zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

 

Kind of goes without saying because Smith was touted as "all he does is win" and for the fact that he is currently on the roster.

By who? I dont recall that phrase being universally accepted by most of us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Foles 4yr/88M with 51 guaranteed.

 

Cousins 3yr/84M all guaranteed.

 

You Like That?!?

 

Kirk set the market lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Llevron said:

 

Kirk set the market lol

Alright everyone, would you prefer Foles or Cousins?  Commence argument.  

 

 

 

 

pssst.......the correct answer is Foles.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just based on Kirk “setting the market”, Russell Wilson is probably worth somewhere in the $300-$400 million a season range.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 5:17 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

Just based on Kirk “setting the market”, Russell Wilson is probably worth somewhere in the $300-$400 million a season range.

 

four years and $140 million with a record $65 million signing bonus

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think hes worth that **** either. I swear I would just draft a new QB before I give a guy that much. Wilson is special imo....but damn man. Who else is going to be on the team? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The Vikings decided to get Kirk some much-needed help using a center in the 1st round, a tight end in the second, a RB in the third and guard in the fourth round.  Good for Kirk and good for the Vikings, my second team.

Edited by Veryoldschool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope one of those new players knows the heimlich maneuver so they can help him when he chokes in big games...

  • Like 3
  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

My “second team” is whoever is playing the Vikings and Cowboys.

 

your post needed an adjustment lol...

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

The Vikings decided to get Kirk some much-needed help using a center in the 1st round, a tight end in the second, a RB in the third and guard in the fourth round.  Good for Kirk and good for the Vikings, my second team.

 

So when Kirk gets the boot by the Vikes will the next team be like your third team and so forth?

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, zskins said:

 

So when Kirk gets the boot by the Vikes will the next team be like your third team and so forth?

 

In 2021, Kirk will sign a 2yr/$10M deal with the Dallas Cowboys to backup a struggling Dak Prescott.  

 

Only then will it occur to VOS that he and Kirk’s shared pursuit was not that of glory, but of comedy.  I’m really looking forward to it!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

 

In 2021, Kirk will sign a 2yr/$10M deal with the Dallas Cowboys to backup a struggling Dak Prescott.  

 

Only then will it occur to VOS that he and Kirk’s shared pursuit was not that of glory, but of comedy.  I’m really looking forward to it!

VOS in 2021

 

ffa.gif

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The Vikings and tight end Kyle Rudolph are at a contract impasse. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported negotiations broke off last week. Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk later reported that while talks had not stopped, little progress was being made on a new deal. Whether it's the case that the two sides are not talking or the talks are not progressing, things clearly aren't going well.

 

The 29-year-old Rudolph told Sid Hartman of the Star Tribune that he won't take a pay cut because he is "too young for that," as if anyone needs a reason to bristle at a pay cut. There's lots of trade speculation, which is inevitable when a cap-strapped team and a respected veteran start haggling over pay cuts.....

 

....Welcome to the Quarterback Trap, Minnesota Vikings! You walked right into it last year when you signed Kirk Cousins to a fully guaranteed three-year, $84 million deal. Now you might have to gnaw off your tight end in a flailing effort to escape.

 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2837179-minnesota-vikings-are-desperate-to-escape-the-nfls-worst-quarterback-trap?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

 

 

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just came here to post that BR article myself. Here is the quote that means the most. And is the main reason many of us were arguing for letting Kirk walk:

 

"Cousins needs a top-notch supporting cast to be successful. But his salary makes it nearly impossible for the Vikings to maintain a top-notch supporting cast. And so the trap springs shut."

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyle Rudolph would look awesome in burgundy and gold beside Case Keenum and Adrian Peterson. I've always had a soft spot for him, it's hard not to like someone with a name like Rudolph.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering where all the media love is THIS off season.....

Can you imagine the pressure KC is feeling right now with other players being asked to finance his contract!!!

 

I guess 84 Mil is a great consolation prize though if you are planning on a *short* starting QB tenure 😜

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Can you imagine if the Vikings don't make the playoffs again this year?...

 

I'm not sure how likely that is since they do have a talented team and Cousins is a good QB...but still, imagine them not making the playoffs again, and Kirk only having one season left on his contract. Do the Vikings extend him?...Does he want to be extended? If he hits FA, does his next contract have lower salary numbers than his "setting the bar for all QB contracts from here on out" contract? If so, what will that say about Kirk, or even about supposedly setting the bar for the future, etc?...What if it's decided that Zimmer didn't use Cousins correctly and he's dumped? (again, not likely but...)...does that make Kirk a "coach killer"?...

 

If they don't make the paloffs this year...hoo, boy...

 

 

giphy.gif

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Can you imagine if the Vikings don't make the playoffs again this year?...

 

I'm not sure how likely that is since they do have a talented team and Cousins is a good QB...but still, imagine them not making the playoffs again, and Kirk only having one season left on his contract. Do the Vikings extend him?...Does he want to be extended? If he hits FA, does his next contract have lower salary numbers than his "setting the bar for all QB contracts from here on out" contract? If so, what will that say about Kirk, or even about supposedly setting the bar for the future, etc?...What if it's decided that Zimmer didn't use Cousins correctly and he's dumped? (again, not likely but...)...does that make Kirk a "coach killer"?...

 

If they don't make the paloffs this year...hoo, boy...

I know Haskins will start sooner rather than later, but...

 

Can you imagine if the Redskins make the playoffs with Keenum and the Vikings miss the playoffs with Cousins?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you imagine if the Redskins with Keenum beat the Vikings with Cousins thi year?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GhostofSparta said:

I know Haskins will start sooner rather than later, but...

 

Can you imagine if the Redskins make the playoffs with Keenum and the Vikings miss the playoffs with Cousins?

 

25 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Can you imagine if the Redskins with Keenum beat the Vikings with Cousins thi year?

 

 

giphy.gif

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 4:28 PM, NickyJ said:

Kyle Rudolph would look awesome in burgundy and gold

 

Speaking as someone who watched 16 Vikings games last season... Kyle Rudolph is meh.  He is starter quality but that's about it.  He can't break tackles.  He is a guy.  He turns 30 this season.

 

That's why the Vikings are having trouble making a deal with him -- he wants more money and long term-security, and the Vikings know he's not worth it.

 

Overpaying him on the open market would be a very Redskins thing to do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.