• Blog Entries

• By Destino in ES Coverage
      The home team fans are at home, these games no longer matter, and it’s probably better for the team to lose than it is to win.  It must be December in Washington.  Welcome to week 15!

Redskins Inactive: 
      Colt McCoy  
      Trey Quinn 
      Quinton Dunbar  
      Josh Harvey-Clemons  
      Ross Pierschbacher  
      Brandon Scherff  
      Caleb Wilson  

Eagles Inactive: 
      Nate Sudfeld  
      Nelson Agholor 
      Jordan Howard  
      Shareef Miller 
      Lane Johnson  
      Sua Opeta  
      Derek Barnet

There are two camps for Redskins fans at this time of year.  Those that want to tank and those that want to win.  If this describes you, I want you to know something important. You’re wrong.  You should probably feel bad about it too, but that’s your business.  The right way to go about this, is simply to embrace the double think.  

Before and after the game it’s perfectly reasonable to acknowledge that losing has its advantages.  It does and it is undeniable.  Afterall we could be talking about the difference between Chase Young being in a Redskins uniform, or not.  What we need for that to happen is simple.  Redskins lose out.  Giants beat the Dolphins and Redskins.  Dolphins beat the Bengals.  All of these things are perfectly reasonable outcomes.  We’re that close to having an elite pass rusher.   

Before that happens, we have a game to play.  It is in this moment that we should embrace the other side of our demented double think.  While the game is being played, especially against a division opponent, fans should want their team to do well.  Assuming they have a soul and any decency.  There is just no way that I can root for the Eagles to beat the Redskins during a game.  If you are the type of fan that does this, I hope you find someone that can fix what has broken inside of you.   

Pregame Prediction:  Redskins 23 – Eagles 30  
      More interesting game we are missing because we are still watching the Redskins:  Packers – Bears  
      Things I am snacking on:  Brownie.   
      Number of colons used:  Six.  (so far)  

Check back for updates.  I’m going to wander around the room for a while and stretch my legs to get away from a certain well-known ESPN Eagle fan’s boring conversations that my ear phones aren’t blocking out entirely.
zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Kirktober is the heart of Autumn.  The most beautiful season.

Tip of the cap to him.  He looks to be playing the best ball of his career.  It’s very impressive.

Is he, though?

Last 4 games he has thrown 10 TDs and 1 INT. That's definitely good.

In 2018 he started off the season with a 4-game stretch in which he threw 10 TDs and 2 INTs

In 2017 he had a 4 game stretch in which he threw 10 TDs and 2 INTs.

In 2016 he had a 4-game stretch in which he threw 10 TDs and 1 INT.

In 2015 he ended the season with a 4-game stretch in which he threw 12 TDs and 1 INT.

He always has these stretch of games...always. Yet the same criticisms remain year after year--mainly because these stretch of games never end up disproving those criticisms. Kirk will end up having another classic "WTF" game lol--he's good for 2-3 a season--and another game or two of impressive "definitely top 10 QB" games, and then the rest are a mixture of decent play and questionable play. I'm more than confident that the ES members who have stayed clear of this thread for over a month will do so once again in the future lol...

• Like 5

Shhh... dont remind them....plus..let's look at Detroits record....

The argument has never been that Kirk sucks...its that Kirk disappears in certain clutch games. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Shhh... dont remind them....plus..let's look at Detroits record....

The argument has never been that Kirk sucks...its that Kirk disappears in certain clutch games. 

That, and that he's not worth $84M guaranteed for 3 years.

I've been talking to this woman who is a huge Vikings fan...for a while, she was absolutely hating Cousins this season. After they beat the Eagles I told her not to fool herself into thinking Cousins has turned the corner or anything, because I've seen him string together several strong games in a row yearly while he was here. I said he's definitely capable of doing it, but it has rarely resulted in anything other than his bank account growing larger. Better to wait until the end of the season before buying in on him.

Edited by Califan007

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

That, and that he's not worth $84M guaranteed for 3 years.

I've been talking to this woman who is a huge Vikings fan...for a while, she was absolutely hating Cousins this season. After they beat the Eagles I told her not to fool herself into thinking Cousins has turned the corner or anything, because I've seen him string together several strong games in a row yearly while he was here. I said he's definitely capable of doing it, but it has rarely resulted in anything other than his bank account growing larger. Better to wait until the end of the season before buying in on him.

Bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla......

This is not quality work 

• Haha 1

First of all he’s mad, so throw everything out the window. You don’t want an angry Kirk Cousins. The Lord allows you to repent. Kirk Cousins isn’t so nice. 

Secondly if he keeps this up, ima have to take a very old school kind of vacation from this thread. You guys are at your worst when he’s at his best and I’m not gonna take this anymore. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

First of all he’s mad, so throw everything out the window. You don’t want an angry Kirk Cousins. The Lord allows you to repent. Kirk Cousins isn’t so nice. 

Secondly if he keeps this up, ima have to take a very old school kind of vacation from this thread. You guys are at your worst when he’s at his best and I’m not gonna take this anymore. 

This thread is useful. If I forget to pick up salt at the store, I don't need to make a run down minute market. I can just go to the pages with posts from October. Case in point:

4 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla......

This is not quality work 

This has me covered for the next 2 months.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Redskins

at Chiefs

at Cowboys

Broncos

Thats the next four.

When does the VOS vacation start?

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

This thread is useful. If I forget to pick up salt at the store, I don't need to make a run down minute market. I can just go to the pages with posts from October. Case in point:

This has me covered for the next 2 months.

None of these posts bother me lol...I know what's to come for the Vikings the rest of the season. We all do. When the season ends we may very well see a repeat of when last season ended, with a bunch of quoted posts from people claiming to know better than the "neverkirkers" or "kirk doubters" or whatever official terminology was decided on at the last Kirk Cousins Conference lol...

This is how Kirk's on-field performance ends up effecting both his doubters and his supporters year after year lol:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Redskins

at Chiefs

at Cowboys

Broncos

1. W

2. W (Mahomes injured)

3. Great Sunday Night Football matchup  I hope all the true Redskins fans here will be rooting for a Cowboys loss.

4. W

They should be 8-3 going into December.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Feels like forever ago when Califan had a sig with his offseason priorities that were for Bruce to announce he signed Kirk long term and drop the mic.

Yeah, that was after the 2016 season, before:

- Seeing his flaws on display yet again in 2017 during his 3rd season as starter, as if he didn't really improve from 2015

- Being told over and over that the only reason people don't like Cousins as QB is because they are butt-hurt that he replaced RG3

- Finding out Cousins refused to try and negotiate a contract with the Skins

- Being told by fellow Skins fans that Dan doesn't want Kirk on the team because he's butt-hurt he replaced RG3, even though they franchised him twice

- Being told by fellow Skins fans that Dan also doesn't want to trade Kirk becauase he doesn't want Shanahan to be proven right about him

- Seeing Skins fans saying both of the above without an ounce of awareness of what they're actually saying

- Seeing it would have taken at least $84M guaranteed and only under contract for 3 years in order to keep him

- Seeing even more games where he didn't show up against winning teams

- I kept getting tweet after tweet from the guy hawking his Skins gear at like 70% off as the 2017 season was ending

- The reality that there was a video made of his Lebronesque decision on which team to join

- Hearing his mom, dad, sister, brother, uncle, nephew, wife, dog, and hamster all gush about the "leadership" of the Vikings ownership

- The "You Vike That!" merchandise

- His whole "license to lead" monologue

- The flood of articles proclaiming now that Cousins was with a "real" franchise he would "take over the league"

- Seeing ESers call fellow Skins fans "pathetic" for daring to think Cousins wasn't as good as it was being proclaimed and definitely not worth the $$ the Vikings shelled out

- Reading post after post from Skins fans praying that Cousins takes the Vikings to the Super Bowl while also praying the Skins barely squeak out a 2-14 record behind Alex Smith

- Seeing his flaws on display yet again in 2018 during now his 4th season as starter, as if he still hasn't really improved from 2015

- Seeing Theilen getting pissed off on the sideline at Cousins in 2018

- Seeing his flaws on display yet again in 2019 during the 1st 4 weeks of play, almost as if he now has regressed from 2015

- Seeing the legit criticism of Cousins being validated by his play, and then ignored completely when he has a string of good games

- Seeing the way certain Skins fans rush to this thread to ridicule other fans when he has a good game but forget this thread exists when he plays poorly

So yep, a lot has happened since "forever ago" lol....

Edited by Califan007

6 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

I just hope that "Kurt" has saved one of these games for next week.

He will..this is the type of team Cousins feasts on: 1-6 with an interim head coach and a rookie OC. He built his legacy on the backs of subpar teams. Well, except the Bills last year lol...

If Cousins puts pressure on himself to beat the Skins, he could **** things up for himself. will be interesting to see if this has any effect on their playcalling.

On 10/14/2019 at 1:17 PM, JSSkinz said:

He's padding his stats against weaker defenses (yes, Philly's pass defense is weak, remember game 1 vs us) and he will continue to do so for 2 more weeks until he hits the brutal portion of the schedule (Chiefs, Cowboys, Broncos, Seahawks, Lions, Chargers, Packers, Bears).  He has every opportunity to change the narrative on himself but good luck with that schedule.

Kirks 5 wins are against teams with a combined win/loss record of 11-21.

The Vikes 5 wins are against the 28th, 31st, 23rd, 27th, and 30th ranked pass defenses and now he's about to play us (ranked 12 best somehow, the Niners game had to have skewed the numbers) so I'll be interested to see how he deals with the good teams once he disposes of us on Thursday night.

This is a great time for the Kirkers, stand up for your man, hopefully he'll beat a team with a winning record by the time the season ends, it hasn't happened so far this year.

🤣

Yeah man, I'm totally throwing a Kirk party over here.  We're eating gray sirloins with a compound butter made of herbs and Skins fans tears!

I gotta give a tip of the cap to you AntiKirks though, your hatred still burns as bright as it did before.  One thing I'm certain about with the Vikings is no matter what that team does, if it's good - you'll fix the narrative that it wasn't about Kirk, and if it's bad - it'll be all about him.

Personally, I honestly could care less whether he wins the Super Bowl or loses out.  Believing that his success could potentially end the reign of Bruce Allen is all but a foolish distant memory for me.  The only joy I'd get out of him winning anything would be to see the epic levels of goal post moving by the gang here.  Just remember this, the lot of you, you were so hell bent on Kirk not being worth big time $ for x, y and z reasons.  Well, the Skins have spent more money and a top 15 draft pick at the QB position, and you're talking about how it's inevitable that Kirk and the Vikings are going to destroy the Skins.  Sad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Well, this is interesting..

So is this lol...from last season. We saw what good it did the Vikings:

Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 10.13.13 PM.png

To paraphrase what I said at the time: I hope Cousins breaks all sorts of records on his way to 9-7

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

QB's struggle against good teams.  News at 11.

Posted this several pages back...it only covers 2009-2016 but you can see how different QBs have faired against teams that finished the season with a winning record during that time span. Notice where Rodgers is during that timespan.

I'm not sure what Kirk's current record is, but it was said to be 5-27 back in September. That's a 0.16 winning percentage. If Cousins' record was added to this list, he would be right below Chad Henne and right above Blaine Gabbert and Blake Bortles. Even Rodgers' record in the tweet you posted is much better. If Kirk had Rodgers' winning percentage from that tweet, the Vikings could have won the division last year and had a first-round bye.

Against winning teams, Rodgers struggles. Kirk doesn't even show up.

535303770_ScreenShot2019-10-07at7_37_09AM.png.f0858a73ef96d80cf1ae20447576a52a.png

Edited by Califan007

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

To paraphrase what I said at the time: I hope Cousins breaks all sorts of records on his way to 9-7

They have an improved OL, a healthy running back and Zimmer's defense is decent this year, unlike last year when Cook was hurt and the OL badly depleted.  This is the first time in Kirk's career he has a balanced team to work with and it shows.  After a few weeks of trying unsuccessfully to win by heavy-duty running Zimmer has let his OC mix it up and make full use of the wonderful cast of skill players they have including; Cousins, Thielen, Diggs, Rudolph, and others.  It's an explosive mix so you may want to tone down your usual smarmy comments before you become the Bruce "winning off the field" Snyder of the board.

Not sure why I don't have the capability to quote @Veryoldschool...

I'd cool the jets on the improved OL, at least from a pass protection standpoint.  Teams with ferocious D-lines have proven to be kryptonite for Kirk and against both the Packers who have improved there, and the Bears who are amazing there but lacking everywhere else, Kirk struggled mightily.  If he and the OC don't figure out a way to get the ball out faster and/or buy some time with his feet against teams like that, these folks are going to continue to party when that happens.

That said, it is sad at how often Skins fans have to downgrade other QB's for not lighting it up against good defenses, when most QB's don't and the Redskins have 30M+ and 1st round draft choice locked up on the position and they trot out Case Keenum or Colt McCoy because the guy they drafted at 15 isn't ready to play, and lose regularly to everyone not strategically tanking.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not sure why I don't have the capability to quote @Veryoldschool...

I'd cool the jets on the improved OL, at least from a pass protection standpoint.  Teams with ferocious D-lines have proven to be kryptonite for Kirk and against both the Packers who have improved there, and the Bears who are amazing there but lacking everywhere else, Kirk struggled mightily.  If he and the OC don't figure out a way to get the ball out faster and/or buy some time with his feet against teams like that, these folks are going to continue to party when that happens.

Good point on the pass protection earlier in the year but the running game is definitely improved and I believe their pass protection has improved now that the OC is calling a more balanced game.  We'll see how improved as the year goes by.