zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

 

He mad!

And delusional...

Because those are the same Eagles that released DeSean Jackson due to gang ties...

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Llevron said:


I mean If you want me to be honest. Having Griffin AND Kirk on the same squad when we did was really hard to mess up. But Shanny let his ego get in the way and we changed the defense. **** like that is what kills the skins. I'm confident the browns will find a way to do the same thing. Think if the defense Jason Played with, with Griffin running the ball and scoring 30 every other game. We coulda won it his rookie year. Same with Kirk. He was perfect in the Shannies offense. But they ****ed the defense. Thats Redskins **** man. We wont stop until it changed from the top. 

 

Shanny ended up just like he was criticized to be in Denver, offensive guru, bad on defense.  He didn't really didn't hire good D coordinators in Denver.  Didn't do it here either and arguably that's continued

44 minutes ago, Llevron said:

 

I dont see Kirk and Bruce related at all honestly. Whats funny about that now that I think about it is that I stopped liking Bruce because he showed how ****ing childish he was with the Kirk thing. Hes a horrible leader. The fact that he kept calling his starting QB by the wrong name is just so dumb its hard to fathom a grown man being that way. 

 

I see them linked in one way.  But its only one part of the soup with me with Bruce.   I helped lead a thread back in early 2015 that the dude has to be replaced with a real personnel guy.  So like I said I don't care what finishes Bruce off here.  It could be any player or any situation -- whatever it takes.  

 

44 minutes ago, Llevron said:

 

We dont have to agree on stuff. And my sarcasm isnt meant for you to take personally. Im just a dick at heart. 

 

Lol, man, look I've been sarcastic plenty myself in posts over the years.  Only reason why I brought it up here is I took your response as you thinking I was taking a shot.  And I was explaining it wasn't a shot -- I genuinely wondered with all the scuttlebutt going on about who the next QB is going to be I was surprised that you are more interested in the old one.  But you explained why.  I get it. thanks. 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not sure if you are just being hyperbolic to hype yourself up or actually believe that.  Much of the insane talk actually relates to the weirdos constantly digging at Kirk’s character, not his play.  I didn’t see anyone hiding from the fact that Kirk’s play was ass at the end of the season.  

 

It’s been a while now, so I can’t recall if we gave the RG3 Stans as much grief or appeared to relish in his downfall to the extent you guys do about Kirk.  

This is all just in the past 7 months, which qualify as the cooler period in the Cousins Wars:

 

Spoiler

 

On 7/26/2018 at 4:55 PM, Tsailand said:

 

The odds we will meet the Vikings in the playoffs at all are low.

 

The truth here is you don't want to make a concrete prediction about Kirk, because he'll probably exceed it.  So you'll wait until the Vikings lose a playoff game, and then you'll call him a choker who loses big games.

On 10/7/2018 at 8:27 PM, Skinsinparadise said:
Patrick DaughertyVerified account @RotoPat
FollowingFollowing @RotoPat
More

Seriously, who did the Redskins think Kirk Cousins was? Not sure I've ever seen a more wrong in-house evaluation. Cousins has hit as many wow throws as any quarterback in the league this season.

On 8/14/2018 at 1:24 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

I suspect we will be on this thread somewhere around week 8 when they are running segments about how Kirk has taken his game to the next level and has easily cemented himself as a top 10 QB

On 9/19/2018 at 12:59 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Kirk Cousins Finally Ready to 'Tear Apart' NFL

 

With Cousins making smart throws, aggressive throws and impossible throws, the Vikings have a true star at QB.

Yes, Kirk Cousins.

That guy.

 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2796160-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-kirk-cousins-finally-ready-to-tear-apart-nfl?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

On 9/28/2018 at 8:52 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If any QB not named Cousins has over 400, 3 TDs, no picks on the road on a short week against the greatest show on turf you guys would be crowning him.  Fumble and all.  Kirk does have a fumbling problem as was evident last week, but a lot of top QBs fumble the way he did last night in that scenario.

On 9/29/2018 at 7:29 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

My personal takeaway from watching the Vikings is Kirk is the real deal.

On 10/5/2018 at 4:06 PM, Tsailand said:

Anyway, the team is already wrong about Cousins, and the entire world knows it, and knows how badly we botched the Cousins situation. Even if we go 12-4 with Alex Smith, the narrative will be that the team did a great job recovering from our mistake of losing a top-10 franchise QB

On 10/8/2018 at 7:35 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

As I am typing this, the guys on NFL AM are saying Kirk Cousins is a fantastic QB right now. And they are playing up how Denver must be kicking themselves for taking Keenum versus chasing Cousins.   Yeah awesome we let him go. ?

 

The narrative of Kirk being a "top", "fantastic", "true star" (which goes way beyond last year but I don't feel like spending the rest of my afternoon sifting through it) is not about Kirk's character and never was. There were complaints about his character, but saying "Kirk Cousins is a fantastic QB" is a statement about his success, not character.

Edited by NickyJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@NickyJ Kirk did look really good early in the season, which I think surprised even those of us who thought more highly of his play than a lot of you guys.  Typically there are always hiccups changing systems and he was playing really well from the jump.  He faltered down the stretch against tough defenses and lived up to the billing many of his naysayers made for him.  I don’t recall anyone here really defending that.  I’m not sure how SIP posting tweets/articles about how well Kirk was playing differs that much from all the negative stuff the other side digs up when it went sour.  It’s not like SIP or anyone else was making up that he was looking the part, because he was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said, if people truly believed that, fine. I think they're wrong, but I accept it. But to trumpet that that Cousins is great, then at the end of the season water it down as "well, I didn't *really* think he was good, I didn't care, I just *hoped* he was good" seems like a weird way to end things after going through so much effort to defend Cousins.

Edited by NickyJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kirk started off just as inconsistent in 2018 as he did every year with the skins. Which was the argument on him in the first place. He was the exact same player. He took advantage of some really poor defenses early, and got abused by some really good ones later. That is the player we have been talking about his entire career. 

 

Some of yall will never just say you were wrong lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Xameil said:

And delusional...

Because those are the same Eagles that released DeSean Jackson due to gang ties...

I hate the Eagles and in particular, their fanbase with a passion.

 

However, the only ones who are delusional would be the ones thinking that the Skins are even remotely comparable to them.  After they cut Desean and burnt down in flames, they rebuilt immediately and won a Super Bowl.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I hate the Eagles and in particular, their fanbase with a passion.

 

However, the only ones who are delusional would be the ones thinking that the Skins are even remotely comparable to them.  After they cut Desean and burnt down in flames, they rebuilt immediately and won a Super Bowl.  

 

They still do extremely questionable moves and are not the model franchise you are making them out to be. DeSean Jackson, Foles, Bradford, the wide 9 formation, chip kelley... the list for them goes on as well. 

Personally..I think you're a closet Eagles fan...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Xameil said:

 

They still do extremely questionable moves and are not the model franchise you are making them out to be. DeSean Jackson, Foles, Bradford, the wide 9 formation, chip kelley... the list for them goes on as well. 

Personally..I think you're a closet Eagles fan...

Personally, I think you drink too much.

 

Believe it or not, some of us are capable of separating our hatred from reality.  Nowhere did I say they are a model franchise, but in comparison to the Skins, they certainly are.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Personally, I think you drink too much.

 

Believe it or not, some of us are capable of separating our hatred from reality.  Nowhere did I say they are a model franchise, but in comparison to the Skins, they certainly are.

Wow...throwing the insults...on the drinking...guess I'm hitting too close to home...

Lol...good to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xameil said:

Wow...throwing the insults...on the drinking...guess I'm hitting too close to home...

Lol...good to know.

It’s okay, we all drink too much and say stupid things from time to time.  Perhaps some of us, a bit more than others...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Xameil said:

Wow...throwing the insults...on the drinking...guess I'm hitting too close to home...

Lol...good to know.

 

BFS frequently does the “are you drunk/trolling/insane” schtick at the beginning of his posts.  That’s how you know he’s absolutely debating in good faith and not at all insecure about his position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

 

BFS frequently does the “are you drunk/trolling/insane” schtick at the beginning of his posts.  That’s how you know he’s absolutely debating in good faith and not at all insecure about his position.

 

I can’t recall a time where I’ve ever considered a back and forth with you to be debate.  I’m entirely serious when I say that I’m not sure if you actually believe in what you type or just enjoy trolling.  My gut said you were trolling but your obsession with it leads me to believe that you actually are who you appear to be.

 

My apologies that a I cannot comprehend how a sober and sane individual can act as if this regime of the Washington Redskins is even in the ballpark of the Eagles.

 

 

 

 

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allow me to put this thread back on track from semi-derailment above now... lol

Calling yourself an alcoholic is cool.

Calling someone else an alcoholic is not cool. 

 

One thing that has always bothered me about Kirk is that he has the potential. But just overthinks and either gets sacked or INT.   He will never win a SB because of it unless he has a stout D helping him. He needs a stout D more than he needs the O to be successful. Vikings paying him all that money was not going to make him a better player. 

 

The problem with Kirk is that a few times when the game was on the line he couldn't deliver. This is something Kirk has to overcome if he wants to get to the SB. 

Since I don't follow the Vikings. How many games last year did Kirk choke on? Where is @Veryoldschool when you need him....lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2019 at 12:45 PM, zskins said:

Allow me to put this thread back on track from semi-derailment above now... lol

Calling yourself an alcoholic is cool.

Calling someone else an alcoholic is not cool. 

 

One thing that has always bothered me about Kirk is that he has the potential. But just overthinks and either gets sacked or INT.   He will never win a SB because of it unless he has a stout D helping him. He needs a stout D more than he needs the O to be successful. Vikings paying him all that money was not going to make him a better player. 

 

The problem with Kirk is that a few times when the game was on the line he couldn't deliver. This is something Kirk has to overcome if he wants to get to the SB. 

Since I don't follow the Vikings. How many games last year did Kirk choke on? Where is @Veryoldschool when you need him....lol

 

The Vikings were 0-7-1 when tied or trailing at halftime

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, carex said:

 

The Vikings were 0-7-1 when tied or trailing at halftime

 

Damn that is half of the season. That is really bad then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, carex said:

 

The Vikings were 0-7-1 when tied or trailing at halftime

 

yeah, but that doesn't mean he didn't have wins where the Vikings weren't trailing until the 4th quarter and he led them to wins. I don't know if he did or not, mind you lol...although I do think I quoted from an article a ton of pages back that Kirk was the only QB who started all 16 games or something like that, who did not have one single game-winning drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2019 at 9:24 PM, Xameil said:

 

They still do extremely questionable moves and are not the model franchise you are making them out to be. DeSean Jackson, Foles, Bradford, the wide 9 formation, chip kelley... the list for them goes on as well. 

Personally..I think you're a closet Eagles fan...

 

Are you nuts?? All of those things have happened since 2013 so those are attributes of a team who, in that time, has:

 

1) Had 3 double-digit win seasons

2) Finished no worse than 7-9

3) Had 3 playoff seasons

4) Won a Super Bowl

 

Where do I sign up for questionable moves like that???? Even Chip Kelly went 10-6 twice!

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

Are you nuts?? All of those things have happened since 2013 so those are attributes of a team who, in that time, has:

 

1) Had 3 double-digit win seasons

2) Finished no worse than 7-9

3) Had 3 playoff seasons

4) Won a Super Bowl

 

Where do I sign up for questionable moves like that???? Even Chip Kelly went 10-6 twice!

Talking about the moves...not the end result.

Even some of the questionable moves that Redskins have done, end result may not have been because of their incompetence...

I'll start with the night one... Alex Smith. He had us leading the division, so it looked like the move paid off. He gets injured to the point he may never play again, so now the move looks like the worse move ever. Now do you think that if Washington knew he'd get injured they would have signed him? 

The Cousins debacle...handled really bad, I think they held out hope, but numbers for a known choker did not add up. But they, like alot of fans here hoped KC would turn things around. Now the Eagles are releasing a SB MVP..just letting him walk for a unknown right now. Completely bone headed right now...will it pan out for them? Who knows.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Talking about the moves...not the end result.

Even some of the questionable moves that Redskins have done, end result may not have been because of their incompetence...

I'll start with the night one... Alex Smith. He had us leading the division, so it looked like the move paid off. He gets injured to the point he may never play again, so now the move looks like the worse move ever. Now do you think that if Washington knew he'd get injured they would have signed him? 

The Cousins debacle...handled really bad, I think they held out hope, but numbers for a known choker did not add up. But they, like alot of fans here hoped KC would turn things around. Now the Eagles are releasing a SB MVP..just letting him walk for a unknown right now. Completely bone headed right now...will it pan out for them? Who knows.

 

 

But I'm talking about the moves too...

 

Chip Kelly - say what you want, but that guy was 10-6 in back-to-back years. He was fired (possibly rightfully so) despite having a 27-21 record over three NFL seasons. Also, the wide-nine that you mentioned was an element of those 10-win teams. 

 

Should they have given up on DJax? I guess not, so that's a fair criticism. 

 

What's the Foles move that you don't like? He won them a ton of games several years ago and they got him back for nothing and he was the Super Bowl MVP. Now, as they have a franchise QB, they aren't going to keep him. I don't see the huge mistake there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

But I'm talking about the moves too...

 

Chip Kelly - say what you want, but that guy was 10-6 in back-to-back years. He was fired (possibly rightfully so) despite having a 27-21 record over three NFL seasons. Also, the wide-nine that you mentioned was an element of those 10-win teams. 

 

Should they have given up on DJax? I guess not, so that's a fair criticism. 

 

What's the Foles move that you don't like? He won them a ton of games several years ago and they got him back for nothing and he was the Super Bowl MVP. Now, as they have a franchise QB, they aren't going to keep him. I don't see the huge mistake there. 

 Chip Kelley was an oddity. I feel that luck had a huge factor in his years there. But who knows. If he was so great...hed still be in the NFL.

The wide 9...perhaps I'm naming the formation wrong...I just remember the DLine being extraordinarily spread out and being kinda ineffective in that formation. Only thing that saved them was the speed of the game they were playing.

So...we know Wentz is a franchise QB? So far...seems kinda injury prone to me...but time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Xameil said:

 Chip Kelley was an oddity. I feel that luck had a huge factor in his years there. But who knows. If he was so great...hed still be in the NFL.

The wide 9...perhaps I'm naming the formation wrong...I just remember the DLine being extraordinarily spread out and being kinda ineffective in that formation. Only thing that saved them was the speed of the game they were playing.

So...we know Wentz is a franchise QB? So far...seems kinda injury prone to me...but time will tell.

 

I didn't say Kelly was great...I'm refuting YOUR assertion that he needed to be classified as a bad decision given he had two 10-win seasons in three years. If nothing else, he has to go down as an average coach. 

 

You're correct on the name of the formation...I remember them doing it. I think it was part of the plan. Be aggressive and give up yardage in the hopes of getting the big play on defense. Again, I hate to credit Chip Kelly too much...but at least there was a united philosophy across the team (both offense and defense). 

 

No, we don't know he's a franchise QB but I think there's some intelligence to keeping the higher-ceiling guy on a rookie contract vs. the veteran who would command millions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

I didn't say Kelly was great...I'm refuting YOUR assertion that he needed to be classified as a bad decision given he had two 10-win seasons in three years. If nothing else, he has to go down as an average coach. 

 

You're correct on the name of the formation...I remember them doing it. I think it was part of the plan. Be aggressive and give up yardage in the hopes of getting the big play on defense. Again, I hate to credit Chip Kelly too much...but at least there was a united philosophy across the team (both offense and defense). 

 

No, we don't know he's a franchise QB but I think there's some intelligence to keeping the higher-ceiling guy on a rookie contract vs. the veteran who would command millions. 

I'll concede to you on your comments on Chip and the wide 9. Hell my memory may be quite fuzzy. 

Personally, I think you and I agree on alot if this. You're coming at it from a results side, I'm coming at it from a moves side and saying that the success was more of luck...but who knows. It's just my opinion. Same with Foles and Wentz...just my opinion. You sign him and trade him not just release. That's the more apples to apples comparison in my mind to what the Redskins did. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.