zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

20 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Cousins is clearly a flawed player, but he's also a pretty reliable and above-average starting QB. I would guess that the Vikings paid him knowing he'd likely start all 48 games and hoping that he'd eventually overcome his flaws.

LOL was it intentional to only say 48 games?  As in, they don't make the playoffs any of the 3 seasons?  

So far they are 1/3 the way there.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, purbeast said:

LOL was it intentional to only say 48 games?  As in, they don't make the playoffs any of the 3 seasons?  

I bet they have a good chance this year if they come out of the gate strong. Both pack and bears looked weak to me. Definitely not unbeatable. I know its early but if they can run the ball and play defense they can get an early lead on both I would think. And 1 game and some confidence is all it takes in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

HAHA no I didn't mean it that way...but the petty part of me would enjoy that. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

Why don't you guys stop criticizing Cousins drop the pretense and talk about what really bothers you,  where your real pain is, you got dumped by your high school girlfriend and have been fractured tortured souls ever since.....  I know it hurt, but Its long past time to let it go, have a good cry and then let it finally it all out...  You'll feel better and less bitter.  Now take a glass of wine put on a weepy song and let it go....

giphy.gif

Vos on his way to "surprise" Kirk at the hotel.

Edited by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Cousins goes 8 for 10 98 yards but he wins. 1 passing 1 rushing TD.

What a bizarre stat line for Cousins lol...it's like, if you wanna win, take the ball out of Kirk's hands.

53 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

What a bizarre stat line for Cousins lol...it's like, if you wanna win, take the ball out of Kirk's hands.

Based on what Dalvin Cook did to me in fantasy it would appear they didn’t need to throw to win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Based on what Dalvin Cook did to me in fantasy...

Whoa, TMI buddy lol...

But seriously, a great running performance doesn't usually result in only 10 pass attempts. Even with Alfred Morris running for 200 yds and 3 TDs against the Cowboys and Griffin playing with one leg, the Skins still had almost double the passing attempts Kirk had today. They won, which is all that matters, but it just seems like Kirk isn't the type of QB you really want to limit in any way unless necessary (like we did with Scott Brunell in the playoff game against the Bucs). Didn't seem like it was necessary to do so today, but I only kinda half paid attention to the Vikings game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Califan007 said:

They got up 21-0 early and Zimmer was content to sit on the lead.  Cousins played well and threw effectively but they got up so quickly, rather than run up the score Zimmer ran Cook and relied on his defense.

I give you credit for being consistent, you hate Cousins and nothing he does is right.  If he goes off for 400 yards you carp that he padded his stats when he comes out blazing today and he leads his team to a big early lead and scores 2 TDs you criticize Cousins for only tossing the ball 10 times when his coach wants to emphasize the run.  On this subject you are ridiculous.

Edited by Veryoldschool

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Keenum 380 3tds

Cousins 98 yds 2 tds

Griffin 65 yds 1 td

Discuss!

2 of those quarterbacks won.  Or do you guys not like that measurement when it doesn’t say what you want it to?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

2 of those quarterbacks won.  Or do you guys not like that measurement when it doesn’t say what you want it to?

Wins don’t matter, bro.

#MEASUREMENT

#alexsmith6and3

• Like 1

If you really want to wrap your brain around something, ask yourself this:

Could Case Keenum have given the Vikings the same game Cousins did against Atlanta? Definitely, yes.

Could Cousins have given the Redskins the same game Keenum did against the Eagles? Definitely, yes.

Would the results of those two games be the same? Most likely, yes.

So in that scenario where Cousins throws for almost 400 yards, puts up 3 TDs and zero INTs yet the Skins lose when the defense can't get off the field in the 2nd half...and Keenum throws only 10 times for less than 100 yards and one TD, fumbles twice (and has a third fumble overturned) and the Vikings win on the strength of their running game and defense...What do you think the perception is of each QB?

- Cousins is being held back by a lousy Redskins team?...

- Keenum is holding back a potential SB Vikings team?...

- Put Kirk on that Vikings team and see it explode?...

- Put Keenum on that Redskins team and they're lucky to score 10 points?....

And am I the only one suspicious of the fact that Case's initials are C.K., and Cousins' initials are K.C. ?...

giphy.gif

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

The Vikings should wrap up their division this year. I can't see any of the other 3 doing any better.

Edited by BleedBNG

10 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

The Vikings should wrap up their division this year. I can't see any of the other 3 doing any better.

I dunno, I think Green Bay has a defense to go with Aaron Rodgers and their offense and the Bears have the best defense in the League and will find their offense soon, probably when the play the Skins.  The Skins are a slump buster.

Edited by Veryoldschool
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Califan007 said:

And am I the only one suspicious of the fact that Case's initials are C.K., and Cousins' initials are K.C. ?...

I pointed that out AGES ago...dont try and appropriate my conspiracy...

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2019 at 9:40 AM, NickyJ said:

Best option I see now is to replace Laquon Treadwell's replacement, Laquan Treadwell, with Laquan Treadwell.

• Haha 2

I honestly just had to look at their injury report because I really couldn't believe it...

• Haha 1

So much for Doctson trying not to approve to anyone else.

This just made Bruce look like a super smart Prez and GM. :(

48 minutes ago, zskins said:

This just made Bruce look like a super smart Prez and GM. :(

Not at all.  If Bruce could predict injury, the Redskins might actually be able to field a legit football team.

• Like 1