zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'm DREADING the game against Minnesota, because I KNOW that Kirk is going to get well in that game against our sorry defense.  Kirk saw this defense in practice every single day, and let's be honest, it hasn't really changed much since he left.  Some of the players have changed, but the scheme hasn't.  

MAYBE Kirk torching the 'Skins is the straw that broke the camel's back , Dan and Bruce get so mad they lose their minds and fire everybody after the game?

Honestly, I could really see that happening.  

I don't disagree at all. Their same group of skill players destroyed us a couple years ago with Case Keenum and I believe Kirk Cousins is better than that. The only shot we'd have to rattle him would be to apply pressure and....well....we have that one sack over two games!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I don't disagree at all. Their same group of skill players destroyed us a couple years ago with Case Keenum and I believe Kirk Cousins is better than that. The only shot we'd have to rattle him would be to apply pressure and....well....we have that one sack over two games!

I wouldnt say they destroyed us. It was a close game, ended up losing 38-30. That’s not bad at all. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I wouldnt say they destroyed us. It was a close game, ended up losing 38-30. That’s not bad at all. 

That was the final score, but we were down 35-17 midway through the third quarter and didn't stop their offense all day until Case chucked us a couple gift interceptions to make the score look a little better. We were still down 11 until we kicked a FG with about 1 minute to go. 

It wasn't nearly as close as the score indicated and Keenum completed 75% for 300 yards and 4 TDs. I believe Cousins is better so that type of output wouldn't shock me. 

20 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That was the final score, but we were down 35-17 midway through the third quarter and didn't stop their offense all day until Case chucked us a couple gift interceptions to make the score look a little better. We were still down 11 until we kicked a FG with about 1 minute to go. 

It wasn't nearly as close as the score indicated and Keenum completed 75% for 300 yards and 4 TDs. I believe Cousins is better so that type of output wouldn't shock me. 

As a I recall, Kirk fumbled a QB sneak on 1st and goal that was returned 100 yards for a td but replay caught his knee down.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

As a I recall, Kirk fumbled a QB sneak on 1st and goal that was returned 100 yards for a td but replay caught his knee down.

I don't remember that specifically, but it rings a bell. I remember Harris making the crazy one-handed catch to put us up 7-0 and then basically being run out of the stadium after that until midway through the 3rd when Keenum started throwing picks. 

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

As I recall, Kirk fumbled

Impossible.  You must be thinking of some other QB.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Impossible.  You must be thinking of some other QB.

Could be faulty memory.  Kirk had me hitting the bottle like crazy back in those days.

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

Mmmmmm, Pizza Ranch.  Love it!  Really love their fried chicken 😂 and their dessert pizza.

You all are acting like Pizza Ranch is a joke.  The town I live in has 2 choices for restaurants, and one is a Pizza Ranch.  Pizza Ranch is the lifeblood of rural Midwest towns.  They keep us fed... And their fried chicken is very good.  My mother was born in a Pizza Ranch, and I want everyone here to put some respect in the brand.

P.S. One of claims made in the previous paragraph is not true, but when I start a rant, I can get off track some times.

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

On September 15, 2019 at 3:22 PM, Hooper said:

I have never seen a QB tighten up in critical moments like Kirk does. 

Painful!

His mental mistakes on basic plays can be so astonishing.  After this game, he discussed the INT.  Said his goal going into the play was to throw a low risk throw where only the WR would be able to have a chance to get it, or it would go out of bounds.  So, he knew exactly what he had to avoid doing on the throw... then did exactly what he knew he had to avoid doing.

Reminds me of one of the seasons he was starting for Washington.  He had back to back games where he threw Hail Mary passes (one at half and the other at the end of a game).  Both times, the ball landed out of bounds.  Really, if you are throwing a Hail Mary about the only thing to keep in mind is that the throw has to stay in the field of play.  He missed his target... the field of play... In back to back games.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I'm surprised that some of you guys expect Kirk to tear up the Redskins defense, while at the same time consider him a choke artist that lays a turd in every big game.

For him this has to be the biggest game.

Gotta expect some chokeage.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nerm said:

Reminds me of one of the seasons he was starting for Washington.  He had back to back games where he threw Hail Mary passes (one at half and the other at the end of a game).  Both times, the ball landed out of bounds.  Really, if you are throwing a Hail Mary about the only thing to keep in mind is that the throw has to stay in the field of play.  He missed his target... the field of play... In back to back games.

Kirk flexing his ninja stathound gene.

Avoided two potential interceptions.

15 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

I'm surprised that some of you guys expect Kirk to tear up the Redskins defense, while at the same time consider him a choke artist that lays a turd in every big game.

Hi, have you ever seen the Redskins defense? 

Kthanxbyeeee

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Nerm said:

Kirk is a very careful QB. He wanted to make sure only his player could catch the hail mary and since he didn't see his WR open in the hail mary he put it out of bounds so no one could catch it. Also God told him to play it safe when he is confronted with adversity. 

• Haha 2

On 9/18/2019 at 8:25 PM, SkinsFTW said:

It's not a critical game to the Vikings' season, so that's why I don't expect a choke job. If we were playing them in December with a playoff spot on the line, I'd think much differently. This is the type of game he'll go for 300 and 3 TDs. 

On 9/18/2019 at 8:25 PM, SkinsFTW said:

He plays poorly against teams with winning records but he plays very well against average to below average teams. Right now at least we are firmly in the later. That could change i guess. But right now we are looking like a get healthy game. 

99% of the football watching public:  Vikings got fleeced and the Skins dodged a bullet.

1% of the football watching public:  Fire everybody that has ever worked for Dan Snyder.

• Thanks 2

On 9/18/2019 at 5:48 PM, Nerm said:

I am glad I am not the only one bringing up those 2 head scratcher plays.

It fit his MO, that Jay revealed to the world. That he refused to throw into tight coverage.  Even in practice. THAT, is a real head scratcher.  That's crazy that he would be that rude to not even give his players a chance to practice contested balls, and our DBs as well.

He probably tossed those out of the back of the endzone to not risk an INT on his ledger, which of course is used to determine his net worth in future contracts.

Edited by RandyHolt

5 hours ago, Hooper said:

"When the Vikings signed him away, I assumed that most of Cousins’ faults were directly tied to Washington’s serial incompetence:

...My only certain take is that I feel a whole lot better about Cousins as a Viking than Cousins as a Skin. I bet the rest of football feels likewise....

I was wrong to feel that way. I’m ****ing embarrassed. I was yet another sap compelled to make excuses for a QB who no longer has any to fall back on."

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Minnesota probably eats the money next year and just cut him.  Kirk will be in the XFL soon.

I can't see him being cut outright, but I could see the possibility of a partial buyout and trade, like Keenum.

3 hours ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

And the pressure builds...Pretty soon I'm going to call for some crow to be eaten...If Oakland beats Kirk...lets lay the table :)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27662172/an-84m-game-manager-vikings-trying-figure-kirk-cousins

The Raiders aren't pushovers, either...If Kirk starts worrying too much about throwing an INT things could get messy.

• Thanks 1