zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

57 minutes ago, Destino said:

Kirk’s problem is one that’s seen often in sports.  He’s good, but not as good as his contract.  He's like Joe Flacco, not elite.  He can put together some excellent games but it’s always going to be a mixed bag.  

Zach Browns problem is that he’s not nearly good enough to be talking all that mess.  

Zach Browns problem is that he’s Zach Brown lol

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Kirk is a very good QB. Not great, not terrible.

We made a huge mistake letting him go, that much is obvious. 

Is it?

7 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Is it?

Yes. Keenum made the Dolphins defense look like the 2000 Ravens.

17 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Yes. Keenum made the Dolphins defense look like the 2000 Ravens.

Its obvious Kirk is better than Case.

That still doesn't mean we should have kept him.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 2

This is not even a solid argument, nothing about Kirk is worthy of a fully guaranteed $84M contract, he's in the bottom 1/3 of the league in QBR, wake up folks. 

He's padding his stats against weaker defenses (yes, Philly's pass defense is weak, remember game 1 vs us) and he will continue to do so for 2 more weeks until he hits the brutal portion of the schedule (Chiefs, Cowboys, Broncos, Seahawks, Lions, Chargers, Packers, Bears).  He has every opportunity to change the narrative on himself but good luck with that schedule.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Its obvious Kirk is better than Case.

That still doesn't mean we should have kept him.

His replacements have been beyond garbage and we spent precious responses replacing him. This team is beyond bad, when just a few years ago it had a really good offense.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

His replacements have been beyond garbage and we spent precious responses replacing him. This team is beyond bad, when just a few years ago it had a really good offense.

Still doesn't mean we should have paid Kirk that astronomical contract.

No thank you.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

No thank you.

The end result would have been a better team. It’s not like you or I are paying his salary.

Kind of a weird argument to be made for a team that is approaching historical levels of suckitude but ok.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

No thank you.

And nobody ever said that they should have or would have had to but nice quality straw man construction skills there broski.

Skins fans:  8-8 mediocre suckitude is purgatory.  Best to bottom out and get high picks.

Also Skins fan:  Stupid FO should’ve given Kirk $84M guaranteed to go 8-8.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Kirk is a very good QB. Not great, not terrible.

We made a huge mistake letting him go, that much is obvious. 

Kirk Cousins isn’t saving this mess.  If anything having Kirk would be worse for those that desire change.  We wouldn’t be 1-5, eeking out our first victory against Bayside High.  We would probably .500ish with an even heavier dose of “we’re close”.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

And nobody ever said that they should have or would have had to but nice quality straw man construction skills there broski.

Wasn't trying to "construct a straw man"

I just don't see how you can separate Kirk from his salary....

Just now, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Because you don't remember that the assclowns franchise tagged him twice?

Which no team in history had done before and hasn't since?

4 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

It just misses the context of how Kirks salary got so exorbitant to begin with.  That was Bruce’s making.  Add to the fact that the Skins currently spend among the highest in the league on offense and they are horrendous.  So it’s like yeah, sure Kirks not worth 28M or good enough to save this atrocious team, but the team is in a worse spot now without his contract.  In fact if the Skins were paying him his current contract, it wouldn’t even be their biggest problem.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

5 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

I remember.

They screwed up...as usual.

It is what it is.

16 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Thats the kind of mistake you make when you try to placate the fanbase.

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Thats the kind of mistake you make when you try to placate the fanbase.

Or you just really don’t know what your doing.  History of course suggests this.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, purbeast said:

Cousin's has one great game and now he's Joe Montana.

We've seen this movie before.

Actually it is two great games.  What I liked about him last week, yeah I know it was the scrub Giants, and what I liked this week, yeah I know a team over .500 BUT with two CB's out injured for the Eagles......BUT the fact that he does not seem to be trying to put it all on his own shoulders, which i think unfortunately, was simply a sad result of being part of this dysfunctional organization, and all its issues seems to be something he is letting go of.   So you play with more of an edge

I mean he is not going to come out and throw his two WR's under the bus, so so I think he decided, "okay boys you want to got get it, go get it" and he is just chucking the ball down field.   He is just playing now without thinking about the consequences.  

Now another thing I noticed which was really horrible last year for him, was the crap O line protection.  They have also been very solid the last two games, and I am noticing he is sliding out of the pocket more and again just not overthinking.  I am glad he is finally there.  It is performances like the last two weeks, that made me like the kid.  

• Thanks 1

Isn’t it confirmed by Kirk or his agent that they wanted a 3 year guaranteed deal from the jump and that’s how they started negotiations? 

How owe is that the Redskins fault, if that’s true? I thought I remembered reading that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Isn’t it confirmed by Kirk or his agent that they wanted a 3 year guaranteed deal from the jump and that’s how they started negotiations? 

How owe is that the Redskins fault, if that’s true? I thought I remembered reading that. 

Yep, Cousins said his agent told him after the 2015 season that he was either gonna get a fully guaranteed 3-yr contract or he was hitting free agency. Those were the only two options they were gonna be ok with. It's also why they didn't do a counter offer in 2017.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gotta give it to Kirk, he KOed Zach Brown without even saying a word. That takes power.

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

He plays another poor pass defense next week (4th worst) so keep him in your fantasy lineups, this is when Kirk does what he does.

How about the week after that?  What kind of defense does he play then?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Yep, Cousins said his agent told him after the 2015 season that he was either gonna get a fully guaranteed 3-yr contract or he was hitting free agency.

But Dan and Bruski saved the franchise by guaranteeing over 120M to 2 QBs over 5 years that no longer play here.

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

But Dan and Bruski saved the franchise by guaranteeing over 120M to 2 QBs over 5 years that no longer play here.

That really doesn't have anything to do with Kirk though. Its a lazy counter argument. That besides the fact that it worked until our line got so bad that one of them broke his leg into pieces. Wait I mean both. Or was it all? How many of them did we break again? Crazy how that **** went down. 

11 hours ago, Tsailand said:

How about the week after that?  What kind of defense does he play then?

The kind he better beat, if he blows that game he'll lose his Pizza Ranch deal.

Edited by JSSkinz