zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

45 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Misery loves company they say.

Fortunately for us, the Vikings give us a LOT of company. I think we should go over to Kirk's place, throw ourselves a pity party. Kirk could even fire up the grill and cook up some of those...... things.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Fortunately for us, the Vikings give us a LOT of company. I think we should go over to Kirk's place, throw ourselves a pity party. Kirk could even fire up the grill and cook up some of those...... things.

I think it's fair to say their misery pales in comparison to ours, but anything to have Kirk serve me up a pale sirloin.  "That's what she said"

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

Posted (edited)

One thing Kirk is experiencing with the Vikings that he never experienced here: a lack of fan support.

A large segment of the Skins' fan base supported Kirk, either in a direct and obvious fashion or with their silence and reluctance to truly criticize the guy. Not the same in Minny. Their fans are not giving him any benefit of the doubt or excuse his shortcomings as being the fault of (fill in the blank). While he was here, no matter how the season went he was being fluffed up by a large segment of the fan base (online anyway). I don't doubt he notices the difference. Last year Vikings fans sounded a helluva lot like Skins fans...this year they have scorched Kirk worse than we ever did. I think both he and Jay were better off with each other. I wonder if he ever thinks that as well.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 7

2018:

On 6/19/2018 at 2:10 PM, Veryoldschool said:

Kirk got to pick his team, one that is loaded with talent and appears ripe for a Super Bowl run...[...] I like his chances of winning a championship in MN.  If he wins 2 I think he goes to the HOF as a Viking.  His critics here will still be nitpicking and discounting his accomplishments.  I like his chances of 1 Super Bowl win and predict that if he wins it twice he'll also get the yellow jacket.

On 6/21/2018 at 1:05 PM, Veryoldschool said:

Imagine things 3 years from now, Kirk has won a Super Bowl or two with the Vikings...[...] it would be funny is choirboy and afterthought Kirk Cousins turns out to the NFL's most highly successful hired gun!  I know this sound absurd but if Cousins can win a Super Bowl in Minny another loaded team needing a great QB will come calling in 2021. 

2019:

On 8/10/2019 at 10:56 AM, Veryoldschool said:

I think the laugh is going to be on you and the rest of the pathetic Kirk detractors this year.  Cousins went off for 4200 yards, 30 TDs against 10 interceptions behind an OL and a running game worst than the Skins last but unlike the Skins the Vikings addressed the OL needs witha new center, TE and new OC.  I like their chances in 2019.

On 8/10/2019 at 11:01 AM, Califan007 said:

Did you just copy and paste this from last offseason? lol...

• Haha 12

18 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Kirk could even fire up the grill and cook up some of those...... things.

You mean the gas grill? Pffft no thanks.

Only thing that should ever be cooked on those are hot dogs and hamburgers when you are in a rush and veggie burgers...well because thats self explanatory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cousins has a good game under pressure to do so but he still managed to get his one fumble a game in there even though it wasn't lost.

Dude has the ball handling ability of Dave Kreig, or worse.

I saw one of the pregame shows citing his poor performances vs. NY historically.  What they missed is that it’s not the Giants per se, it’s basically any dominant defensive line.  The Giants Dline is no longer a strength.

On a side note, I started Diggs today because he’s Stephon Diggs and thought perhaps they would throw him a bone.  The stat sheet would lead me to believe otherwise.

And Dak has Zeke and one of the best lines in football.

That said, I always see these 'vs. teams > .500' stats popping up nowadays when trying to prove a point that X QB isn't really that good.  But I'd be interested in what that list actually looks like.  I honestly can't think of any QB off the top of my head, over say the last 5 years, not named Tom Brady - that I think of as a guy who probably has a great record vs. > .500 teams.  Typically teams > .500 are that way for a reason, so it would make sense that it's difficult to beat those teams, particularly without everything else being good to great around the QB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

And Dak has Zeke and one of the best lines in football.

That said, I always see these 'vs. teams > .500' stats popping up nowadays when trying to prove a point that X QB isn't really that good.  But I'd be interested in what that list actually looks like.  I honestly can't think of any QB off the top of my head, over say the last 5 years, not named Tom Brady - that I think of as a guy who probably has a great record vs. > .500 teams.  Typically teams > .500 are that way for a reason, so it would make sense that it's difficult to beat those teams, particularly without everything else being good to great around the QB.

I thought a list was already posted on this thread?...Seems familiar. There were a number of QBs with a winning record against > .500 teams. I think Alex Smith was one of them lol...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I thought a list was already posted on this thread?...Seems familiar. There were a number of QBs with a winning record against > .500 teams. I think Alex Smith was one of them lol...

I just did a quick search for it and nothing definitive came up.  There was a reddit thread where some guy broke down several players at the end of last season.  The only 2 QB's on the list that were better than 50/50 against .500 teams were strangely enough Russell Wilson ( not that strange ) & Marcus Freakin Mariota (incredibly strange).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I just did a quick search for it and nothing definitive came up.  There was a reddit thread where some guy broke down several players at the end of last season.  The only 2 QB's on the list that were better than 50/50 against .500 teams were strangely enough Russell Wilson ( not that strange ) & Marcus Freakin Mariota (incredibly strange).  

I have yet to understand Mariota as a QB...it's weird, I even sometimes forget he's in the league.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is what I remember--it's only from 2009 to 2016, but I would imagine most on the list with a winning record against >.500 teams still have a winning record:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/6xmd1n/every_qbs_record_against_winning_teams_from_0916/

Here's a screen capture for anyone not wanting to go to the site - also notice Cousins' name is not listed, maybe because he didn't have enough starts during that timespan. At any rate, I think if his current record were added to this list, he would be right below Chad Henne and right above Blaine Gabbert (I think lol).

Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 7.37.09 AM.png

• Thanks 1

I feel a little dirty today because I picked up Kirk and played him in one of my fantasy leagues yesterday and as expected he did quite well, it was a no brainer matchup and I expected Kirk to take advantage of the Giants.

This is a fantasy league where I have already lost Big Ben, AB, and Barkley so I'm on life support.  

On October 7, 2019 at 9:15 AM, Califan007 said:

These kinds of stats are so dumb.  I don't think think Dak is a great QB, but this stat doesn't mean much.  I also find it interesting that they chose the cutoff of 2017.  Why not include the prior year, where he was 13-3 (with his 3rd loss being when he was taken out after the first drive because Dallas already won home field advantage in the NFC) and the only winning team to beat him was the Giants.   Good lord, the guy won a playoff game last year.

I find it funny that only Tom Brady has won more games than Dak since Dak came into the league.  People have to do some serious mental gymnastics to say that wins/losses are not a QB stat... unless it is against teams above .500.

Not saying Dak should be given record money or anything... just that I hate the cherry picking of stats to justify the belief that you already have. 

15 hours ago, Nerm said:

These kinds of stats are so dumb.  I don't think think Dak is a great QB, but this stat doesn't mean much.  I also find it interesting that they chose the cutoff of 2017.  Why not include the prior year, where he was 13-3 (with his 3rd loss being when he was taken out after the first drive because Dallas already won home field advantage in the NFC) and the only winning team to beat him was the Giants.  

They were trying to say his rookie season was more of an anomaly...that, plus he's regressed and isn't getting better.  As

I think the stat is amazingly valid when talking about QB contracts. Red zone stats, winning % against winning teams, and individual production against winning teams can tell you some important **** about a QB.

Cousin's is such a bama.  He actually references his own saying of "YOU LIKE THAT" in reference to getting himself fired up.

"There's no doubt I play better when I have an edge to me, when that guy who yelled 'You like that!' comes out," the quarterback said on this week's edition of his "Under Center" podcast. "Believe me, the last week has brought that guy out a little bit in me. There's some fire there and some edge ... And that's when I play better. I'm going to try to channel that every week going forward and have a little edge to me."

Here is more on how him being "angry" helps get him more fired up.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/kirk-cousins-ex-teammate-says-vikings-quarterback-is-the-weakest-part-of-their-offense/

What a douchebag.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5th time Cousins has gone over 300 yards against the Eagles.  Sure doesn't look like the weakest link today.

38-20 in the 4th quarter.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just out of curiosity, who do you root for when the Vikings play the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys?  Or do you just hope for a tie?

Vikings, but with Kirk sucking in the process. :D