Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

1 minute ago, dyst said:

Not at all. They are a losing franchise who is trying to change the culture of their club. They have stuck by this guy for a billion years and if they have any inclination that he once again abused their trust, eventually you have to break ties. Browns have done everything in their power to stick by him, but at a certain point, you really do have to move on. I hope he lands on his feet, which I'm sure he will but I also don't blame the Browns one bit.

5 teams are apparently calling them about a trade so whatever the reason for wanting to release him it must not be that bad ??‍♂️ However, my point about the browns being stupid was only about hue Jackson not even wanting to play him last week and then not even realizing he was in the game on the first play, and then being mad when he shows up late today. 

I suppose I wouldn’t be surprised at all if a suspension is announced later this week though. 

I would be highly surprised if a team traded for Gordon.....why not go out and sign Dez Bryant or Martavis Bryant before he re-upped with the Raiders.

Gordon will be released and he will be playing for the Cardinals very soon.  Larry the Legend Fitzgerald can mentor him and his best friend Greg Little plays for them as well.  Perfect match and I really hope he's clean.  I would hate for him to come here and destroy the stability we have here.  I am thinking of the days of Fred Davis and Trent Williams battling suspensions. 

4 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

I'd take a shot on Gordon.  It might not pan out, but the upsides worth the risk...

It's difficult to weigh the gravity of a situation like Gordon.  Suppose you trade for him and he fails a drug test this weekend for cause, do you get your draft pick back?  If you do then it's less of a risk.  How would that look to your team's current roster?  Wouldn't that send a poor message for all those hard working guys who have trained hard and worked together as a team?  How much is that worth?  I think there's more value from a team perspective to not even be named as a team who inquired about a player like this.  $.02

13 minutes ago, Poindexter said:

I would hate for him to come here and destroy the stability we have here.  I am thinking of the days of Fred Davis and Trent Williams battling suspensions. 

He would be a larger deficit to the team before he ever got on the field.  Very poor comparison to the situation where Fred Davis or TW got suspended for smoking weed.  Gordon is an addict on his way out of football forever vs a lapse in judgement scenario.  

• Like 1

No to Dez!!!  He is a punk of a headcase, never ran good routes and is at least a step slow.

Gordon??? Are you kidding me??  The guy is a complete mess. He was not in camp or play any preseason. The Cleveland ****ing Browns do not want him!! Enough said.

This team is building a group of guys with the right mentality and character. Guys that are coachable, play hard and work together. Neither of the two above have ever exhibited those traits. They are both idiots.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Gordon is such a talent.  Could be a top 10 Receiver in this league if he would only pull his head out of his arse.  

I’m guessing our FO isn’t interested but what an addition he would be if he wasn’t so much of screw up. 

Will probably end up in Dallas.  

Edited by Idaho fan

lol were a joke

bring dez and gordon in

12 hours ago, goskins10 said:

No to Dez!!!  He is a punk of a headcase, never ran good routes and is at least a step slow.

Gordon??? Are you kidding me??  The guy is a complete mess. He was not in camp or play any preseason. The Cleveland ****ing Browns do not want him!! Enough said.

This team is building a group of guys with the right mentality and character. Guys that are coachable, play hard and work together. Neither of the two above have ever exhibited those traits. They are both idiots.  

our year is over might as well give gordon a shot

1 minute ago, Vladimir L said:

lol were a joke

bring dez and gordon in

our year is over might as well give gordon a shot

Season over in one game. Yea, that's logical. 

Total knee jerk reaction. Still just as stupid to bring them in now as it was before the game. 

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Season over in one game. Yea, that's logical. 

Total knee jerk reaction. Still just as stupid to bring them in now as it was before the game. 

these guys are afraid to get hit specially docson

crower wont carry our team

richardson has alligator arms

It's not that I want Dez and/or Gordon anymore then the next guy, but for two straight weeks, we've watched a WR core that is simply not up to NFL standards.  

Look at today's game. The Colts had ONE, one WR that was being targeted, and he produced more than our entire unit.  Look at the way the Colts use T.Y. Hilton....why can't we use Richardson like that?

Every time Alex Smith drops back, you can see he is looking downfield, but no one is getting open. Every time they do they get the ball.....but it bounces off their hands.

This is embarrassing to watch. 

Not like this team has anything to lose by bringing in guys.  Not like they are fighting for a playoff spot.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Not like this team has anything to lose by bringing in guys.  Not like they are fighting for a playoff spot.

I agree that there is little to lose.  One thing that’s obvious is that our current receivers wouldn’t start for other teams.  It’s a glaring weakness on our team.  

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

I agree that there is little to lose.  One thing that’s obvious is that our current receivers wouldn’t start for other teams.  It’s a glaring weakness on our team.  

What is even more frustrating is that other than being injury prone, Richardson was solid on the Seahawks. He was a legit deep threat.  Today he got behind the defense and made the one big play.  He dropped that other one......

Without seeing the game film I am not sure if defenses are making a strategic effort to take away the long ball, but that' fine, as a coach and O-coordinator you find ways to get the ball in their hands.  WR screens, crossing routes, slants.......I have seen none of those for two straight weeks.   Got to do something to change the way a defense is defending.

Week 1 against the Cards the lack of production by the WR's was overlooked because the Cards did zero to alter the running game.  Today was a different story.

Yea, let's react to some adversity by throwing two ****ing idiots in the mix. Again, would have been stupid before and would be stupid now. We could go 1-15 and it would still be stupid as hell to bring those two clowns in. 

You want to make some changes? Ok, I can see that, especially if they keep playing this way. But look at young guys with some potential. Give your other guys behind the starters more looks.