zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

Cousins gonna Cousin.

Now he might come back and throw 3 TD's in the rest of the second half. But you gotta take the bad with the good with him.

Edited by clskinsfan

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Cousins gonna Cousin.

Right.  He's going to throw the ball where it should go and his receiver is going to stop.  It's all Cousins.  You guys are funny!!!

• Like 1

Man. I was hoping Kirk would lead the Vikings to a win tonight. Been cheering for him all season for the Vikings. But at the same time, can’t say i miss the interceptions(his fault or not) 

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

When the going gets tough... Cousins comes up short.

It wasn't Cousins fault, and you know that and are just trolling.  You used to a respectable poster around here,  Now, you're turning into a bitter troll.  It's not a good look.  Really!

• Thanks 1

If there's anything we have learned the past 3 years, it's only Cousin's fault when the team wins.  Not when the team loses.

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

If there's anything we have learned the past 3 years, it's only Cousin's fault when the team wins.  Not when the team loses.

A. That’s an illogical statement.

B. Weren’t you just clamoring for him in the first quarter?

C. Weren’t you going off on a tangent a week ago about how he sucks and Smith has been awesome?

Multiple personalities?

7 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

A. That’s an illogical statement.

B. Weren’t you just clamoring for him in the first quarter?

C. Weren’t you going off on a tangent a week ago about how he sucks and Smith has been awesome?

Multiple personalities?

The sarcasm went way over your head.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That was wierd timing for your “sarcasm”.

Not really.  It was in response to Taylor 36 post 2 above mine.

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

Not really.  It was in response to Taylor 36 post 2 above mine.

I was referring to your post on the last page about it being a shame he wasn’t still out QB, where you admitted you hated on him only because he left.  I thought you were saying that was sarcasm.

Let’s grade Kirk!

Had a solid start and was the beneficiary of some circus catches early. 

Faced adversity, folded up and went into Bortles mode in the 3rd quarter.  Could’ve easily had 3 turnovers in a 6 play stretch.  Typically inept on “off-schedule” situations.

Did some stat-hounding once the game was out of reach.

C- seems fair.  What’s Kirk’s record in night games these days?

• Like 1

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2803271-vikings-qb-kirk-cousins-already-looking-like-an-84-million-flop?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

UH..we are not alone...NOT worth the $$. THAT was the complaint...*I* was willing to keep and work with him IF he listened to his coach and was a 23-24 Mil (Alex Like) contract...he's NOT and He didn't.

So NOW the pressure is REALLY on and I predict he will press and make things worse for himself. The wall will close in

• Like 1

Kirk is a good QB who will drop dimes for most of the game but he always has that 1 boneheaded play that kills him, regardless if Diggs fell down it seems to happen to Kirk every game at least once.

In the Jets game last week he tried to ground a ball at his RB's feet, problem is it was a backward pass which ended up a fumble, luckily the Jets were as clueless as Kirk so the Vikes recovered but if that were a tougher team it could have cost the Vikes momentum and eventually the game.

I was surprised he didn't realize you can't ground a ball by throwing it behind the line of scrimmage.

Kirk is good, he can make every throw but he does at least 1 dumb thing a game and that Vike team is beating the bad teams and losing to the good ones, just as he did here.  He looks like the same QB he was at Washington, he just has better toys, much better.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Cousins gonna Cousin.

Now he might come back and throw 3 TD's in the rest of the second half. But you gotta take the bad with the good with him.

That int wasn't on Cousins, that was on Diggs.  But wasn't it a beautiful thing to see a NFL QB throw downfield on a consistent basis??  I forgot what that feels like here.  One thing about Cousins is, he can be down by 20 points at halftime and you still feel like your in it.  If we're down by 10 points by the half, I don't have that same confidence in Smith.

• Like 1

When you play a team like the Saints with Brees at the helm you  have to play at an upper level. The mistake free level Kirk had to come out. Yes Diggs fell down but there were other plays where he could have just thrown the ball away and not get sacked. He did that a lot here last year. Some even said because it looks better to be sacked then to get an incomplete. Maybe there is some truth to that. 

Drew also made a bone headed mistake by missing a wide open WR in the end zone. Yes it happens to the best of the QB as well. Brees tend to make up for his mistakes. Kirk always seems like he gets extra careful after a pick or a fumble and starts second guessing himself. He did that here and still does. 

The Vikes D is no longer #1 D like last year. So Kirk can't rely on the D to bail him out like our D is doing or has AP as the RB. Alex might not be flashy but he doesn't turn the ball over like Kirk does. Alex did miss a wide open Reed yesterday by over throwing to him. But Alex has a top 5 D to save his butt. 

If Kirk was here and the way the D has been playing we could have been 7-0 right now, okay maybe. If Alex can get our team all the way to the playoffs and beyond with low scoring points and yards don't think anyone will care. Vikes on the other hand has bet a lot on Kirk. Kirk is now on a stage where everyone is watching him because of what he got paid. 

I said this before Kirk left is that he is stupid for chasing the money. Wouldn't he have rather stayed here and chased a Lombardi instead? Maybe Kirk got fed up with the drama in the FO. But in every job you are going to have someone high up who is not going to treat you the way you like to be treated and just have to suck it up and do your job and hopefully get rewarded eventually. 

Kirk was wiling to start over again with new offense and players just to get a big fat paycheck. Kirk bet on himself, again. Kirk might have over bet on himself this time. Time will tell. 

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zskins said:

When you play a team like the Saints with Brees at the helm you  have to play at an upper level. The mistake free level Kirk had to come out. Yes Diggs fell down but there were other plays where he could have just thrown the ball away and not get sacked. He did that a lot here last year. Some even said because it looks better to be sacked then to get an incomplete. Maybe there is some truth to that. 

Drew also made a bone headed mistake by missing a wide open WR in the end zone. Yes it happens to the best of the QB as well. Brees tend to make up for his mistakes. Kirk always seems like he gets extra careful after a pick or a fumble and starts second guessing himself. He did that here and still does. 

The Vikes D is no longer #1 D like last year. So Kirk can't rely on the D to bail him out like our D is doing or has AP as the RB. Alex might not be flashy but he doesn't turn the ball over like Kirk does. Alex did miss a wide open Reed yesterday by over throwing to him. But Alex has a top 5 D to save his butt. 

If Kirk was here and the way the D has been playing we could have been 7-0 right now, okay maybe. If Alex can get our team all the way to the playoffs and beyond with low scoring points and yards don't think anyone will care. Vikes on the other hand has bet a lot on Kirk. Kirk is now on a stage where everyone is watching him because of what he got paid. 

I said this before Kirk left is that he is stupid for chasing the money. Wouldn't he have rather stayed here and chased a Lombardi instead? Maybe Kirk got fed up with the drama in the FO. But in every job you are going to have someone high up who is not going to treat you the way you like to be treated and just have to suck it up and do your job and hopefully get rewarded eventually. 

Kirk was wiling to start over again with new offense and players just to get a big fat paycheck. Kirk bet on himself, again. Kirk might have over bet on himself this time. Time will tell. 

I wouldn't  go that far.  Kirk Cousins legit believed that the Vikings were a qb away from a superbowl.  

Now look at our team last year.  

Now look at the Jets.  

You see why he turned down the bigger offer in NY to play for a superbowl calibre team in Minny?  Kirk sure as hell did.

1 hour ago, Redd said:

I wouldn't  go that far.  Kirk Cousins legit believed that the Vikings were a qb away from a superbowl.  

Now look at our team last year.  

Now look at the Jets.  

You see why he turned down the bigger offer in NY to play for a superbowl calibre team in Minny?  Kirk sure as hell did.

I forgot about the Jets and what they tried to offer, by the way it was only 2 mil more per year.

Our team wasn't bad last year offense wise. Now the D was another story. When Kirk was here he never had a stout D. Too bad he didn't stay here long enough to see what the Skins were building. 

So what you are saying is, basically Kirk was so sure of himself that he could just drop himself in that offense and not miss a beat and take the Vikings to the SB this year since the Vikes were only a game away last year. I still think he bet on himself way too much. 

By the way, when he was offered a reasonable contract couple of years back he really wanted Oswiller type of money. He hadn't even proven himself yet at that point. Keep on getting a franchise tag slapped on him afterwards. So yeah money had nothing to do with him leaving. He just saw the cake and the icing in Minn. Like I said, we shall see how that pans out for him. 

On top of believing they were a QB away, Minnesota also opened a state of the art stadium and training facility.  They rolled out the red carpet for him.  His old team had already acquired another QB.

So he had a lot of reasons to choose the Vikings.

• Haha 1