zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

9 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I love how this stat is ignored when he beats teams that are above .500 at the time of playing them, as if Kirk has any bearing on the opposing team's record at the end of the year.

Probably because a 3-2 team that ends up with 7 or less wins by the end of the season means they were never really that good to begin with?  

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Probably because a 3-2 team that ends up with 7 or less wins by the end of the season means they were never really that good to begin with?  

Don't you dare tell that to the fans that want to hang a banner for last years 6-3 start for the Skins...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Like the 2018 Redskins?

53 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I love how this stat is ignored when he beats teams that are above .500 at the time of playing them, as if Kirk has any bearing on the opposing team's record at the end of the year.

Yeah...like remember when he beat the 1-0 Rams? Why doesn't that count?

41 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Don't you dare tell that to the fans that want to hang a banner for last years 6-3 start for the Skins...

27 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Like the 2018 Redskins?

Careful @Califan007 & @NoCalMike they have you cornered now lol

Edited by Llevron

44 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

30 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Like the 2018 Redskins?

Aren't you guys just backing up why it makes more sense to ignore winning records "at the time they played", and only count teams who end up with a winning record?...

My guess is you would probably laugh off any fan who used beating the Redskins last year as a testament of how good their QB is because the Skins had a winning record at the time when they won. I know on my end I was using our beating the Panthers at the time as a positive because they were 3-1, but scratched it from the list when they ended up 7-9.

Just now, Califan007 said:

Aren't you guys just backing up why it makes more sense to ignore winning records "at the time they played", and only count teams who end up with a winning record?...

My guess is you would probably laugh off any fan who used beating the Redskins last year as a testament of how good their QB is because the Skins had a winning record at the time when they won. I know on my end I was using our beating the Panthers at the time as a positive because they were 3-1, but scratched it from the list when they ended up 7-9.

Honestly, I don't have a dog in the fight.  I could really care less about QB win-loss records in general.  

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Honestly, I don't have a dog in the fight.  I could really care less about QB win-loss records in general.  

Yeah, their performance against winning teams (or good pass defenses, or in "win and go home" games) matters more than whether the team won or loss. Lots of great performances in losses around the league and lots of mediocre play in wins.

10 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

If only there was such a thing that calculated and measured the performance of a single player, that doesn't take into account a teams overall win-loss record that would measure how good a quarterback is...

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Yeah, their performance against winning teams (or good pass defenses, or in "win and go home" games) matters more than whether the team won or loss. Lots of great performances in losses around the league and lots of mediocre play in wins.

I'm also not a big believer in 'clutch' either.  Not that it doesn't exist, it's just greatly overblown.  Football is the one game where there are so many other people involved and things can go so many different ways as a result.  I can't think of another sport with more false praise and criticism than football, and in particular for both quarterbacks and coaches.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/you-like-this-kirk-cousins-an-mvp-candidate-102419

You like this? Kirk Cousins an MVP candidate

Cousins is in the second season of a fully guaranteed, three-year, $84 million deal that’s been questioned since he signed it. But his emergence coupled with Minnesota’s strong ground attack led by Dalvin Cook makes the offense quite dangerous. If Cousins keeps it up, he’ll be an MVP candidate.

That's a lot of **** they're putting next to the fan. :hitfan:

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

*insert Abe Simpson walk away gif*

Here ya go

zGHQb4O.gif

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You selling crows? Lmao

Thats legit funny lol

Don’t let Dan find out, next thing you know the crows will be licensed and he’ll be selling stale crow with a 1000% markup.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Don’t let Dan find out, next thing you know the crows will be licensed and he’ll be selling stale crow with a 1000% markup.

Crows are too smart to be caught by Dan. They use tools. 

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Crows are too smart to be caught by Dan. They use tools. 

Crows use Bruce Allens too?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Bruce Allen is a crow?

Bruce Allen is a TOOL 

ha! 

I like where this is going lolol

I hope y’all listen to chad dukes! Not that he’s making any great points. I just wanna point out he agrees with me and I bet he gets wayyyy more likes than any of you. 

Somehow Kirk manages to disappoint even in a game where he plays well and his team wins easily.

These two "Redskins Revenge" games have been a real disappointment.

Edited by Tsailand

3 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Somehow Kirk manages to disappoint even in a game where he plays well and his team wins easily.

These two "Redskins Revenge" games have been a real disappointment.

Credit where it’s due, the defense has played well overall the last two weeks.  I thought the weather and field were a great help to them last week.  But they haven’t rolled over at all when they could.

• Like 1