zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

So if Keenum does really well for the Skins and has more wins then Kirk this year.... I could see total meltdown and pitch forks in Minny... lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Even if you think Kirk is going 7-9 this year, you have to be delusional to think freaking Case Keenum is going to lead our dumpster fire to .500.

36 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Even if you think Kirk is going 7-9 this year, you have to be delusional to think freaking Case Keenum is going to lead our dumpster fire to .500.

There's this really cool thing that happens sometimes when people go to sleep. Sometimes, their minds simulate different scenarios, even things that aren't physically possible. It's called dreaming. Maybe one day you'll be lucky and you'll have a dream too!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, NickyJ said:

There's this really cool thing that happens sometimes when people go to sleep. Sometimes, their minds simulate different scenarios, even things that aren't physically possible. It's called dreaming. Maybe one day you'll be lucky and you'll have a dream too!

And on that note...

I'd want it to be a nationally-televised game on Sunday or Monday night, with the Skins having a winning record and the Vikings at .500 or worse lol...I don't think Kirk could handle that perfect storm of pressure. He might spontaneously combust in the 4th quarter.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I'd want it to be a nationally-televised game on Sunday or Monday night, with the Skins having a winning record and the Vikings at .500 or worse lol...I don't think Kirk could handle that perfect storm of pressure. He might spontaneously combust in the 4th quarter.

LOL at thinking we would win on a nationally televised game.  Kirk would torch us.  

2 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

LOL at thinking we would win on a nationally televised game.  Kirk would torch us.  

True, and Kirk's got an awesome record on nationally televised games too. Or does he?

K9y0nR2.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

True, and Kirk's got an awesome record on nationally televised games too. Or does he?

And...he wasn't here last year and how many games did we win last year?  Oh...zero.

Since 2009, the Redskins have won 8 nationally televised games.  Kirk was the starter for 4 of those.  

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

And...he wasn't here last year and how many games did we win last year?  Oh...zero.

Since 2009, the Redskins have won 8 nationally televised games.  Kirk was the starter for 4 of those.  

So Kirk won 4 primetime games in 7 years, and the Redskins won 4 primetime games in 4 years without Cousins. I am so scared right now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Check Kirk's record against winning teams in nationally-televised games...on two different teams--which is the scenario I spelled out.

"Torched" isn't the word that comes to mind.

To quote an earlier post during the season:

I didn't pay any attention to the record of the teams the Vikings beat with Cousins behind center until I read that tweet. Holy **** lol...

In their 6 wins, the Vikings' opponents record is 21-49-1 (.30).

In comparison, in the Broncos' 6 wins with Keenum behnd center, their opponents' record is 33-38-1 (.46).

The Vikings with Cousins have not beaten one single team with a winning record.

The Broncos with Keenum have beaten the Seahawks (7-5), the Chargers (9-3), and the Steelers (7-4-1).
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

So Kirk won 4 primetime games in 7 years, and the Redskins won 4 primetime games in 4 years without Cousins. I am so scared right now.

TIL that Cousins was the starter for 7 years here in Washington.  

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Check Kirk's record against winning teams in nationally-televised games...on two different teams--which is the scenario I spelled out.

"Torched" isn't the word that comes to mind.

I love the continued use of "records" for quarterbacks as if they are the only person playing on the field for the duration of the game.  

8 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

TIL that Cousins was the starter for 7 years here in Washington. 

Okay, Kirk is 4 primetime wins in 4 years as a starter, Washington is 4 wins in 4 years without Kirk.

I'm literally shaking right now.

28 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Not here to defend Kirk’s personal record under the lights, but I’d imagine many of those L’s came at the hands of teams better than the Redskins.

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Okay, Kirk is 4 primetime wins in 4 years as a starter, Washington is 4 wins in 4 years without Kirk.

I'm literally shaking right now.

I suggest a hot coffee or tea.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I love the continued use of "records" for quarterbacks as if they are the only person playing on the field for the duration of the game.  

Lemme quote you in the post I responded to, since you appear to be losing focus:

"LOL at thinking we would win on a nationally televised game.  Kirk would torch us."

You chalked up a win for the Vikings due in significant part to Kirk "torching" the Skins.

Unless all of Kirk's primetime losses against winning teams were in massive shootouts where his team lost 45-42, I'm gonna calculate that Cousins' individual stats in primetime games against winning teams won't quite qualify as torch-worthy.

Edited by Califan007

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

K9y0nR2.png

My guess is this ends in a tie...

17 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Unless all of Kirk's primetime losses against winning teams were in massive shootouts where his team lost 45-42, I'm gonna calculate that Cousins' individual stats in primetime games against winning teams won't quite qualify as torch-worthy.

Yes because Kirk Cousins plays defense.  This is silly at this point.  But for giggles, in primetime games with Cousins as the starter, his teams have scored 381 points and given up 446.  

And yes, because of our history in primetime games going up against players that we used to have indicates that Cousins would in fact torch this defense.  

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

Continually amused that every Kirk supporter’s argument always boils down to “winning doesn’t matter”.

41 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Continually amused that every Kirk supporter’s argument always boils down to “winning doesn’t matter”.

It does.  However, "winning" doesn't fall squarely at the feet of the quarterback.  

The NFL isn't going to make this a primetime game.  The Vikings aren't much of a national draw, and we aren't a draw at all in 2019.

(That's why our primetime record is so bad -- they always need to match us up with a popular team, typically a pretty strong team.)

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

It does.  However, "winning" doesn't fall squarely at the feet of the quarterback.  

I get your mantra about the D. We can say the same for ST as well. But wining a game in clutch when the playoff is on the line and your D has done it's job. What do you say to that? Does that not squarely fall on the feet of Kirk or any QB for that matter?

When you look at the bigger picture: A D can only do so much if they are on the field more than than the O. And the D has to do less if your O is scoring points and putting the other teams away. You are not going to get the perfect balance on both sides of the line. No teams has that. 

A QB needs to be the driving factoring in getting win(s) that they are not supposed to. Kirk is not that kind of a QB. Everything has to be prefect for him. We saw that here. He gets rattled too quickly and start doubting his own abilities and starts making mistakes. You can see that in his eyes, lips, face, arms and legs. 

12 minutes ago, zskins said:

A QB needs to be the driving factoring in getting win(s) that they are not supposed to. Kirk is not that kind of a QB.

And Alex Smith was?  

16 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

And Alex Smith was?  

Ummm did he mention Alex Smith? He was only discussing Cousins..so I give this to you again...in a different thread...like minutes apart....

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

And Alex Smith was?  

Alex had one more Win and one less Tie than Kirk in the first 8 games last year. 

On 3/3/2019 at 8:51 PM, carex said:

The Vikings were 0-7-1 when tied or trailing at halftime

They only got that “1” because of a BS Roughing The Passer call late in the game.

On 3/8/2019 at 2:36 PM, Xameil said:

Ummm did he mention Alex Smith? He was only discussing Cousins..so I give this to you again...in a different thread...like minutes apart....

Kind of goes without saying because Smith was touted as "all he does is win" and for the fact that he is currently on the roster.