zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You’ve talked out of both sides of your mouth in this thread dependent upon what happens in any given week. 

When you continuously throw crap against the wall, eventually something will stick.

Just like when you said more people like your posts so your opinion was more valid? 

Right. I’m hurt that a poster with your obvious football acumen would think so little of me. Hurt 😞 

Still though. What you said was false. And again you try to change the subject when called out on your bull💩. It’s a pattern with you. One you will deny and at the same time confirm. 

Did we we or did we not spell out all of Kirks failings ON THE FIELD in this and multiple other threads? 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Eh, I'd take what Thielen and Diggs said with a grain of salt. It sounded like being a good soldier and "coach speak". Mostly a PR move. You could tell Thielen was super heated at Kirk, and not just in general. In their argument he seemed to be saying "JUST THROW THE BALL" to Kirk when Kirk was saying he didn't have enough time. But kudos to them for not airing dirty laundry in public and saying the right things I guess. 

Thielen got into Cousins' face on the sideline in another game as well. Kirk kind of walked away from Thielen in mid-sentence if I remember correctly.

Edited by Califan007

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Eh, I'd take what Thielen and Diggs said with a grain of salt. It sounded like being a good soldier and "coach speak". Mostly a PR move. You could tell Thielen was super heated at Kirk, and not just in general. In their argument he seemed to be saying "JUST THROW THE BALL" to Kirk when Kirk was saying he didn't have enough time. But kudos to them for not airing dirty laundry in public and saying the right things I guess. 

The way they went at it and no one tried to stop it makes me think it happens more than we see. 

But it what a dick move. Showing your 100 catch 1000 yard WR how to run routs and berate him in public like that. They would have had to separate me from him (in the fictional world where I’m a pro football player)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Just like when you said more people like your posts so your opinion was more valid? 

Right. I’m hurt that a poster with your obvious football acumen would think so little of me. Hurt 😞 

Still though. What you said was false. And again you try to change the subject when called out on your bull💩. It’s a pattern with you. One you will deny and at the same time confirm. 

Did we we or did we not spell out all of Kirks failings ON THE FIELD in this and multiple other threads? 

A legend in his own mind!..but I'm on ignore... Where is the apology BTW...

18 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You’ve talked out of both sides of your mouth in this thread dependent upon what happens in any given week. 

When you continuously throw crap against the wall, eventually something will stick.

Edited by The Hangman- C_Hanburger

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Just watched Cousins full post game interview. Pretty nice jab at the DC media at the very end. Stay classy Kirk.

trust me, the DC media on twitter noticed that, too lol...

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I’m not quite sure whether you keep repeating that nonsense to fit a narrative or if you actually misread it.  My comment about likes was in reference to the ilk of people that liked your posts, when you were on one.  I never said anything about my posts, how many likes they get or who likes them.  But keep on keepin’ on.

It’s cute how passionate, excited and personal you take this subject.  I haven’t changed the subject.  I said Kirk sucked and don’t really believe he’ll ever put it together at this point.  Perhaps you were caught up in your emotions and missed that. 

What I said was that you, not anyone else, change it up game by game.  The only consistency is your disdain for Kirk the person.  Which along with this idea that the Redskins handled the situation correctly is what the majority of our arguments have been about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

A legend in his own mind!..but I'm on ignore... Where is the apology BTW...

Interesting you pop up, considering you were one of the folks I was talking about to Llevron originally.  That if you started liking my posts, I’d have to start questioning myself.  Tell me more about how Alex’s broken leg is Gruden’s fault, while you’re at it.  Or how Kirk is worse than Haynesworth.  🤣

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

It has to be personal,  just like the Jason Campbell years.  Some ppl will,  out of a sense of hope or optimism,  defend anything and do so to the point where they'll even go follow another team to spite the haters.   When ppl keep telling you what should be obvious,  and you belittle them,  then are proven wrong,  you gotta expect vengeance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Interesting you pop up, considering you were one of the folks I was talking about to Llevron originally.  That if you started liking my posts, I’d have to start questioning myself.  Tell me more about how Alex’s broken leg is Gruden’s fault, while you’re at it.  Or how Kirk is worse than Haynesworth.  🤣

I already did and stand by my analysis. Now you tell us how you could have ignored all the rational for not paying Kirk and berated anyone who thought otherwise as clueless matched against your superior analytics. 

Enjoy your crow. Any predictions for next year? 🤣

38 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What I said was that you, not anyone else, change it up game by game.  The only consistency is your disdain for Kirk the person.  Which along with this idea that the Redskins handled the situation correctly is what the majority of our arguments have been about.

Wait, so what you are saying is that you are not arguing football but Kirk the person? 

Oh, well we have nothing to argue about. I wasn’t directing any of that towards you. You just kinda added yourself into that. Again.  

I have argued about him on the field a lot in this and other threads. If you wanna talk about that then that’s fine. If you wanna talk about Kirk the person that’s fine too I guess, but as you said you and I have done that before. Not really needed at all at this point. 

Also im getting more likes than you today. Eat it. (Last part is a joke if you haven’t gotten that yet lol)

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1

What did Cousins say about the DC media in his press conference?

Taking a shot at the DC press is ironic considering the Vikings reporters are collectively calling him a “flop”, which is way harsher than anyone in DC.

45 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What I said was that you, not anyone else, change it up game by game. 

I missed this one the first time. 

Im a real Kirk Cousins in this **** huh? 😂 😂 

5 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Dude trademarked 'You Vike That'.....the douche level is so high with this guy.

I thought you were joking until I Googled it, that's ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

The real "haters" were those that let justified hate for Bruce cloud their judgment. 

Spot on, Bruce stinks but so does paying Kirk Cousins $84M guaranteed over 3 years.

• Like 1

I'll admit to a small petty pleasure at Kirk not making the playoffs in pretty much the same way he blew season finales against the Giants. Next year, I think I won't have any strong feelings about Kirk, but I didn't want him to win this year. I still hold a small grudge about his unwillingness to negotiate even though I believe Bruce Allen and the Redskins hold a larger share of the blame.

In any case, the Kirk Cousins we saw in Minnesota looked a lot like the Kirk Cousins we saw in DC when the lights shone bright in prime time games or when the playoffs were on the line. Ironically, I still would have liked it to have worked out here, but that's mainly because when Kirk won the bet after the first franchise tag the Redskins should have paid up. Instead, they treated it as a normal negotiation, beginning with a low bid with some hope of finding a happy middle.

Bruce's ugliness can not be overstated though. He misplayed it badly and burned the bridge. Still, I am not displeased that Kirk didn't win this year. It's a small, petty consolation.

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Pretty nice jab at the DC media at the very end. Stay classy Kirk.

I caught that, I wasn't sure if that was just my interpretation when I watched it but it sure sounded like he has some hard feelings towards some media here, I always thought the media loved him.

14 hours ago, Hooper said:

What did Cousins say about the DC media in his press conference?

Taking a shot at the DC press is ironic considering the Vikings reporters are collectively calling him a “flop”, which is way harsher than anyone in DC.

Czaban just said on his show that he heard the Vikes are looking to get out of Kirks contract, not sure if it's true and he gave no sources, he said that's what he's hearing.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

I already did and stand by my analysis. Now you tell us how you could have ignored all the rational for not paying Kirk and berated anyone who thought otherwise as clueless matched against your superior analytics. 

Enjoy your crow. Any predictions for next year? 🤣

Please find me a post where I said that I wanted to pay Kirk 28M per season, I’ll wait.  

31 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Wait, so what you are saying is that you are not arguing football but Kirk the person? 

My 2nd post since yesterday in here said that Kirk the player stunk and I’m not sure he will ever put it together. I then said that the character related stuff is what the majority of our arguments have been about and I still find that stuff to be crazy, and likened it to the Gruden arguments, where folks are so overly critical it dilutes any legitimate issues they bring up. 

19 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I missed this one the first time. 

Im a real Kirk Cousins in this **** huh? 😂😂 

Touché.

44 minutes ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

It has to be personal,  just like the Jason Campbell years.  Some ppl will,  out of a sense of hope or optimism,  defend anything and do so to the point where they'll even go follow another team to spite the haters.   When ppl keep telling you what should be obvious,  and you belittle them,  then are proven wrong,  you gotta expect vengeance. 

Many of the same folks parading around in here have been loud and wrong on numerous occasions about the Redskins and football in general.  There is not enough time in my day to go around collecting on folks who have been loud and wrong. Every offseason it happens, where the Skins do things, fans finds reasons to convince themselves it will work out and vehemently oppose my less than positive take.  As I said, there’s not enough time for me to go around trying to serve crow.

• Like 1

After listening to that press conference, it seems like he thinks they'll be good year 3.  So basically, he won't do much good for them next year either, and they might be good in year 3.  So they better prepared for the same crap from him next year.  Good luck with that Minnesota.  As for the shot at the DC media, that's just being petty on his part.  

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

Why is this all getting so personal? Can't we all just wallow in Redskins misery together?

Yeah the Kirk topic can get intense and agree it doesn't need to get personal we are all on the same side..    

My take on all of this is my interest about Kirk's season as I mentioned early on in this very thread is squarely one thing and just that one thing -- Bruce Allen's future. 

If Kirk having a good season precipitates bad things for Bruce, am all for him doing it.  If it is meaningless in that regard -- I won't care.    Said it then and I still mean it now.  For the the last 6 weeks or so the self destructing and dysfunction became evident again and Bruce was under the gun.  At the point Kirk playing well or not well didn't seem that relevant to me -- not until Sheehan said a few days ago he heard that Bruce-Dan didn't want Kirk in the playoffs and on that front I want whatever makes Bruce-Dan miserable to hopefully spur change.

I typically don't care about any player leaving here to have good or bad seasons.  I know some root for players who leave here to have bad seasons -- but it means nothing to me whether for example Orkapo has a good season or not for the Titans.  If others enjoy rooting for him or other ex-players to do poorly -- cool to each their own.

My take before the season was both Kirk and Alex might take time to learn the offense and find their groove.  Ironically they both started 6-4.  Kirk started somewhat hot and cooled off -- I thought it would be closer to the opposite.  He played poorly against a murder's row of defenses:  Bears twice, Pats, Seahawks.  And if people want to say hey for 28 million dollars beat the big boys -- I get that.   Kirk had a step back year.  He ended up ranked 14th in the league in QBR and that sounds about right.  His career though isn't over.  Will see what happens next year when I presume the vikings upgrade their wretched O line.

My take on Kirk from Bruce's perspective is Bruce is a loser anyway you cut it.  Granted an even bigger loser if Kirk played big.  I was never on board with paying Kirk 28 million.  As I've said a zillion times, Kirk and his agent should have sent Bruce a nice holiday basket for getting him that 28 million because it was all Bruce.  They could have signed him in 2016 and early 2017 for a more reasonable deal.  And even if you don't buy that they should have traded the dude -- that's what good FO's do.  Bruce gets an F on how he it was handled.

Considering how the Redskins are in QB hell if Bruce and Dan are celebrating Kirk not making the playoffs and hey we can at least celebrate that -- it would be pathetic IMO.  It's like us saying hey we aren't in the playoffs but at least we can root against the Cowboys this Saturday night and maybe they will lose -- yea!    Alex was ranked 26th in QBR sounds about right.   I thought he was mediocre at best.  But as I said back then, I'd give Alex next season to see if he can acclimate more and improve with a better supporting cast -- alas I don't think that's happening though because of injury.   

Granted the O line got decimated and Alex went down around the same time and they were befallen by some bad luck.  I thought that version of the team was overrated.   They got blown out by NO and Atlanta.  They lose 2 out of their last 3 and it could have easily been 3 in a row because they played poorly against Tampa.  I've heard Jay say twice now that it was Colt's injury that did them in after Alex -- suggesting (what some beat reporters have claimed for years as for Jay digging Colt) that they'd have been fine with Colt.  Well, I guess in 2019 we will see the Colt McCoy show.  I am a skeptic but you never know.  I don't think its an accident that national reporters say the Redskins would be one of the least attractive jobs if they get rid of Jay because the QB position is a mess.  

Heck imagine if Bruce had a little Howie Roseman in him and got a first rounder for Kirk like Roseman got for Bradford and we could have leveraged to get Tua or whatever in 2020.  So yeah for me I can't divorce Kirk with the contract and Bruce -- I see ZERO vindication of anything that went down with him in Minny.   But I get anyone who wants to hammer Kirk who doesn't like him for whatever reason and say ha ha ha ha, Kirk you didn't play hot in Minny.  Yeah they'd be right for now.  But that's never been what moves me.  For me as long as Bruce is under the gun, I don't care how it happens.   Bruce isn't getting the last laugh at QB and that's all that matters to me purely in the context of him hopefully losing his job.  One can dream.😎

I think this article from Brewer that just came out tells it well as for the state of the team

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/the-redskins-keep-telling-us-theyre-close-to-what/2018/12/31/d370ce70-0d20-11e9-831f-3aa2c2be4cbd_story.html?utm_term=.b5a3b0783ed7

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Meh. He didn’t have a good season. Their stud RB missed like 10 games, his OL was a turnstile all season and the defense regressed. 

Point remains and has always been that he’s the best QB we’ve had in 30 years and we would be a playoff team right now with Cousins added to this improved defense and running game even with the 32 gallon trash cans we have at WR. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Meh. He didn’t have a good season. Their stud RB missed like 10 games, his OL was a turnstile all season and the defense regressed. 

Point remains and has always been that he’s the best QB we’ve had in 30 years and we would be a playoff team right now with Cousins added to this improved defense and running game even with the 32 gallon trash cans we have at WR. 

If Kirk was on this team this year do you honestly think we would had a chance in the playoffs and a run for the SB? 

Edited by zskins