Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up


Recommended Posts

I’d set the Zoom meetings up, book the flights, pick either one up at the airport, and give them my apartment until they got their own place. Either one would be such a HUGE addition for Dwayne. Both have top 5 potential with OBJ having shown that already and ARob knocking on the door. I’d be willing to get a bit crazy with my offer too. Please do this. Please 

 

 

Also, I’m really confused about the Odell being a “headcase” thing. I’ve been asking for years for someone to show proof of this. By all accounts, his teammates love him. He stays out of trouble off the field. I think there are two nefarious factors at work that I’ll leave unsaid but at the end of the day, being flashy and being a star off the field doesn’t equal a bad teammate or bad person. Sure, he can be a clown but to my knowledge, he’s never done anything to hurt his team outside of being super passionate and trying to fight Josh Norman 5 years ago. He’s been in a pretty tough situation in Cleveland and has yet to say anything bad about his situation. He played through a core muscle injury all of last year without complaining or even acknowledging it. Baker Mayfield was the one that brought it up. 

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Only issue i remember ODBJ having off the field was in the locker room with LSU after a college championship game, when he slapped a cop on the butt as a joke, and there were rumors that there was a warrant out for his arrest, but nothing ever came of that.
 

I wanna say that happened in January of 2019, but January of 2020 does feel like two years ago with how long this year has been, so it could’ve been this year.....

 

EDIT: yep, that was indeed this year. WOW 2020 has been a long year 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Beckham has his issues, but hold on now, he is a much better player than Allen Robinson.  We concede that Beckham hasn't gotten much better since he's been in the NFL, but Robinson hasn't come close to replicating his production from his second season.  He is a one year wonder and that year was five seasons ago.  Give me Beckham any day over Robinson, especially if it's costing about the same to trade for them.

Is OBJ a much better player than Allen Robinson? If we're going off recent seasons, the stats indicate he isn't. OBJ hasn't been himself since the 2016 season where he was in a very generous Giants offense that force fed him the ball. 

 

If its a 3rd and I had the choice between those two, I'm taking Allen Robinson. He's been more productive, and he isn't a headache.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Only issue i remember ODBJ having off the field was in the locker room with LSU after a college championship game, when he slapped a cop on the butt as a joke, and there were rumors that there was a warrant out for his arrest, but nothing ever came of that.
 

I wanna say that happened in January of 2019, but January of 2020 does feel like two years ago with how long this year has been, so it could’ve been this year.....

That was this year. He was certainly drunk as hell and acting wild but again, he was having fun at the national title game. To my knowledge, he’s never been arrested or been involved in any real mess off the field 

 

He’s probably in the top 5 biggest stars in American sports and he hangs out with a lot of celebs so there are always stories about him (as the last week as shown lol) on the Internet 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

That was this year. He was certainly drunk as hell and acting wild but again, he was having fun at the national title game. To my knowledge, he’s never been arrested or been involved in any real mess off the field 

 

He’s probably in the top 5 biggest stars in American sports and he hangs out with a lot of celebs so there are always stories about him (as the last week as shown lol) on the Internet 

Exactly, and that was my opinion as well, that he was just having fun after a national championship game. I was just saying that’s the only “problem” (if you can call it that) off the field that he’s ever really had. 
 

id be perfectly ok with trading for him 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

That was this year. He was certainly drunk as hell and acting wild but again, he was having fun at the national title game. To my knowledge, he’s never been arrested or been involved in any real mess off the field 

 

He’s probably in the top 5 biggest stars in American sports and he hangs out with a lot of celebs so there are always stories about him (as the last week as shown lol) on

 

During his last year with the Giants, I think there was a photo of OBJ and a girl sitting on a bed with a pizza box that had lines of "an unidentified white powdery substance" on it.  But I don't think he has ever had any official legal issues or drug related concerns.  His disciplinary issues have mostly been for unsportsmanlike behavior and conduct detrimental to the team.

Edited by Nerm
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Is OBJ a much better player than Allen Robinson? If we're going off recent seasons, the stats indicate he isn't. OBJ hasn't been himself since the 2016 season where he was in a very generous Giants offense that force fed him the ball. 

 

If its a 3rd and I had the choice between those two, I'm taking Allen Robinson. He's been more productive, and he isn't a headache.

I love Allen Robinson but yes, Odell is better. I think there is potential for a Randy Moss like situation where he joins a terrible team for 2 years and ppl forget he’s still a game breaking talent. Then he moves again and takes the league by storm again (obviously we aren’t the 2007 Pats but the idea works still...i think lol)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I love Allen Robinson but yes, Odell is better. I think there is potential for a Randy Moss like situation where he joins a terrible team for 2 years and ppl forget he’s still a game breaking talent. Then he moves again and takes the league by storm again (obviously we aren’t the 2007 Pats but the idea works still...i think lol)

OBJ has literally never been close to the player Randy Moss was and we're closer to the 0-16 2017 Cleveland Browns than the 2007 Patriots lol. In my opinion he's riding off his prior early career seasons, I think it's kind of obvious he's fools gold right now. He doesn't appear to have that burst/acceleration anymore that always caused him to get open. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

No thanks to OBJ.  He wouldn’t be happy here because the OL can’t pass block and Haskins is erratic down the field.  I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t take OBJ long before he was pouty or sulking/miserable.  Not worth the draft capital or headache.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

OBJ has literally never been close to the player Randy Moss was and we're closer to the 0-16 2017 Cleveland Browns than the 2007 Patriots lol. In my opinion he's riding off his prior early career seasons, I think it's kind of obvious he's fools gold right now. He doesn't appear to have that burst/acceleration anymore that always caused him to get open. 

He was hurt all of last year with a core muscle injury. 
 

and no he isn’t the most talented WR in the history of the league like Moss but he’s damn good and at his best, is in the argument for best in the league. He didn’t forget how take a slant 70+ yards. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Beckham has his issues, but hold on now, he is a much better player than Allen Robinson.  We concede that Beckham hasn't gotten much better since he's been in the NFL, but Robinson hasn't come close to replicating his production from his second season.  He is a one year wonder and that year was five seasons ago.  Give me Beckham any day over Robinson, especially if it's costing about the same to trade for them.

Ridiculous statement.  Look at the numbers Robinson put up last season almost 100 catches 1,100 yards & 7 TD’s.  Dwarfed OBJ production you’re asleep.

Edited by -JB-
Link to post
Share on other sites

Odell is good for 75 catches and 13.5 ypc. He would be an enormous pickup for Dwayne Haskins. Add an OT and a TE and the offense is almost as complete as the defense. 

 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BeckOd00.htm

 

Easily worth a second and probably worth two seconds. And, before you argue with me, think about our recent history in the 2nd round. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, abdcskins said:

Allen Robinson is better than OBJ.  He works harder and is more physical.  Runs better routes and has better hands.  On top of that he has better character.

Ok I’ll take either but OBJ is supposed to be the bad character but Allen Robinson has taken down all mentions of the Bears from his socials and has distanced himself from his current employer like a teenager after one game 

 

Make it make sense, dude lol 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Ok I’ll take either but OBJ is supposed to be the bad character but Allen Robinson has taken down all mentions of the Bears from his socials and has distanced himself from his current employer like a teenager after one game 

 

Make it make sense, dude lol 

Dude, you try having to play with Trubisky year after year and see how you like it lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...