zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

 

I thought games were won and lost in the Red Zone.  That’s where Kirks 45% completion ranked 29th in 2016.

 

Again with the Kirk reference when we were discussing your defense of a Redskins defense that was so bad they fired the defensive coordinator. Look you just claimed a team with crap RBs, several week links and no depth along the OL, and a defense that did not produce (again they fired the DC) and have concluded this was a team capable of a deep playoff run if not for the QB.  Well unless that QB was Drew Brees, and i doubt he could have pulled that off, your comments were easy to find fault with.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

 

Again with the Kirk reference when we were discussing your defense of a Redskins defense that was so bad they fired the defensive coordinator. Look you just claimed a team with crap RBs, several week links and no depth along the OL, and a defense that did not produce (again they fired the DC) and have concluded this was a team capable of a deep playoff run if not for the QB.  Well unless that QB was Drew Brees, and i doubt he could have pulled that off, your comments were easy to find fault with.  

 

Coordinators getting fired is a feature of a Kirk Cousins team.  As is chewing up cap space that should be used to fortify a defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ntotoro said:

 

Ironic part is after watching the video with all the stuff he left out on the field. There was one play where Thielen literally shrugged his shoulders as he was walking off the field. He’s wide-open, Kirk has time, but stares down his target the entire time... and misses. Something isn’t right in that locker room and it wouldn’t shock me to see Thielen jet the first chance he gets. No need to get his rear end chewed out by an overrated, over-valued QB who obviously hasn’t earned the respect of that locker room, regardless what they say publicly.

 

What's not right is that one of Kirk's biggest weaknesses, and one I don't see any evidence of him being able to overcome, is his ability to quickly read the field and go through his progressions.  He's so tense and nervous all the time that he is far more comfortable getting to the LOS and knowing where he's going with the ball rather than reading the field and looking for opportunities.  To me, this is one of the characteristics, perhaps the most important one, separating mediocre to good QBs from great ones.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

 

Coordinators getting fired is a feature of a Kirk Cousins team.  As is chewing up cap space that should be used to fortify a defense.

 

So now you are blaming Joe Barry's incompetence and eventually firing on Kirk Cousins?  Just stop, you are embarrassing yourself. 

 

Hate on Kirk all you want, his play certainly backs up the position not to sign him here.  But your arguments are so bad it's hard for me to continue. The '15-'16 Redskins were not just a decent QB from deep playoff runs, that was complete nonsense.  They had a ton of holes as I have already explained. 

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2019 at 9:13 AM, Darrell Green Fan said:

 

Yeah I'm kind of done with this topic as well as your nasty tone  

 

9 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

 

 Just stop, you are embarrassing yourself. 

 

you've posted nonsense.  

 

Darrell Green would not approve.

 

Btw, the 2016 Redskins had approximately $30M of salary dedicated to the defense.  Kirk was on the books for $20M.

 

Just sayin...

Edited by TryTheBeal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kirk is nearing Romo-like big game moments status, but since his big games are not quite on the same stage that Romo's were, he isn't getting the same flack for it. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

 

 

Darrell Green would not approve.

 

Btw, the 2016 Redskins had approximately $30M of salary dedicated to the defense.  Kirk was on the books for $20M.

 

Just sayin...

 

Man, remember how disappointing Compton was in 2016? Got all that hype after 2015. In-grained in my head is a play where Compton met a RB in the hole and straight up just got crumpled. Didn't even get run over, just buckled in half. Always reminded me of the roid freak in The Program who gets run over at the goal-line when he's off the roids. 

 

Then I remember looking at our team salary, Compton was the least highest paid LB on the roster. Guys like Terrance Garvin who only played teams made more. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

 

 

Darrell Green would not approve.

 

Btw, the 2016 Redskins had approximately $30M of salary dedicated to the defense.  Kirk was on the books for $20M.

 

Just sayin...


Wait first you argued that if not for the play of the QB they would have had deep playoff runs because the team was so solid, now you are saying they were limited due to the cap space of Kirk's salary.  You need to take a position and stick with it.  Either this was a really good team with a good OL, strong weapons on offensive and an "opportunistic defense" as you had claimed earlier or they weren't all that and limited due to the handicap of the Cousins salary.  Can't have it both ways.

 

I'll  close by saying, again, that your argument that those 2015-2016 teams were rock solid and poised for deep playoff runs if not for the below average QB play is nonsense for the reasons I have posted.   I have yet to see one poster agree with you on this assessment, so there's that.

 

Have a good weekend. 

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:


Wait first you argued that if not for the play of the QB they would have had deep playoff runs because the team was so solid, now you are saying they were limited due to the cap space of Kirk's salary.  You need to take a position and stick with it.  Either this was a really good team with a good OL, strong weapons on offensive and an "opportunistic defense" as you had claimed earlier or they weren't all that and limited due to the handicap of the Cousins salary.  Can't have it both ways.

 

I'll  close by saying, again, that your argument that those 2015-2016 teams were rock solid and poised for deep playoff runs if not for the below average QB play is nonsense for the reasons I have posted.   I have yet to see one poster agree with you on this assessment, so there's that.

 

Have a good weekend. 

Darrell,  he is just yanking your chain. Doubt he believes half the stuff he is writing here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

You see trouble in the locker room from that article? 

That and other quotes of the players I've read. If Zimmer doesn't get an extension beyond 2019 and he's playing out his contract the pressure is going up even more. That means Zimmer won't be committed to KC's 3rd year and HE *might* be negotiating next year with KC an extension OR NOT. It just seems like a perfect storm is brewing for a QB that is allergic to pressure. The press is going to be all over this from every angle. Just *my* prediction...rocky seas ahead. Zimmer is a popular players coach among the 2017 players left. If Zimmer gets his extension...this goes away

Edited by The Hangman- C_Hanburger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zimmer clearly too tough of a personality for a soft player like Kirk. Sure he misses the big nerd football brain of McVay and even the gentleness of Gruden. Every night he cooks a weird steak and dries his tears with his millions.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Darrell,  he is just yanking your chain. Doubt he believes half the stuff he is writing here.

 

I'm not familiar with his work. Stupid me, I just assume people mean what they say and believe their arguments when debated.   i'll keep this in mind and not bother with him then.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now reading through the last couple pages...

 

I've soured big time on Cousins, but to pin 2015 on him is pretty ridiculous. I'm not saying he didn't have some stinkers, but he had a very good season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

 

 

:ols:

 

 

"Newton received the most votes as the league's most underrated quarterback, while Cousins topped the list of the most overrated ones.

 

Philip Rivers and Alex Smith rounded out the top three in the underrated category...Eli Manning was the runner-up as the most overrated signal-caller..."

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

 

 

"Newton received the most votes as the league's most underrated quarterback, while Cousins topped the list of the most overrated ones.

 

Philip Rivers and Alex Smith rounded out the top three in the underrated category...Eli Manning was the runner-up as the most overrated signal-caller..."

 

 

 

Where is the article located? I only saw the picture there, and can't find any articles about it on ESPN.

Edited by NickyJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who were these players?  What was the context of the poll? Was the poll instituted fairly? Do they have an axe to grind? 🤣

 

Just poking fun because I’m sure some of the folks that are loving this, we’re also ones opening an investigation on the legitimacy of that agent poll naming Bruce Allen the biggest POS GM.

 

As for the poll, it makes sense.  I mean, after all the news about his deal and then missing the playoffs, who else could it possibly be?

 

Another interesting tidbit from the article:

 

"Most quarterbacks are overrated," an anonymous defender said, per The Athletic. "People think they're great if they win even if there are a lot of other factors."

 

 

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kirk is surely overrated as QB.  But as an avatar for self-loathing fan resentment and a conduit for beltway pundit hot-takes, he’s first-ballot Hall of Famer.  Maybe the greatest of all time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“The people who don’t like Kirk Cousins must love Bruce Allen”

 

Thats a very intelligent take lol

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Llevron said:

“The people who don’t like Kirk Cousins must love Bruce Allen”

 

Thats a very intelligent take lol

 

 

There are a lot of Bruce Allen lovers in the Vikings fanbase lately, then lol...

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 11:20 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Who were these players?  What was the context of the poll? Was the poll instituted fairly? Do they have an axe to grind? 🤣

 

"Most quarterbacks are overrated," an anonymous defender said, per The Athletic. "People think they're great if they win even if there are a lot of other factors."

 

 

 

When people talk about QBs though, they're talking about the Bradys, Brees, Mannings, etc.  And if you think they're overrated...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.