zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

Geez...so far this season, Kirk has had 1 multiple INT games, 3 multiple fumble games, and zero multiple TD games. I know it doesn't do any good to extrapolate, but right now he's on pace for a 12 TD, 2,900 yd season. Even the biggest Kirk doubters would not have predicted a start to the season like this.

Mehh.. The man got his $83 million.... He cashed out as a mediocre QB......Hopefully he invests his money wisely, bcos all he is just a capable backup

It’s gone so far the other way, that I’m beginning to feel sorry for Kirk. That’s saying a lot. 

The way things are going for Kirk, not only is he becoming very wealthy, but he will also be a free agent again after the 2020 season.  I don't think the Vikings are going to want him back. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2019 at 2:30 PM, Veryoldschool said:

Why don't you guys stop criticizing Cousins drop the pretense and talk about what really bothers you,  where your real pain is, you got dumped by your high school girlfriend and have been fractured tortured souls ever since..... 

I'm on a 1st date with a girl who seems really nice, is very pretty, and likes to laugh. Some awkward moments in the beginning but we still are enjoying each other's company. She gets up to go to the restroom and while she's gone I start looking around the restaurant. On the other side of the room, I see my high school girlfriend with the guy she dumped me for several years ago. They're not talking to each other...he's looking down at his steak as he cuts it and puts the food in his mouth without looking up, and she has a glass of red wine in her hand and looking off into the distance with a blank expression. I briefly recall all the times she and I would go out to dinner and how we always talked to each other throughout the meal. When she broke up with me, she said she could do better than me and felt I was holding back her happiness. I remember hearing from mutual acquaintances that her new boyfriend was seen out at a club with another woman...I blew it off as rumor but am now wondering if it's true. I'm thinking their relationship may be on rocky footing and might not last more than another year.

My date returns and we smile at each other...she picks up where she left off and while I have no real idea if this will turn into something real and lasting, I'm happy to be there with her now and thinking I want to see where this goes. I take one last glance over at my disinterested ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend who may already be cheating on her, and realize my soul stopped being tortured rather quickly after she left. I smile a little.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

That was deep, and pretty accurate. 

In fact, in that blank stare I see from my ex, I find myself feeling a little bad for her. I know, I'm a glutton for punishment, but she was a nice girl and we had some great memories.

There was that late-Sunday date we had on a windy Wisconsin day. We smiled the whole night and I truly thought in that moment that she might be the one.  

Edited by TD_washingtonredskins
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

In fact, in that blank stare I see from my ex, I find myself feeling a little bad for her.

Gotta admit, this is true, dammit lol...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

He'll retire when his time in Minny is done. 

Kirk is all about the money. I am sure the higher power will lead him to the right path... lol

• Haha 1

Kirk will sign a 3yr/$9M deal to back up Dak Prescott in Dallas.

God has a great sense of humor, that much is known.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Ruh-Roh....

https://sports.yahoo.com/kirk-cousins-is-the-problem-in-minnesota-and-adam-thielen-knows-it-030528155.html

Thielen:

At some point, you're not going to be able to run the ball for 180 yards, even with the best running back in the NFL,” Thielen told reporters, per The Athletic. “That's when you have to be able to throw the ball. ... You have to be able to hit the deep balls.”

If you read the full article and accompany tweets, Kirk is the same Kirk, regardless of having a better running game, better WR core, and better defense around him.  His stat sheet will always look decent because he is great at hitting the high percentage passes and letting the skill position players get YAC, but he falters when it matters the most.  They are also noticing that in crunch time, he often pre-determines before the snap where he is going with the ball and has an inability to check down or up off of that target.   Reading the analysis from the Vikings media, it is like the same broken record we heard here.  

Wow, the Redskins franchise is looked down upon so badly by the rest of the league that even Cousins showing right out in the open his flaws and ceiling as a QB was not enough to convince other GMs that he had peaked.  They probably were convinced "Oh, Kirk is fantastic, the 'Skins were likely just holding him back from his full potential"

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Oh dear god please let this happen

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Guaranteed?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Nah. He will sign with the Ravens so he can be the 3rd QB behind RG3. Somethings are meant to be. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

8 minutes ago, zskins said:

Nah. He will sign with the Ravens so he can be the 3rd QB behind RG3. Somethings are meant to be. 

My God is not this cruel.

• Haha 3

Interesting scenario if the Vikes really want to move on from Kirk after this season.  I wondered about a swap with the 49rs if Garopalo(sp?) struggled this year, but they are doing well with him currently.

I would predict they try a partial buyout and/or trade if it becomes clear that they have to make a change.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

My God is not this cruel.

Your isn't. Kirk's god is money. In this case less of it now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nerm said:

Interesting scenario if the Vikes really want to move on from Kirk after this season.  I wondered about a swap with the 49rs if Garopalo(sp?) struggled this year, but they are doing well with him currently.

I would predict they try a partial buyout and/or trade if it becomes clear that they have to make a change.

Jimmy G another dude who got paid way too much too soon. He hasn't been bad this season so far, but the 49ers definitely seem to be bringing him along slowly. The 49ers are winning with a stout defense.

10 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Kirk's performance this season counts as an on-field win for Bruce Allen. 

Might be the only one all season then.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2