QB.  If it's a bad team -- he's a choker.  If it's a good team - he can't win when it matters.  If it's in prime time -- he can't win in prime time.  If it's in December or the playoffs, he's a choker again.

1 hour ago, Tsailand said:

The goalposts move in both directions with Kirk haters.  If he beats a team with a winning record, and that team later falls under .500, the win doesn't count.  If he beats a team with a bad record, and that team later pulls it together to go over .500, the win doesn't count, because the team was under .500 when he played them.   If he beats a good team that stays good, it's because they were injured or had a bad gameplan the week they played him.

Any loss whatsoever proves Kirk is not a franchise QB.  If it's a bad team -- he's a choker.  If it's a good team - he can't win when it matters.  If it's in prime time -- he can't win in prime time.  If it's in December or the playoffs, he's a choker again.

I’ll also say it’s wild how long they are holding onto this.  But given the Skins status, I guess this is all they got.  And I can’t lie, my only interest in it is the fact that when he’s good, it burns the souls of Dan, Bruce, and the gang here who all but carried the dudes furniture to the moving truck.  Hurt people hurt people, they say.

• Like 1

Doctson doesn't deserve his own thread, so I'll just leave this here:

https://www.twincities.com/2019/10/30/vikings-josh-doctson-returns-to-practice-hopeful-of-playing-nov-10-at-dallas/

“I’m ready, but that’s not up to me,’’ Doctson said. “So I’m just trying to do what I can do and show that I’m 100 percent on the practice field first. After that, we’ll see.’’

Doctson was waived by Washington on Aug. 31 after three seasons and signed Sept. 3 with the Vikings. He hurt his hamstring in practice Sept. 11.

“It was good,’’ Doctson said of returning to practice. “It was like riding a bike, just trying to get my feet back under me and take it slow and ease into it.’’

Doctson said his hamstring “feels great” but added, “The thing with those hamstrings is you want to keep it feeling like that. They’re kind of sneaky.’’

Head coach Mike Zimmer said before the workout the Vikings will need to evaluate Doctson in practice before determining whether he could return against the Cowboys.

19 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You probably should’ve clarified the year you were talking about then 😂 you can understand the confusion there, since 2015 was not the only time we’ve played them week 2 with Kirk as QB. since you’re talking about 2015, yes you’re correct. 

Yeah, true lol...my assumption was that everyone would know I meant 2015 but definitely should have clarified the year, too.