zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

20 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Man, if he uncorks a 150 yard 2 fumble job against the Giants this week, ****s gonna get extra real up in Minnesota.

But, really...this is exactly the type of game where Kirk tends to shine.

Outside of the fact that he ****s his pants whenever he plays the Giants. 

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

The thing with Kirk is he comes off a little calculated in his "nice guy" public persona.  He could perfectly well be a swell guy most of the time, but man did he ever lay it on thick to help the sell job for that contract.  Kudos to him I guess, it worked.

Cousins has annoyed the crap out of me for a while. I also agree with the above that his "aw shucks" demeanor is somewhat calculated. I am a little embarrassed to admit that I take extreme pleasure whenever he struggles. 

Having said all that, I'm sure he's a relatively good person. So, I do feel bad sometimes for wishing so much bad to happen. At least it's only within the context of football. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Having said all that, I'm sure he's a relatively good person. So, I do feel bad sometimes for wishing so much bad to happen. At least it's only within the context of football. 

To be honest, I don't really fault him for the character he plays in public.  He sees this game as a business and he is trying to maximize his appeal, right?

I am more perturbed that Washington is seen as such a joke of a franchise by the rest of the NFL, that a team like Minnesota thought they were getting a QB who was going to put them over the top, when the evidence of all his faults and weaknesses at QB were right there in plain view.  He played the worst in the kinds of games the Vikings expected to be a part of.  I have no idea how Cousins bamboozled them into thinking he was the man for THAT job.  It's like they assumed Cousins was this awesome elite franchise QB that Washington was holding back.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I don't have a huge issue with this. Who knows if he means it, but taking the blame and telling your teammate "it's on me" is never a bad thing in my mind. 

These guys think otherwise lol...

Edited by Califan007

Cousins is who we all thought he was.  I had said it for years: in big games, he gets that deer-in-the-headlights look and you know it's over.  He's way to regimented and inflexible.  With a guy like Kirk, as soon as something doesn't go according to plan, he has zero ability to emphasize.  I actually think he shuts down mentally.  How else to you explain one of the worst throws in NFL history against GB in week 2: a backpeddling int into double coverage in the endzone on first and goal.  Or the knee he took near the end of the half when he played with us.  Kirk tightens up and freezes in big moments.  Call it performance anxiety.  Whatever you want to call it, it was plain to see for anyone who cared to take a look.  The Vikings have not been raked across the coals enough for the decision. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

Or the knee he took near the end of the half when he played with us. 

I remember that😂 although i also remember us winning that game to win the division, so obviously he was good in the 2nd half that night 

35 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Outside of the fact that he ****s his pants whenever he plays the Giants. 

True. Although i remember one game he led us to a win against them :) actually...two wins. 2015 (thanksgiving weekend) and 2017 (thanksgiving night)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

True. Although i remember one game he led us to a win against them :) actually...two wins. 2015 (thanksgiving weekend) and 2017 (thanksgiving night)

Good point...we won that AWFUL Thanksgiving night game in 2017. I think we won something like 20-10 even though it was a wretched display on offense. 

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

To be honest, I don't really fault him for the character he plays in public.  He sees this game as a business and he is trying to maximize his appeal, right?

I am more perturbed that Washington is seen as such a joke of a franchise by the rest of the NFL, that a team like Minnesota thought they were getting a QB who was going to put them over the top, when the evidence of all his faults and weaknesses at QB were right there in plain view.  He played the worst in the kinds of games the Vikings expected to be a part of.  I have no idea how Cousins bamboozled them into thinking he was the man for THAT job.  It's like they assumed Cousins was this awesome elite franchise QB that Washington was holding back.

That's fair and I agree. But we (the Redskins) set ourselves up to be considered a joke by paying him year-to-year in ridiculous guarantees. We'd have looked like far less of a joke if we had let him walk a year or two earlier, gotten similar production from Colt, and then watched him perform like this for another team. 

50 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Good point...we won that AWFUL Thanksgiving night game in 2017. I think we won something like 20-10 even though it was a wretched display on offense. 

20-10 that’s right. The game winning TD came on a great pass to crowder. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I thought it was Doctson or Grant, but yes I do remember him stepping up and making a few good plays. 

I just checked though and against a 2-8 team he took 6 sacks and threw an interception. He just never played great against even the bad Giants teams. It doesn't matter though, I think it was more about Spagnolo knowing how to confuse him than it was the team itself. 

We have some really smart posters on ES who know their football but we're so obsessed with one-upping Bruce that they were blinded by this QB.

When GMSM spoke about Kirk he said he "didn't see special" now everyone knows what he was talking about.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It was to Doctson, not Crowder...and it wasn't really a game-winning TD, it was a go-ahead TD. Giants had plenty of time to drive down and score a TD. The defense came through big in that game, though.

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

It was to Doctson, not Crowder...and it wasn't really a game-winning TD, it was a go-ahead TD. Giants had plenty of time to drive down and score a TD. The defense came through big in that game, though.

Doctson? Huh. Surprised it was him 😂 

it was the go ahead  touchdown AND game winning touchdown since the giants didn’t tie the game at all. We were already up by a field goal before that score right? 

48 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Doctson? Huh. Surprised it was him 😂 

it was the go ahead  touchdown AND game winning touchdown since the giants didn’t tie the game at all. We were already up by a field goal before that score right? 

It was tied 10--10 at the time, I believe...something like 4 minutes left in the game when we scored (give or take). we kicked a late FG after stopping the Giants.

On 9/30/2019 at 10:40 AM, NoCalMike said:

The way things are going for Kirk, not only is he becoming very wealthy, but he will also be a free agent again after the 2020 season.  I don't think the Vikings are going to want him back. 

Playing the Sam Bradford strategy card 😶

1 hour ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Not all.....how much Cr*p was dished out to those of us who dared speak about his short comings...It got personal and vindictive

Kirk Cousins was the best Redskins QB in 30 years, if not the entire franchise! That he had the most loaded offense since 1991 is irrelevant! Like and repost to 5 people's profiles or you will forever be referred to as Bruce Allen's unpaid intern.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Reasonable chance Jay is his OC next year. Reunited with Kirk and with Zimmer. 

1 hour ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Not all.....how much Cr*p was dished out to those of us who dared speak about his short comings...It got personal and vindictive

If you ever need to feel right about something just start reading this thread from the top. Its gets really good in the 30's lol

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Kirk Cousins was the best Redskins QB in 30 years, if not the entire franchise! That he had the most loaded offense since 1991 is irrelevant! Like and repost to 5 people's profiles or you will forever be referred to as Bruce Allen's unpaid intern.

Mark Rypien and his 105 touchdowns are a total flash-in-the-pan!

On 11/20/2018 at 5:15 PM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Since you want to go find stats, I’m still waiting for any of you to find me examples where the running game and defense was good and he was bad.  Waiting...

🤔

The search continues I guess 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

🤔

The search continues I guess 

It took you ten months, so there’s that.

Kirk still hasn’t shown the ability to beat a good Dline.  Which is odd, because one would think it should be the other way around.  He appears cooked and can pretend he’s confident, but it’s rather obvious he’s not.

However what Kirk eats doesn’t make me ****.  If you are under the impression I expected anything more than what he did last Sunday, you are mistaken.  If you really want to go back in time, go find my post the day of the Mack trade to Chicago.  Never been under the impression that was a good thing for his prosperity.

This whole thread would be a lot cooler if the Skins weren’t in the middle of a soap opera themselves at 0-4, with an exorbitant amount of cap space and now draft capital tied up on the QB position.  Misery loves company they say.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Misery loves company they say.

Its the only reason im here lol