zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I said your "premise" is based on like you said "paying him like a once in generation talent" - and that's what the Vikings paid him like.   Whether you say it or not,

The fact that you can read all the words I wrote and focus on the ones I didnt says enough, I think. 

that's the Vikings 2018 contract.  We all know when he got 28 million and by whom. 

If your point doesn't set the stage of the negotiation to 2018 without factoring they could have made a deal earlier -- then I guess am missing something in your point?   

Yes

Otherwise, if they paid Kirk what he wanted for example in 2016, 20 million a year clearly that's not anything crazy.  They had a shot too in 2017 but don't feel like reliving all of that. 

That's a whole other argument (from 2 years ago at that) and I'm really not talking about any of that. This is exactly why Jumbo said it's not worth taking about. Gahdamn

2 hours ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

That's what FA is about...plenty of "Good" QB's test the market and you can get one of those while looking/grooming a rookie. Kirk is/was a "Good" QB. Nothing special. You don't pay sirloin prices for flank steaks

As I said the list of available FA QBs consist of players like Tyrod Taylor, Ryan Fitzpatrick etc.  A QB as good as Kirk simply does not hit the open market, that's why there was such a frenzy from teams like Minnesota, Denver etc because few understood why this player was available.    If you can supply with the names of FA QBs that are as good or better than Cousins, with the understanding that we see Kirk differently and this evaluation is subjective, I'd like to see it.

18 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sometimes you have to take a look around at who likes what you’re saying and ask yourself, am I off my rocker?  I’ve been there before, I know.

This makes you not worth responding to imo. I'm not even gonna argue with you further. 

You got all the likes brah. I cant compete with that. 

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

I'm pretty sure the odds are messed up at every position outside of RB and linemen but you are missing my point again. We are about done here. 

My entire point is it's easier to find JAG to run your offense if its good enough and avoid needing to look for a ARodgers in the draft. 

Kirk Cousins is not a once in 40 years talent. Hes just not. And If your argument is that he is then just say that and we can stop this discussion. 

I dont know how else I can explain it to you, honestly. 

Kirk is the best QB we have had here in close to 40 years.  I guess we can't continue the discussion without naming former Redskins QBs but we are both familiar with the names. And they mostly sucked.  And that remains my point, we have not show the ability to simply find a good QB for decades, the same can be said of the Jets and a whole lot of other teams. 

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

“Kirk broke Sonny’s 40 year old team passing records, therefore he’s a once in a generation talent.”

Thats the mindset, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Kirk is the best QB we have had here in close to 40 years.  I guess we can't continue the discussion without naming former Redskins QBs but we are both familiar with the names. And they mostly sucked.  And that remains my point, we have not show the ability to simply find a good QB for decades, the same can be said of the Jets and a whole lot of other teams. 

*drinks bleach*

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

That's a whole other argument (from 2 years ago at that) and I'm really not talking about any of that. This is exactly why Jumbo said it's not worth taking about. Gahdamn

I was reading the post just as you made it which was about the 2018 contract and what the Vikings gave him and you suggested the team didn't make a mistake. I was suggesting by my answer but they did make a mistake in 2017 or 2016.   

You seem to be saying if I got it right, that you aren't judging the FO at all but just making a blanket statement about 2018 and what happened, then.  If so, got it.  Sorry.   

What confused me on that front is I am very familiar with the Kirk arguments pro and con -- and I don't see many people arguing about the 2018 contract or bust especially from the pro Kirk crowd.   So that's what threw me off. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

@Llevron is getting salty for some reason.  I've simply been pointing out how difficult it is to just find a good QB and i have yet to see a viable plan from him or anyone else here.

Sure we can try to beat the odds and draft one, of course if you miss which the odds strongly show this is probable, you set your team back years as they have to keep him for several seasons to be sure.  Then they try again 4 years later.   So yeah we could be looking at more decades of futility because you gotta have a QB in this game.

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

This makes you not worth responding to imo. I'm not even gonna argue with you further. 

You got all the likes brah. I cant compete with that. 

Good to know.  I chalked it up to you being loud and wrong and not wanting to revisit that.

Whats funny is I never said jack about people liking my posts.  I assumed the oddities liked where you were coming from with your flimsy stance.  Similar to say, twa agreeing with you in the tailgate.  It might cause room for pause on how and what you’re arguing.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

Kirk is not a "generational talent".  But he is the best QB drafted by the Redskins since Mark Rypien in 1988.  Before that, Sammy Baugh in 1937. Before that, nobody.

In 86 years, we've drafted only three good QBs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

As I said the list of available FA QBs consist of players like Tyrod Taylor, Ryan Fitzpatrick etc.  A QB as good as Kirk simply does not hit the open market, that's why there was such a frenzy from teams like Minnesota, Denver etc because few understood why this player was available.    If you can supply with the names of FA QBs that are as good or better than Cousins, with the understanding that we see Kirk differently and this evaluation is subjective, I'd like to see it.

Honestly, I'd take ANYBODY BUT Kirk just based on how he threw Gruden under the bus by leading him on for 2 years. Leading the team on. Gruden would have been FINE going with McCoy after RG3. He would STILL Prefer McCoy over Kirk. So..my nomination is the guy leading the team right now. He was/is a team player..signed 1 year deals..stayed with the skins because he WANTED to be a Skin. So *I* am a BIG McCoy fan right now..win or lose just to reward his loyalty. No way we are SB ready..so WTH...give him a shot! I'll enjoy watching this and that's what it's all about.

Full disclosure...I was against signing Kirk on ALL the Franchise Tag offerings..wanted him gone with compensation from the get go. Why the FO didn't sniff this out is beyond me..they FUBAR'd this up good

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Honestly, I'd take ANYBODY BUT Kirk just based on how he threw Gruden under the bus by leading him on for 2 years. Leading the team on. Gruden would have been FINE going with McCoy after RG3. He would STILL Prefer McCoy over Kirk. So..my nomination is the guy leading the team right now. He was/is a team player..signed 1 year deals..stayed with the skins because he WANTED to be a Skin. So *I* am a BIG McCoy fan right now..win or lose just to reward his loyalty. No way we are SB ready..so WTH...give him a shot! I'll enjoy watching this and that's what it's all about.

Full disclosure...I was against signing Kirk on ALL the Franchise Tag offerings..wanted him gone with compensation from the get go. Why the FO didn't sniff this out is beyond me..they FUBAR'd this up good

What exactly does "leading the team on" mean?   He played very well in 2015 and was ready to sign a long term deal. The team said "not so fast, prove it again". So they franchised him and he proved it again. Then the team said "still not sold, prove it again". And he did.  By the time he hit the end of '17 for the first time HE had the hammer. Once again the team showed him disrespect by offering a low ball offer.  

So he took full advantage of the situation his play put him in.   He maximized his earning and there is nothing wrong with that at all.  Did you really expect him to take the Redskins lower offer just to make you happy?

1 hour ago, Tsailand said:

Kirk is not a "generational talent".  But he is the best QB drafted by the Redskins since Mark Rypien in 1988.  Before that, Sammy Baugh in 1937. Before that, nobody.

And Rypien was a one year wonder so that list is down to 2

53 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

What exactly does "leading the team on" mean?   He played very well in 2015 and was ready to sign a long term deal. The team said "not so fast, prove it again". So they franchised him and he proved it again. Then the team said "still not sold, prove it again". And he did.  By the time he hit the end of '17 for the first time HE had the hammer. Once again the team showed him disrespect by offering a low ball offer.  

So he took full advantage of the situation his play put him in.   He maximized his earning and there is nothing wrong with that at all.  Did you really expect him to take the Redskins lower offer just to make you happy?

I expected him to counter BEFORE the Draft and let the team know the # he WOULD accept. That's all. Yea..HE played the game for himself..I have no problem with that..I am glad he's gone so *I* am not complaining about not resigning him...I am complaining that the FO didn't see the "game" and get some compensation for him.

Look..he wanted to force the skins hand until after the draft to prevent a trade to a team he didn't like..and choose who to play for FOR Big $$. He played money ball..no problem. I just don't root for a mercenary to lead the Skins..hell I'd try Paxton Lynch over KC. I want to root FOR somebody who wants to be a Skin...Just Like McCoy. I love rooting for underdogs too..like the 60's and 70's Skins. I can watch that without complaining as long as they are worth rooting for- Effort.

So there are two camps and each is right based on their view of enjoyment of the game. Kirk didn't do it for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tsailand said:

I’ll go further and say the don’t have a history of statistically productive quarterbacks or running backs. 

1 hour ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

I expected him to counter BEFORE the Draft and let the team know the # he WOULD accept. That's all. Yea..HE played the game for himself..I have no problem with that..I am glad he's gone so *I* am not complaining about not resigning him...I am complaining that the FO didn't see the "game" and get some compensation for him.

Look..he wanted to force the skins hand until after the draft to prevent a trade to a team he didn't like..and choose who to play for FOR Big $$. He played money ball..no problem. I just don't root for a mercenary to lead the Skins..hell I'd try Paxton Lynch over KC. I want to root FOR somebody who wants to be a Skin...Just Like McCoy. I love rooting for underdogs too..like the 60's and 70's Skins. I can watch that without complaining as long as they are worth rooting for- Effort.

So there are two camps and each is right based on their view of enjoyment of the game. Kirk didn't do it for me.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but you seem to forget that this is a business and every player is a "mercenary".  And they should be given how teams cut players and show no loyalty what so ever constantly. When it's the players turn to have the power there is nothing wrong at all with leveraging the position their production on the field put them in.  .

You wanted him to show loyalty to a team that disrespected him throughout the process?  You want him to give up his right to be on the free market and sell his services to the highest bidder why exactly?  To help out the team that didn't believe in him until it was too late?  That's crazy.

3 hours ago, Tsailand said:

I know I’m all alone on this but I swear Ramsey was going to be good until he was completely ruined by spurrier.  He never recovered from the awful coaching and beating he took for his first 2 years. 

JC was a bad pick, because just from his throwing motion you knew he could never be elite, same as Byron Leftwhich.  Huge slow long windup.  

I always forget Joey T. wasn’t drafted by the Skins. 

@Califan007 ok, who’s the girl and am I going to look stupid not knowing? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I think this sums up my stance on this topic....

If that's your Thanksgiving plans for tomorrow, that's quite the day, am guessing you are missing the game 😎

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

National media is starting to turn on Kirk. Lot of haters right now. 

Vikings are 5-4-1, and Kirk has had 2 pretty bad games, though he’s had some good games.

You get the big money, you gotta do better than essentially.500 on that team or you’re going to get heat.  

Its a a bottom line business and Vikings had a better record last year CK.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

National media is starting to turn on Kirk. Lot of haters right now. 

A week or so ago they were in the tank for him, up and down.  Cowboys before the Eagles game were pathetic to the national media, now they are running away with the division.  The Cowboys hype leading to tomorrow's game is sickening -- you'd think we are playing the Chiefs-Rams tomorrow

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If that's your Thanksgiving plans for tomorrow, that's quite the day, am guessing you are missing the game 😎

Nah, @Califan007‘s got serious game.  He’s do it all and miss nothing...

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A week or so ago they were in the tank for him, up and down.  Cowboys before the Eagles game were pathetic to the national media, now they are running away with the division.  The Cowboys hype leading to tomorrow's game is sickening -- you'd think we are playing the Chiefs-Rams tomorrow

Yeah, the best thing to do would be to go in and take their candy and make them cry like little babies. 

Though, that might cause Jerry to do something stupid like fire Garrett, and I like Garrett right where he is.

• Haha 4