zskins

NFL.com: Kirk Cousins tops biggest contracts (Special rule---you can refer to the Redskins in this thread---M.E.T.)

I watched the first quarter of the game and my god we have a new Hoculi!!!  Seven penalties in the first quarter.   His son wants to be the center of attention as much as his dad!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/18/2018 at 4:54 PM, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

3 out of 8 for 12 yards...rut-row

That 3/8 for 12 yards seems to have thinned out this thread for the week lol...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Califan007 said:

That 3/8 for 12 yards seems to have thinned out this thread for the week lol...

Yeah because everyone was in here annointing him to the HOF after the first week and all... ? 

Ita basically Kirk goes 4/4 with a TD, AntiKirks say it’s only preseason, Kirk fans think it’s a glimpse of what’s to come.  Kirk goes 3/8 for 12 yards and the AntiKirks like it and want to talk about it and Kirk fans don’t think it’s a big deal.

That said, I fully expect this thread to be booming all season long.  After both great and bad performances and everything in between.

21 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Imagine if that was Alex.....there would be a lynching for both Bruce and Jay..

We’d first need to see Alex play some length of time for that to have a chance of happening.

One thing Alex does have going for him here is that when he/the team struggles, a big faction of the fan base will point the finger at the head coach and/or the rest of the team no matter what.  

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yeah because everyone was in here annointing him to the HOF after the first week and all... ?

What does that have to do with posters staying away from the thread when he goes 3/8 for 12 yards?...

Ita basically Kirk goes 4/4 with a TD, AntiKirks say it’s only preseason, Kirk fans think it’s a glimpse of what’s to come.  Kirk goes 3/8 for 12 yards and the AntiKirks like it and want to talk about it and Kirk fans don’t think it’s a big deal.

No...more accurately it seem to be; Kirk goes 4/4 and a TD, Kirk fans (or Bruce haters, or both) post again and again and again...and again. But so does everyone else.

Kirk goes 3/8 for 12 yards, it's crickets and tumbleweeds from the first group. Everyone else is still posting. It's obvious and noticeable. every single person who is missing from the thread this week will be back posting on it after Kirk has a good game in the 3rd preseason. except Jumbo, his presence isn't predicated on anything so superficial lol...

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

What does that have to do with posters staying away from the thread when he goes 3/8 for 12 yards?...

That you’re making much ado about nothing.  I didn’t see a ton of dialogue about how great or meaningless his first performance was.  The conversation delved into the FO’s between the two teams.  Of course there was you in here fighting for Old DC on that front. 

Of course there was you in here bringing up Colt McCoy’s performance to tamper any flame from Cousins performance.  Yeah, that’s obvious and noticeable.

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That you’re making much ado about nothing.  I didn’t see a ton of dialogue about how great or meaningless his first performance was.  The conversation delved into the FO’s between the two teams.  Of course there was you in here fighting for Old DC on that front. 

Of course there was you in here bringing up Colt McCoy’s performance to tamper any flame from Cousins performance.  Yeah, that’s obvious and noticeable.

When Kirk went 4/4 and a TD, this was your immediate post:

"Redskins fans would be griping that he should have hit him better leading to a touchdown. :rofl89:"

When Kirk went 3/8 for 12 yards, this was your immediate post:

200.gif

You had no hesitation at all to jump into the thread to make fun of fellow Skins fans...why not jump back into the thread with the same quickness now?

Again...it's noticeable and obvious.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

When Kirk went 4/4 and a TD, this was your immediate post:

"Redskins fans would be griping that he should have hit him better leading to a touchdown. :rofl89:"

When Kirk went 3/8 for 12 yards, this was your immediate post:

200.gif

You had no hesitation at all to jump into the thread to make fun of fellow Skins fans...why not jump back into the thread with the same quickness now?

Again...it's noticeable and obvious.

Yeah, I’m totally running and hiding from this thread, with me being here posting and all. ?‍♂️ 

I mean if it it would make you feel better, I could have chimed in to say that I knew the AntiKirks would want to party on the heels of 3/8. 

Are you under the impression that I’m unaware of the fact that it’s clear where my opinion lies vs. other regular posters on this forum?  That Kirk/Smith won’t be a huge discussion going on forever with ‘I told you so’s being handed out on the regular week by week?

For the record, I’m well aware.  So please miss me with your BS that we’re running and hiding after a bad preseason performance.  I made one freaking comment that someone actually proved me correct on shortly thereafter.  So no, I wasn’t in here posting about the performance relentlessly only to hide when it goes the other way.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

52 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I forgot to respond to this part;

I wasn't trying to "temper any flame" on Cousins' performance...I was trying to temper flames on ANY preseason performance, especially after one game. It's also why I responded to the also-absent VeryOldSchool's comments about the Vikings' OLine in the manner that I did, and why I posted the 'Oh no, Kirk sucks again!" pic lol...anyone who is using preseason performances to start drawing conclusions--especially with multi-year veterans, and especially on a game by game basis--is chasing fool's gold. Colt McCoy looked really good in his first preseason game. Don't care. Cousins looked really good. Don't care. Smith looked really good. Don't care. Cousins looked really bad. Don't care. Individual throws I'll care about--or be impressed with, I should say...but little else matters for veterans other than them getting tuned up for the regular season.

Which is why I find staying away from the thread when Kirk does poorly in the preseason somewhat laughable lol...it doesn't matter if he did. We all (should) know that. Coming back into the thread to make fun of Kirk's performance would have shown you're not making too big of a deal over how these guys do in the preseason.

27 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yeah, I’m totally running and hiding from this thread, with me being here posting and all. ?‍♂️

You posting only after you felt I was calling you out doesn't help argue your case.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Which is why I find staying away from the thread when Kirk does poorly in the preseason somewhat laughable lol...it doesn't matter if he did. We all (should) know that. Coming back into the thread to make fun of Kirk's performance would have shown you're not making too big of a deal over how these guys do in the preseason.

Noted.

When Kirk plays poorly, I need to come here and make fun of it to prove it’s not a big deal. 

I thought the fact that I didn’t say much at all about his great performance to be a key indicator in that I don’t put much stock in preseason performances.

My comment had nothing to do with Kirk being great.  It was more about how picky and fickle some of our fans were about Kirk when he was here.

You make it out like I was in here posting multiple times about how great he was only to cower when he played bad.  I literally made one single comment that really had no indication that I thought his preseason performance meant much of anything.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

You posting only after you felt I was calling you out doesn't help argue your case.

Again, I didn’t post that his first appearance meant much.  Look around, neither did anyone else.  The conversation straight flew the coop to the FO, Alex, etc.

So in summary, I’m saying your call out was weak and based on nothing factual.  Go back and take a gander, while folks were in here talking not much at all had anything to do with his performance.

Just because a few usual suspects like what you have to say doesn’t make it factual.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Weird stuff happens once in a blue moon.  Timmy Smith?  Take out his 66 yard fluke and he had 71 yards on 23 rushes. That's him on his best day. 

71 plus 66 does not equal 204.

Do you mean take out the 66 yarder, the 50 some yarder...any others? lol

Smith had drug problems too.

Edited by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

71 plus 66 does not equal 204.

Do you mean take out the 66 yarder, the 50 some yarder...any others? lol

Smith had drug problems too.

Ummm.... the guy I quoted stated he had 137 yards on that day. Not 204.    So not sure about your 204 number. Regardless of the numbers that day, Rob is a 3rd string RB starting for us again.

17 hours ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Weird stuff happens once in a blue moon.  Timmy Smith?  Take out his 66 yard fluke and he had 71 yards on 23 rushes. That's him on his best day. 

Sorry, I was seeing two adjacent things and linking them together.   My bad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My comment had nothing to do with Kirk being great.  It was more about how picky and fickle some of our fans were about Kirk when he was here.

What I find "funny" is how Kirk's 1st 2 preseason games are a microcosm of " Kirk the Redskin". One game he's HOF..then lays an egg the next. It was a recurring question for the last two seasons "Which Kirk will show up??!!"  There seemed to be no in between or consistency ( and don't quote stats made up from garbage yardage when the game was lost. Kirk was a Good QB with consistency/trust/choke issues that *could* have been coached to be GREAT'R (I'll give the eR for the games where he pulled the string and played aggressively)

Just like RG3, Kirk seemed to think he knew how to play QB better than the coaches. aka Gruden's frustration on the tentativeness on some throws/patterns.

So this is my opinion based on my observations..he was not worth the Cap hit it would have cost to keep him. Had the price been right/better, I would have loved to have him back with the caveat that he play the game the way coach wanted it played. Gruden would have been the 1st to say "I told him to take that risk/make that read"

I swear..we just drafted a bunch of "Diss ready" players in 2012 with too big of ego's. I am glad that it has ended. I just posted the 3/8 for 12 to make the point..same old..same old. :)

• Like 1

He had a solid game, nothing great but played good enough to win.  It could be a huge year for Diggs, it's becoming apparent from watching the preseason that Kirk likes him and finds him more than Thielen.

Whats interesting is it looked a lot like us the last 2 years, Kirk was able to move the ball between the 30's no problem but once inside the 30 the drives would stall, he did have 1 pass down to the 10, a penalty and couple runs later Murray ran it in for a TD.

I think there's enough there from game 1 and 3 for the Vikes to feel good about starting the season.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

AR gets his big deal from the Packers and Cousins gets right back in the news telling the world what the Jets offered. Money whore.

I think you mean attention whore.

On 8/30/2018 at 4:41 PM, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

AR gets his big deal from the Packers and Cousins gets right back in the news telling the world what the Jets offered. Money whore.

I'm so happy he's gone. He's endless drama just like the QB before him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I'm so happy he's gone. He's endless drama just like the QB before him.

Yeah, hopefully Smith has what it takes to not be drama in this organization.

On a side note, bad news for Cousins...Rodgers and Stanford for that matter.  That’s gotta suck to wake up to.

7 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yeah, hopefully Smith has what it takes to not be drama in this organization.

On a side note, bad news for Cousins...Rodgers and Stanford for that matter.  That’s gotta suck to wake up to.

Who’s Stanford?