zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

I'm looking at the list of fully guaranteed contracts. It's a lot shorter than the list you posted. In fact, there's just one name on there. Some dude named Kurt.

My apologies, I was unaware that part bothered you so much.  To each their own.

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

I'm looking at the list of fully guaranteed contracts. It's a lot shorter than the list you posted. In fact, there's just one name on there. Some dude named Kurt.

So Kirk is the guy that has been winning off the not Bruce, interesting....

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

There are three possible explanations for that:

A] Kurt is such an amazing QB that he can command an unprecedented 100% guaranteed three year NFL contract

B] The Vikings are an idiotic organization, and that's why they gave a player a 100% guaranteed three year contract.

C] The unprecedented situation of a franchise QB in his prime becoming an unrestricted free agent, thanks to the horrible bungling of his previous team.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

A] Kurt is such an amazing QB that he can command an unprecedented 100% guaranteed three year NFL contract

B] The Vikings are an idiotic organization, and that's why they gave a player a 100% guaranteed three year contract.

C] The unprecedented situation of a franchise QB in his prime becoming an unrestricted free agent, thanks to him demanding a 3 year fully guaranteed deal from the start. 

Bruh ya boy is winning on and off the field now you dont have to make up **** to make your point lol. 

Also, any of yall envious of Minny's position right now? Dude is gonna give it to them in contract negotiations. You think we got screwed. Unless dude just stopped liking money, they are gonna payyyyyyyyyy for this hot streak. Its just like 2015. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

C] The unprecedented situation of a franchise QB in his prime becoming an unrestricted free agent, thanks to the horrible bungling of his previous team.

You didn't say whether we could pick more than 1 answer so I am going with A & C.  I am not aware of franchise stupid enough to let a young top 10 franchise QB getaway.  San Diego let Brees walk but there were mitigating circumstances with his injury so they drafted Rivers who has had a great career also.  QBs that routinely throw for 30 TDs, 10 Ints, 4,000+ yards with a 70% completion rate don't grow on trees.  This year for the first time Cousins has a balanced team supporting him including a potent running game, some pass protection, great receivers, and a capable defense.  The Vikings have settled into a nice blend of run and pass after struggling with a run-heavy offense during their first 4 games and are now red hot.  

I don't expect a major blow out on Thursday.  I think Zimmer will be content to take a comfortable 14+ lead and sit on it.  I think it will end up 24-10 after the Skins score late.  

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Bruh ya boy is winning on and off the field now you dont have to make up **** to make your point lol. 

Also, any of yall envious of Minny's position right now? Dude is gonna give it to them in contract negotiations. You think we got screwed. Unless dude just stopped liking money, they are gonna payyyyyyyyyy for this hot streak. Its just like 2015. 

Or it could be Kirk is respected and is content in a very productive environment and amicably agrees to an extension after this season or next.  Kirk went up there to win, he was offered more $ by the NY Jets but chose MN because he thought he would have a chance to win.  He's got it this year.  They improved the OL, got Cook back, held on to critical defensive players and this year have one of the best-balanced team in the League, Kirk has a shot at it all this year and maybe next season also.  The contrast between his situation in MN and with the Redskins couldn't be starker.

Edited by Veryoldschool

14 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Or it could be Kirk is respected and is content in a very productive environment and amicably agrees to an extension after this season or next.  Kirk went up there to win, he was offered more $ by the NY Jets but chose MN because he thought he would have a chance to win.  He's got it this year.  They improved the OL, got Cook back, held on to critical defensive players and this year have one of the best-balanced team in the League, Kirk has a shot at it all this year and maybe next season also.  The contrast between his situation in MN and with the Redskins couldn't be starker.

OK sure you can make believe whatever you want but he said he wanted 3 year fully guaranteed. He didnt say it was because the Redskins were so mean to him. 

One of these is a fact based on his and his agents own words and one of these is an opinion based on nothing.  

Edited by Llevron

23 minutes ago, Llevron said:

OK sure you can make believe whatever you want but he said he wanted 3 year fully guaranteed. He didnt say it was because the Redskins were so mean to him. 

One of these is a fact based on his and his agents own words and one of these is an opinion based on nothing.  

The two are not incompatible.  A happy Cousins and a happy Minnesota could come to an amicable extension on a 3 year fully guaranteed basis again,  it doesn't have to involve animus and drama after all they are the Vikings not the Redskins.

4 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Well they also seemed pretty nonchalant about dismissing Bridgewater during that time period too, who happens to be undefeated in Brees's absence, and I bet he would have been a hell of a lot cheaper to resign.  

His stats are very similar to Case Keenum this year, which is yet another reason to stop believing that a teams record somehow reflects how good or bad a QB is doing.  

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

As Redskins fans, this type of problem would be welcomed with open arms, all things considered.  I also highly doubt that a solid October is going to yield this crazy contract negotiation you speak of.  Obviously, he'll need to do more than that.

But at the end of the day, every remotely decent QB gets paid because they are hard to find.  As I said earlier, take a look at the QB contracts.  Kirk's contract is now like 7th or 8th AAV.

I'm starting to jones for Cousins to have another bad game, so the gang here who doesn't like him can na na nanny boo boo, rather than make qualms about his guaranteed contract.  As I've said on numerous occasions, to the Redskins - Kirk Cousins is no doubt not worth 28M, nor is he good enough to save this dumpster fire.  But the only guys who are maybe capable of that are not available to the Redskins.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

17 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

As Redskins fans, this type of problem would be welcomed with open arms, all things considered.  I also highly doubt that a solid October is going to yield this crazy contract negotiation you speak of.  Obviously, he'll need to do more than that.

But at the end of the day, every remotely decent QB gets paid because they are hard to find.  As I said earlier, take a look at the QB contracts.  Kirk's contract is now like 7th or 8th AAV.

I'm starting to jones for Cousins to have another bad game, so the gang here who doesn't like him can na na nanny boo boo, rather than make qualms about his guaranteed contract.  As I've said on numerous occasions, to the Redskins - Kirk Cousins is no doubt not worth 28M, nor is he good enough to save this dumpster fire.  But the only guys who are maybe capable of that are not available to the Redskins.  

The only thing I disagree with is the assertion that if he plays poorly I wont bring up his contract. Thats first thing that comes to my mind when he plays. 

Honestly -- I want to see him do well but fail to make the playoffs. Im super curious to see what the Vikings will do if forced to resign him at a market setting price and keep all those weapons and still field a defense. His contract demands were perfect for them at that time. I dont expect they will be the next time but I dont expect them to be able to find anyone better, either. So they will HAVE to pay him. And I expect him to make them pay for it big. 

My biggest disappointment would be him cutting them a deal. That would mean 1) yall are right and he really isnt all about the money anymore and 2) I dont get to see how they put this team together. I wouldnt like either of those things. 

32 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

The two are not incompatible.  A happy Cousins and a happy Minnesota could come to an amicable extension on a 3 year fully guaranteed basis again,  it doesn't have to involve animus and drama after all they are the Vikings not the Redskins.

Its just as possible dude is looking to make as much as he can and the Vikings be dammed. Thats what my money is on. I dont think there is anything wrong with that either. I just want to tell you I told you so and see what the Vikings do next. Im am very curious to see how a good team with good management does what we did but better. 

Edited by Llevron

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Honestly -- I want to see him do well but fail to make the playoffs. Im super curious to see what the Vikings will do if forced to resign him at a market setting price and keep all those weapons and still field a defense. His contract demands were perfect for them at that time. I dont expect they will be the next time but I dont expect them to be able to find anyone better, either. So they will HAVE to pay him. And I expect him to make them pay for it big. 

This is Kirk's second year of a 3-year deal so you may have to wait until the end of 2020 -2021 season to see how the contract discussions go because as he has shown Kirk's comfortable playing on a 1-year deal. 

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

My biggest disappointment would be him cutting them a deal. That would mean 1) yall are right and he really isnt all about the money anymore and 2) I dont get to see how they put this team together. I wouldnt like either of those things. 

Along these lines imagine this ultimate Snyder/Allen nightmare scenario:  Cousins leads the Vikings to a Super Bowl victory this year and in the afterglow of that and with new lucrative endorsement contracts in hand Kirk inks a team-friendly extension with the Vikings to help keep his championship team together.  I would probably die laughing.  I would probably be get banned from this board for ridiculing the NeverKirkers too much and deserve it.

@Veryoldschool I would honestly root for him if I thought it would change Snyder and Allen. But you know as well as I do that jerks that stupid dont change because of someone else's success. The only thing that will free us from this burden is the sweet sweet release of death. 

Or maybe Snyder gets indited on terrorism charges or something. That would be fun. 

Somebody needs to buy chips and salsa, because one way or another there's gonna be a party in this thread tomorrow night lol...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am pretty excited about the game tomorrow.  Interested to see how the Redskins try to cause problems for Kirk, as they know his flaws better than anyone.  I heard that Kirk has said that he is playing "ticked off" in recent weeks (that language is so Kirk).  It will be interesting if he stays more aggressive, like he has in the past 3 weeks, or if he becomes more conservative again.  I don't think Kirk is a great QB, but I would like to see him and the Vikings have a good playoff run.  I live in the Midwest, surrounded by Vikings fans, so I know so many people who would enjoy it.

I was also really looking forward to AP playing the Vikes.  If he gets 60 yards, he will pass both Bettis and Tomlinson on the all time rushing list.  Which would put him at #6 all time.  Any word on if he is playing tomorrow?

10 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Were Brady, Rodgers or Brees available?  No.

They were aware they needed an improvement at QB and took a leap of faith by paying the price it took to acquire it.  Kirk was the only option to do that.

You missed the point I was making. Like them not them. Huge difference. 

Giving Kirk the demand 3 years guaranteed contract is not something one leaps at. 

Edited by zskins

Kirk can easily change the narrative and it won't happen by beating sub 500 teams or by throwing 4 TD's against us tomorrow.

It will start once he wins a division, or wins that first playoff game and will evolve from there.

He has possibly the best RB in the game (right now) and 2 of the best WR's along with a stout defense, if he's a top tier QB go prove it, it's really that simple.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

You missed the point I was making. Like them not them. Huge difference. 

But who ever said he was like them? Not many are like them, historically.  Cracks me up when Skins fans get real picky about quarterbacks.  It’s like some fat slob  thinking he can only date Beyoncé like women.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

But who ever said he was like them? Not many are like them, historically.  Cracks me up when Skins fans get real picky about quarterbacks.  It’s like some fat slob  thinking he can only date Beyoncé like women.  

Minny did. That is who. We Redskins fan knew he wasn't worth all that and can't hold the candles to QBs who are clutch like the ones I mentioned, sure you can throw some other in there as well. Again Kirk was not worth it. That was my point. 

Let me be clear: I liked him up to the point where he decided to chase the mighty $$$ rather than sign the contract and stay with a team and build. I hate selfish people. Don't you?

How do you know Beyonce doesn't like fat slob types...did she tell you... lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zskins said:

Minny did. That is who. We Redskins fan knew he wasn't worth all that and can't hold the candles to QBs who are clutch like the ones I mentioned, sure you can throw some other in there as well. Again Kirk was not worth it. That was my point. 

Let me be clear: I liked him up to the point where he decided to chase the mighty $$$ rather than sign the contract and stay with a team and build. I hate selfish people. Don't you?

How do you know Beyonce doesn't like fat slob types...did she tell you... lol

If only there were 32 elite, clutch QBs out there, perhaps we might land one.  Unfortunately, that’s never been how it works so you have to make it work with what’s out there.

You know damn well the Redskins organization is a ****hole, ran by idiots.  From the owner to the GM, to the stadium, field, training facility, on and on.  Why would I begrudge someone for going to a much better situation, making more money?   I long for the day this becomes the type of place where a hometown discount is on the table because it’s a great place to be.  However nothing to this point suggests that day is coming any time soon.  

• Like 1

Fun fact:

Since Kirk's left, we have won 8 games.  Only one of those was against a team that finished above .500.  Also, since Kirk's left, we have never beaten a team that has scored 20+ points.  

• Haha 1

Talk about worthless stats ^^^^^

I hope 1 of 2 things happen: 

1) We only score off of ints. Like 52-3. All defensive touchdowns 

2) Kirk throws for 7 TDs in front of a 80/20 vikings/skins crowd and we get a few shots of drunk Dan and Bruce slap fighting with their shirts off. 

And now that I think about this, Redskins nation missed a perfect opportunity. We should have all got vikings Kirk jerseys and wore them to the game just as a **** you. I would be down for that just to make Bruce feel my pain. 

2 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

Fun fact:

Since Kirk's left, we have won 8 games.  Only one of those was against a team that finished above .500.  Also, since Kirk's left, we have never beaten a team that has scored 20+ points.  

Another Fun Fact:

Cousins is 5-27 as starter in games against teams with winning records over his seven-year NFL career.

Whatever people feel about Kirk, it isn't going to change by beating a 1-6 team tonight.

Edited by NoCalMike

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Another Fun Fact:

Cousins is 5-27 as starter in games against teams with winning records over his seven-year NFL career.

Whatever people feel about Kirk, it isn't going to change by beating a 1-6 team tonight.

I love how this stat is ignored when he beats teams that are above .500 at the time of playing them, as if Kirk has any bearing on the opposing team's record at the end of the year.