zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

Yeah...I guess that happens extremely often...I guess in your eyes, his receivers suck and hes the reason they are always referred to as great

Listen if you call out your QB and then play the whiney "I want a trade" bull ****, and then get targeted in games, and  proceed to drop passes - one right in your hands in the EZ,  then allow another well placed ball to bounce off your chest, and then drop  THREE easy, perfectly placed balls in open space.........  That receiver needs to learn to be quiet.  

The other thing is take a look, Cousin's is spreading the ball around even with a couple of rookies.  But I do agree thank God he has great run game this year and he has better protection upfront. 

We will see but I see him continuing to improve his game.  

Edited by skinsmania123
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Stefon Diggs is pretty damn good.  5th rounder, 6 foot tall, big ten...very similar to McLaurin, really.

He is an excellent player, I am not saying he is not.  But has had his share of drops this year, and frankly I don't particularly like when guys call other guys out directly or indirectly in the media   I never knew he was a 5th rounder. That is something I did not know. Impressive actually.

On 10/29/2019 at 10:40 AM, TryTheBeal! said:

Only three days left in Kirktober...

lcxyE0D.gif

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 3

On 10/30/2019 at 8:53 PM, skinsmania123 said:

He is an excellent player, I am not saying he is not.  But has had his share of drops this year, and frankly I don't particularly like when guys call other guys out directly or indirectly in the media   I never knew he was a 5th rounder. That is something I did not know. Impressive actually.

Redskins had their chance at him, but chose Crowder instead....stupid stupid stupid

• Sad 1

It is almond comical how a team with Cousins can't beat a team with a winning record. Even if they are starting Matt Moore instead of the league MVP. Just can't get it done twice in the 4th quarter no matter what.

When with the Redskins he had an actual excuse because the defense was typically horrid but now it's just funny.

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Vikings at Cowboys on Sunday Night...anybody care to offer a prediction?

With less than 30 seconds left. The Vikes are on the 10 yard line and still have a timeout left. It is 1 and 10. Kirk throws a fade that goes out of bounds. It is now 2nd and 10. Kirk is sacked for 10 yard lose. It is now 3rd and 20... Kirk has to make this count as they are down by 6. Kirk is intercepted in the End Zone. Game over. 

52 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Vikings at Cowboys on Sunday Night...anybody care to offer a prediction?

I think the cowboys are a better team, but i know I’ll be cheering for Kirk and the Vikings. Cause **** the Cowboys. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

It is almond comical how a team with Cousins can't beat a team with a winning record. Even if they are starting Matt Moore instead of the league MVP. Just can't get it done twice in the 4th quarter no matter what.

Cousins had 12 over throws yesterday...a career high. And he was 0-9 when under pressure.

Imagine having QB who can throw for 3 TDs, 220 yards with no INTs and it's considered a bad day because he's best days are even better.  If only the Skins had a QB like that I'm sure they would really appreciate him, or not because they are braindead clueless.

33 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Imagine having QB who can throw for 3 TDs, 220 yards with no INTs and it's considered a bad day because he's best days are even better.  If only the Skins had a QB like that I'm sure they would really appreciate him, or not because they are braindead clueless.

Oh! Oh! I can play!

Imagine being on a playoff bound team and your $84mil/3 year fully guaranteed QB loses to a backup QB by completing only 50% of his passes (19/38) for less than 225 yards, dropping another loss to a winning team, which has always been a knock on him. Who in his last 2 drives of the game (up 23-20, then tied 23-23) went 1-4 for -7 yards?

I think the problem for many here is we can remember a QB exactly like that.

Kirk is better than any QB we've got. You're right, you win. Now that I agree with you, do I have your permission to criticize the guy for, thus far in his career, being a knock-off version of Romo?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This pic is getting a lot of mileage on the Vikings forums.  You’d think they’d be more appreciative.

2340D789-7CFE-440A-8703-F4DE7DDBD904.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

30 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

Oh! Oh! I can play!

Imagine being on a playoff bound team and your $84mil/3 year fully guaranteed QB loses to a backup QB by completing only 50% of his passes (19/38) for less than 225 yards, dropping another loss to a winning team, which has always been a knock on him. Who in his last 2 drives of the game (up 23-20, then tied 23-23) went 1-4 for -7 yards?

I think the problem for many here is we can remember a QB exactly like that.

Kirk is better than any QB we've got. You're right, you win. Now that I agree with you, do I have your permission to criticize the guy for, thus far in his career, being a knock-off version of Romo?

I remember even more clearly than you what Kirk Cousins was, he was the reason this butt dragging the bottom 3-13 team turned into a .500 team during the 3 years he started and has reverted to form now that he is gone.  That is what he was and I understood it watching it happen and judging from your post you don't get it yet.

Cousins didn't tackle the KC running back who broke a 90 yard TD nor did Cousins stop the KC offense from marching up and down the field led by Matt Moore.  Cousins didn't throw 1 single block for the running backs that day either.  Let's put that on Cousins also.  Cousins chucked and ducked for 220 yards and 3 TDs, just about all the offense the Vikings mustered that day rushing less than 100 yards.  Cousins did more than enough to win, he's teammates didn't hold up their end.

• Haha 1

The problem with the Kirk debate/discussion is it is constantly through the lens of what a garbage organization the Redskins have been.  The two things can both be true which are that Cousins was the best QB this franchise had in awhile, but also that it was more a reflection of the absolute trash that has come through the doors  to go under center over the last 20 years. 

Cousins not need be compared to QBs currently on the Redskins roster because he isn't competing for a roster spot on the Redskins.  What Cousins need to worry about is not coming up lame in the biggest moments for a second year in a row on a team with a roster built to win now, that signed Cousins to a contract that screams, "Championship run now, or bust"   That is the kind of contract he wanted, it is what he got, and he got it from a team that is pretty  much everything the Redskins weren't and still aren't.  The excuse-making for him is over. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

This pic is getting a lot of mileage on the Vikings forums.  You’d think they’d be more appreciative.

It's almost as if he's looking right at the 1st down marker as he slides lol...

• Haha 3

On 11/3/2019 at 11:14 PM, Barry.Randolphe said:

Redskins had their chance at him, but chose Crowder instead....stupid stupid stupid

Crowder was a fine player.  Can't blame us for missing on a guy that 31 other teams missed on for four straight rounds.

12 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

Imagine having QB who can throw for 3 TDs, 220 yards with no INTs and it's considered a bad day because he's best days are even better. 

VOS, he was mediocre on Sunday.  Yeah, he avoided turnovers, but his completion percentage was bad, especially on third down.

10 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Cousins was the best QB this franchise had in awhile, but also that it was more a reflection of the absolute trash that has come through the doors  to go under center over the last 20 years. 

I don't have time to make a list, but I'd say that for roughly 10-15 NFL franchises, Cousins is better than their best QB of the last 10 years. 

That's in terms of accomplishments, general ability, and the eye test; if you look strictly at rate stats, Cousins is already one of the best ever:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_adj_net_yds_per_att_career.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_cmp_perc_career.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

12 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

Cousins didn't tackle the KC running back who broke a 90 yard TD nor did Cousins stop the KC offense from marching up and down the field led by Matt Moore.  Cousins didn't throw 1 single block for the running backs that day either.  Let's put that on Cousins also.  Cousins chucked and ducked for 220 yards and 3 TDs, just about all the offense the Vikings mustered that day rushing less than 100 yards.  Cousins did more than enough to win, he's teammates didn't hold up their end.

I'll tell you what Cousins did contribute to - cash strapping the Vikings

13 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I'll tell you what Cousins did contribute to - cash strapping the Vikings

The Vikings hit the trade deadline $300,000 under the cap.

• Like 2

I have placed a small wager on the Minnesota Vikings.

Make me proud, Kirk!!

Edited by TryTheBeal!

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I have placed a small wager on the Minnesota Vikings.

Make me proud, Kirk!!

Dude is already on the road, at night, against a good team.  Now you have to put the nail in his coffin by betting on him, sheesh.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Dude is already on the road, at night, against a good team.  Now you have to put the nail in his coffin by betting on him, sheesh.

Stiffen up, Pampered.

Time to shine!

• Haha 2